Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If there's no prison time, there's no need to replace or recast her.
    Has it ever worked like that? I mean just the allegations against Depp were enough for some People to want him to get put on the black list.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Has it ever worked like that? I mean just the allegations against Depp were enough for some People to want him to get put on the black list.
    I personally don't think allegations alone should ever be the reason to get rid of anybody. The problem, however, is when you're an entertainer fronting a multi-million dollar project. Even if you're completely innocent of all charges, the allegations by themselves may be enough to have you removed from a movie, show, etc. It's not fair, but I don't know what can be done about it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Don't care, just my opinion.

I don't see the issue with recasting (not just here, but with any franchise movie). Not to be all "old man shouts at trees" but there were 3 different Batmen in 4 different movies when I was growing up and it never confused me any. Recasting is never ideal but I fail to see why any character should be sidelined just because an actor or actress either can't or won't keep playing them.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

We don't know the details, but this is a he said-she said thing. Not conclusive enough to fire her, I don't think.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Toxic relationships are a thing. People beat the shit out of each other. It happens.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Of course nobody should be anybody's punching bag, but your typical guy can just walk away from that type of violence fairly easily. Most women in that type of situation don't have that luxury, however, since they are almost always smaller and not nearly as strong.
    Most women have working legs so they should also be able to just walkway from abusive relationships just like your typical man.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Most women have working legs so they should also be able to just walkway from abusive relationships just like your typical man.
    Except an abusive man might come after her anyway, which happens too often unfortunately.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Except an abusive man might come after her anyway, which happens too often unfortunately.
    Not only that. Some abused women can't runaway because either they have no means of income or they're emotionally dependant of their abusers.

Or at least, that's what I've seen happen.

About the topic of the threead, I have not opinion. I mean, this stuff is in the courts, right? I would wait for what happens there. But I honestly don't get too interested much for the personal life of strangers.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    We don't know the details, but this is a he said-she said thing. Not conclusive enough to fire her, I don't think.
    There was nothing conclusive against Depp only Heard's word and he lost work. This is an admission of guilt on tape. Far more conclusive than what she had on Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There was nothing conclusive against Depp only Heard's word and he lost work. This is an admission of guilt on tape. Far more conclusive than what she had on Johnny.
    I mean Heard literally used pictures as court evidence but uh...sure "just her word".

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I mean Heard literally used pictures as court evidence but uh...sure "just her word".
    Pictures can easily be doctored.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Pictures can easily be doctored.
    So can recordings.

Now, I have no clue about Depp's and Heard's interactions while dating and married. I leave that to the courts to sort out (again). But I consider this a smear campaign that is done out of revenge against Heard, and an example of the very culture she herself spoke out against in 2018.
    Last edited by kjn; 02-05-2020 at 05:03 AM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    So can recordings.

Now, I have no clue about Depp's and Heard's interactions while dating and married. I leave that to the courts to sort out (again). But I consider this a smear campaign that is done out of revenge against Heard, and an example of the very culture she herself spoke out against in 2018.
    Not as easily as photos. It will take some serious sound mixing to scramble a conversation and string it together to make it sound natural. From listening to the recording it doesn't sound tempered with.

Lol, some people are seriously still defending Heard afer this? She's a textbook abuser judging by these tapes. And there's plenty of evidence against her even outside of the Johnny Depp thing. Ffs, she's been arrested for domestic abuse a decade ago.