Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if people raked Depp over the coals for his perceived abuse, having legitimate evidence of Heard committing abuse should impact her career just as much (one would think).
    People were already raking Amber Heard prior to this recording though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Teresa Palmer would be a decent replacement. She looks enough like Heard and is a better actress.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I mean, if people raked Depp over the coals for his perceived abuse, having legitimate evidence of Heard committing abuse should impact her career just as much (one would think).
    Except the average person is going to yawn when it comes to a woman doing something like this. Unless you're the size of Danny De Vito and married to a female body builder, it's really not the same thing as a man abusing his wife or girlfriend. Having said that, everybody should get the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong - I hate it when the Pitchfork Brigade starts yelling and screaming based on zero evidence.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Except the average person is going to yawn when it comes to a woman doing something like this. Unless you're the size of Danny De Vito and married to a female body builder, it's really not the same thing as a man abusing his wife or girlfriend. Having said that, everybody should get the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong - I hate it when the Pitchfork Brigade starts yelling and screaming based on zero evidence.
    It's the 21st Century, and everybody feels entitled to a pound of flesh. Very different from the "live and let live" ethos I was raised with just a few short decades ago.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

YEAH... NO. Thats hella bad, because women lying about abuse is a huge blow against women who are actually getting abused out there. No one has a right to abuse you regardless of gender though.
    More importantly it isn't he job of any one male or female to be another persons punching/bag whipping boy. I applaud him for NOT giving massive retaliation to her.
    On the topic of jobs though...
    Someone said it above "If batman can be recast so can she."
    The Terrance Howard thing sucked but hey, we go on.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    YEAH... NO. Thats hella bad, because women lying about abuse is a huge blow against women who are actually getting abused out there. No one has a right to abuse you regardless of gender though.
    More importantly it isn't he job of any one male or female to be another persons punching/bag whipping boy. I applaud him for NOT giving massive retaliation to her.
    Of course nobody should be anybody's punching bag, but your typical guy can just walk away from that type of violence fairly easily. Most women in that type of situation don't have that luxury, however, since they are almost always smaller and not nearly as strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It's the 21st Century, and everybody feels entitled to a pound of flesh. Very different from the "live and let live" ethos I was raised with just a few short decades ago.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I think it's always been around, BA, but I agree it's much, much worse now (thanks to the Internet and the 24-hour news cycle).

Of course nobody should be anybody's punching bag, but your typical guy can just walk away from that type of violence fairly easily. Most women in that type of situation don't have that luxury, however, since they are almost always smaller and not nearly as strong.
    I don't think violence should ever be seen as okay, no matter the gender. Just because the force isn't gender equivalent shouldn't matter.

I mean, Heard's reaction to hitting Depp just isn't okay by any stretch of the imagination. And it shouldn't be played off just because she's a woman any more then it should be looked over if Depp abused her. Both situations should be seen as equally reprehensible.

I don't think violence should ever be seen as okay, no matter the gender. Just because the force isn't gender equivalent shouldn't matter.

I mean, Heard's reaction to hitting Depp just isn't okay by any stretch of the imagination. And it shouldn't be played off just because she's a woman any more then it should be looked over if Depp abused her. Both situations should be seen as equally reprehensible.
    Again, it isn't right, but nobody should be surprised that the reaction to this might not be the same.

She cut off his finger bro
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Recast and reboot. I don't want the character to be associated with this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Those who say Mera should be written out should have no opinion. But yeah just recast. Nobody cares War Machine was switched from Howard to Cheadle so why not do it here.
    Good point. I swear, Aquaman 2 will be the first movie I’ll actively boycott if Mera isn’t recast.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Anyone actually saying Mera should be cut out of future Aquaman films is out of their mind.

Mera is getting a solo AND Aquaman 2. She has potential to be on par with Wonder Woman. Just re cast her if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    She cut off his finger bro
    Allegedly severed his finger accidentally, that is. That may have happened, as well as all of the things she claims he did, but we have no evidence of that at the moment. All we know for certain is what she has admitted.

If there's no prison time, there's no need to replace or recast her.