Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

The issue here is that there were people defending Johnny Depp prior to this recording being released. This isn't an example of people 'following the evidence' and changing their mind according to that evidence, its people who already believed Johnny Depp was innocent now claiming that they have proof for their claims.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I personally don't think allegations alone should ever be the reason to get rid of anybody. The problem, however, is when you're an entertainer fronting a multi-million dollar project. Even if you're completely innocent of all charges, the allegations by themselves may be enough to have you removed from a movie, show, etc. It's not fair, but I don't know what can be done about it.
    In a perfect world the public would wait until more is known. But I think that has never quite worked and has only gotten worse with Social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The issue here is that there were people defending Johnny Depp prior to this recording being released.
    How is this an "issue" if there's always been evidence against Heard long before the recording?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    In a perfect world the public would wait until more is known. But I think that has never quite worked and has only gotten worse with Social media.
    I completely agree. It's a mess.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The issue here is that there were people defending Johnny Depp prior to this recording being released. This isn't an example of people 'following the evidence' and changing their mind according to that evidence, its people who already believed Johnny Depp was innocent now claiming that they have proof for their claims.
    How is it an issue? What Heard had against Depp was filmsy at best. Depp doesn't have a history for this type of thing. I would expect for Johnny past girlfriends to come out and speak out too as one expect in this day and age. None of that happened. Abusers tend to be repeat offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    How is this an "issue" if there's always been evidence against Heard long before the recording?
    Except the evidence was a wash, both parties provided proof of abuse, yet the pro-Depp side has remained resolutely confident of his innocence. This is because Depp is a major celebrity and Heard barely is. These people aren't following the evidence, they're defending a 'friend.'

Even with this recording, which obviously puts Heard in a bad light, I still find it telling that the pro-Depp side still has to outright ignore evidence that Heard was a victim of abuse too or claim such evidence was fabricated.

Except the evidence was a wash, both parties provided proof of abuse, yet the pro-Depp side has remained resolutely confident of his innocence. This is because Depp is a major celebrity and Heard barely is. These people aren't following the evidence, they're defending a 'friend.'

Even with this recording, which obviously puts Heard in a bad light, I still find it telling that the pro-Depp side still has to outright ignore evidence that Heard was a victim of abuse too or claim such evidence was fabricated.
    She's proven herself to be a liar and an abuser so it makes perfect sense to question her claims.

Lol, some people are seriously still defending Heard afer this? She's a textbook abuser judging by these tapes. And there's plenty of evidence against her even outside of the Johnny Depp thing. Ffs, she's been arrested for domestic abuse a decade ago.
    I read somewhere that one of her past girlfriends claimed Heard was abusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally, while I liked her enough as Mera, I think her visuals sold the character more then her actual acting did, so I wouldn't necessarily mind a recast come what may.

This whole Heard/Depp relationship just seems like an emotionally abusive mess. Possibly on both sides.
    I dunno...

Experts say no such thing what's exists.

https://www.thehotline.org/2016/01/2...-mutual-abuse/

She's proven herself to be a liar and an abuser so it makes perfect sense to question her claims.
    And what about the photographic proof she submitted to the courts? Did she hit herself or did she 'paint' the bruises on?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I read somewhere that one of her past girlfriends claimed Heard was abusive?
    She was arrested for beating her then girlfriend:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...iend/85563338/

https://www.inquisitr.com/3185259/am...ect-amber/amp/

And what about the photographic proof she submitted to the courts? Did she hit herself or did she 'paint' the bruises on?
    Yeah, I dunno...

https://www.tmz.com/2016/05/27/amber...s-no-injuries/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-evidence.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...riends-8069579

https://jambernews.wordpress.com/201.../abuse-photos/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Maybe it's my age, but I believe any of the people I like and admire are capable of doing the wrong thing. Though this was a gradual evolution in my thinking, that feeling certainly was cemented after one of my childhood heroes killed his ex-wife and her friend a quarter a century ago. I just let all of the evidence take me where it goes and make my judgment then. That's all we can do from our perch.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I doubt Warner Bros. fires Heard and recasts the role or cuts Mera from the film. If this were Disney she would be gone in a heart beat, but Warner Bros. isn't as concerned about making their
    movies family friendly and don't care as much about what certain groups of the public thinks. I mean they hired James Gunn immediately after Disney fired him. And a couple fighting certainly
    is less of a big deal to most people than what was alleged against James Gunn. Probably 90% of the audience has had some sort of romantic partner problems at some time in their life.