Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Honestly, I don't cry at the newer deaths. I'm disgusted mostly.

But... didn't Jamies recent resurrection kind of ruin this since he's back and her and Brian hate him?
    Nah, of he had been resurrected right after that it would have ruined it. But it's been years since that scene.

I really loved Remender's Betsy. She was fierce, honey.

The end of the original Age of Apocalypse

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Generation X 17.jpg
    Generation X 22.jpg

Bachelo's art did a lot of emotional heavy lifting in Generation X. These are all small moments, sure, but they've stuck with me for 25 years.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

*sniff* I was so damn happy when Nightcrawler came out of his coma but The X-Men "dying" at the same time tore my heart out. Kitty softened the blow, though. And may I add they are sooo cute here! BEST bro/sis duo in comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    This always gets me. What a perfect mini. That last look at Husk's face as the doors close.

I was hoping this would get a mention

BANNED

@Domino_Dare-Doll
    Would like to know your memorable moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    The end of the original Age of Apocalypse

OMG! I forgot about this! Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

I really loved Remender's Betsy. She was fierce, honey.
    I missed this post. I haven't read it, actually. At the time I was pissed because of NC's death and I had steered away from the comics at the time (I really didn't think Kurt was coming back, actually) As a Betsy fan I am tempted to read it but I'm mad about something else now... I'm withholding funds, lol...

Here's something from the Classic Byrne run that really got to me.

Uncanny X-Men # 116

BANNED

Professionalism at Marvel Comics - X-Mail for UXM #137

Moria's death and astral scene with Professor X, towards the end of Dream's end, may have been the first time i ever cried over a comic. (in an emotional way, not in a OMG this is so bad way). And I got through Illyana's death without a tear...though that was close.

I think if I had been reading when The Dark Phoenix Saga had first been published I would have cried then as well. But knowing the retcon already, I would say it did take some of the impact away.

Also, I think that Collossus's "death" to cure the Legacy Virus was quite powerfully written as well. I still feel that was a fitting, full circle close to that character. There was just something about the way it was written, coming back to the words from the scene of Professor X meeting a young Piotr Rasputin.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 02-13-2020 at 01:08 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Moria's death and astral scene with Professor X, towards the end of Dream's end, may have been the first time i ever cried over a comic. (in an emotional way, not in a OMG this is so bad way). And I got through Illyana's death without a tear...though that was close.

I think if I had been reading when The Dark Phoenix Saga had first been published I would have cried then as well. But knowing the retcon already, I would say it did take some of the impact away.

Also, I think that Collossus's "death" to cure the Legacy Virus was quite powerfully written as well. I still feel that was a fitting, full circle close to that character. There was just something about the way it was written, coming back to the words from the scene of Professor X meeting a young Piotr Rasputin.
    I wanted to post Moira's death too...but I'm having a hard time not feeling betrayed by that. Poor Rahne though; the way she was pleading? The utter helplessness that poor kid felt...she was so alone, screaming for her mummy not to leave her...that's what it's like. You're pleading, you're bargaining on the off chance of them to just...stay, because you love 'em so much.

I really feel betrayed when I think of that now.

The only other one I can think of is Gambit's proposal to Rogue...oh the passion behind that moment. Hell, the artistry in it...

Another one. This is such a quiet page but is so loud with tension and emotion. Classic Claremont and Davis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Another one. This is such a quiet page but is so loud with tension and emotion. Classic Claremont and Davis.
    So many good moments between Storm and Logan.

Logan, despite his macho posturing, tends to give in to self pity. Storm isn’t having it.

Goddess she was magnificent!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED