Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I doubt Warner Bros. fires Heard and recasts the role or cuts Mera from the film. If this were Disney she would be gone in a heart beat, but Warner Bros. isn't as concerned about making their
    movies family friendly and don't care as much about what certain groups of the public thinks. I mean they hired James Gunn immediately after Disney fired him. And a couple fighting certainly
    is less of a big deal to most people than what was alleged against James Gunn. Probably 90% of the audience has had some sort of romantic partner problems at some time in their life.
    To be fair, a lot of people would argue that Gunn was unfairly fired by Disney and Disney themselves ended up reversing that decision.

I wasn't there to observe their entire relationship so I lack any context to judge either of them. I do doubt strongly that JD is an innocent victim though. I'll still watch movies with him and I will look forward to more of AHs Mera in upcoming DCEU movies.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Good point. I swear, Aquaman 2 will be the first movie I’ll actively boycott if Mera isn’t recast.
    ... *sigh* I cancel your boycott by boycotting it if she is recast and raise the stake by refusing to buy the limited steelbook blu-ray too.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There was nothing conclusive against Depp only Heard's word and he lost work. This is an admission of guilt on tape. Far more conclusive than what she had on Johnny.
    OMG its on tape! Just like all the times when she said he abused her. Its truly amazing that people are taking her word for it now ... but not when she was in court or at any other time. Selective listening.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    OMG its on tape! Just like all the times when she said he abused her. Its truly amazing that people are taking her word for it now ... but not when she was in court or at any other time. Selective listening.
    That said, as a child of a parents who were in abusive relationship. Heard's explanation for the video also made sense. My mom used to totally do the same thing. So there's plausible deniability.

That said, I didn't boycott Depp either. Domestic relationships and abuse are complex.

BANNED

It’s due to the Amber Herd situation that I refuse to watch the original Aquaman film and if WB doesn’t distance themselves from the actress and this blows up even further, then Except backlash towards the Aquaman sequel. WB should have fired her from the start and not wait this long for it to turn out.

The last link you cited is a blog that stopped publishing material in 2016 and claims to have 800 posts detailing the relationship between Amber Heard and Johnny Depp...This is what I was referring too, long before this recording was released there was already a sub-culture that expounded Johnny Depp's sainthood. (Also, FYI, nothing you posted is evidence that Heard faked her bruise)
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's not gonna affect anything. When Depp was accused it didn't affect Fantastic Beasts at all.

Though Depp is a much bigger name than Heard.

Aquaman 1 did very well despite the very loud Heard haters.. She should stay as Mera because I liked her work and I like good continuity.

Yeah, I wish the mods would close this thread. It's mostly low-level misogyny and regurgitated links to Daily Mail.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    I wasn't there to observe their entire relationship so I lack any context to judge either of them. I do doubt strongly that JD is an innocent victim though. I'll still watch movies with him and I will look forward to more of AHs Mera in upcoming DCEU movies.

... *sigh* I cancel your boycott by boycotting it if she is recast and raise the stake by refusing to buy the limited steelbook blu-ray too.

This. I wasn't there to see how they truly interacted as a couple. Those pretending to know it all are just projecting. These things are complex and many times both have faults for the abusive behavior. I also can't see Depp as a victim because I remember from the 90s how he was considered a very dark and problematic guy. I still like some of his movies, by the way.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This. I wasn't there to see how they truly interacted as a couple. Those pretending to know it all are just projecting. These things are complex and many times both have faults for the abusive behavior. I also can't see Depp as a victim because I remember from the 90s how he was considered a very dark and problematic guy. I still like some of his movies, by the way.
    I'm a big fan of Depp myself and have seen almost all of his films (going all the way back to Nightmare on Elm Street as a teen). I was a regular viewer of 21 Jump Street, too. Still doesn't mean he didn't do what he is accused of, though. I haven't a clue
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Depp is taking her to court and more tapes and things will come out giving us a better understanding of the situation.

At the moment she comes across as an abuser and a liar, so I would just drop her from the movie and recast her unless things change from the court proceedings. It isn't like the movie did well because of her and she feels completely expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So Heard had tapes she revealed in court? That she hasn't released publicly for privacy reasons?

(I'm asking out of genuinely not knowing).

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Yeah, I wish the mods would close this thread. It's mostly low-level misogyny and regurgitated links to Daily Mail.
    I'm not a big fan of Depp and barely knew anything about Heard but I have seen firsthand the damage that abuse does and the worst part is when the abuser uses their charm and reputation and charisma to turn friends and even complete strangers against you. Heard's behavior is one of the more blatant examples of that and the fact that she was associated with #MeToo shows her hypocrisy.