Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Last edited by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n; 02-06-2020 at 10:23 AM.

It's not like Depp fans on twitter or Daily Mail are reputable sources here…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    It's not like Depp fans on twitter or Daily Mail are reputable sources here…
    Then maybe just listen to the audio recording between her and him and judge for yourself. It's pretty clear from the audio she was abusing him physically and verbally while he was trying to calm her down in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Then maybe just listen to the audio recording between her and him and judge for yourself. It's pretty clear from the audio she was abusing him physically and verbally while he was trying to calm her down in this instance.
    Maybe. But I also firmly believe that the risk of recordings and statements being taken out of context is extremely high.

I also consider the campaign taken by Depp fans to be extremely distasteful due to the amount of personal attacks.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Whatever it is, they both seem to be toxic in the relationship. However, a lot of evidence is coming up against Heard...

Personally, while I liked her enough as Mera, I think her visuals sold the character more then her actual acting did, so I wouldn't necessarily mind a recast come what may.

This whole Heard/Depp relationship just seems like an emotionally abusive mess. Possibly on both sides.

Cut Mera from the sequel nothing is really lost imo
    Just introduce Dolphin or someone else

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Maybe. But I also firmly believe that the risk of recordings and statements being taken out of context is extremely high.

I also consider the campaign taken by Depp fans to be extremely distasteful due to the amount of personal attacks.
    I don't understand fan defenses myself, since the vast majority of them have no idea what type of people they idolize are in reality.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Cut Mera from the sequel nothing is really lost imo
    Just introduce Dolphin or someone else
    I'd rather recast Mera then just up and replace her. All that build up to make her a main heroine shouldn't go down to the toilet because of Heard's behavior.

Ugh, get this poison out of here.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I don't think there's something to be misconstrued, in the video she flat out admits that she abused him physically and verbally. Not sure what Depp's fans have been doing, but there's nothing to be taken out of context in the particular video. I don't care much for Depp himself but it's amusing that people who got on JK Rowling's case for giving him a job must feel a tad bit silly right now.

Regardless, I don't think this will affect Heard's Aquaman role. She plays a supporting character, it's not like this is Momoa revealed to have done something awful to his spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally, while I liked her enough as Mera, I think her visuals sold the character more then her actual acting did, so I wouldn't necessarily mind a recast come what may.

This whole Heard/Depp relationship just seems like an emotionally abusive mess. Possibly on both sides.
    there’s little to no evidence to suggest it’s on both sides. Going by what I’m seeing, she’s an abuser and a terrible human being on top of that. If Depp lost career opportunities for what he was accused of, then so should she.

BANNED

What's most interesting to me is how people get so wrapped up in other people's personal lives--whom they don't know at all--and the problems therein. I don't know, I just never got into or even understood the appeal of celebrity gossip.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-02-2020 at 05:48 PM.

They can either cut or replace her she wasn't THAT special.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Those who say Mera should be written out should have no opinion. But yeah just recast. Nobody cares War Machine was switched from Howard to Cheadle so why not do it here.