Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I too am rereading Claremont’s run... It’s refreshing to read older comics from the 70’s and 80’s because as mentioned above, they weren’t a 3-5 minute read and you’re done. Nowadays things are made for the trade and decompressed so it takes the same time to read a TPB than it did to read one issue from back then. I also really really miss THOUGHT BALLOONS!
    "Give us $24.99 for this issue of Uncanny X-Men" -Marvel, 2019
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Thought balloons - great in comics, rubbish on message boards

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Yeah, I have. I remember the first time the show came on. I was just talking to my younger brother about it. I was like 12, and super excited to have a cartoon with comic book characters, X-Men, and I remember giving my then 6 or 7 year old brother this huge hug of excitement. I was not let down. Those first episodes were unreal. I remember Morph dying. It was serious stuff! Back then of course TV was quite different, today I can watch the show in order, on my time, as fast as I want and can, and back then it was Saturday morning. Was I home then? Did she show air a repeat? A lot of possibilities. And eventually, I think I just stopped watching. I have read the last season can get pretty bad, and that the story never really got finished, but I’m sure I’ll still get a lot out it. Soon!
    If you're interested; I got to sit down and talk with the two writers of the show and really delve into X-Men: The Animated Series -
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1375
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I also REALLY miss the notations like "Read SpiderMan #13 to see why they are concerned about Scott!" to help you travel through the weedy storylines.
    Yes. And I don't understand WHY they don't do this...

Other than they're too lazy to do the research. Too lazy to care about continuity. And not realizing the potential sale increase this might bring, for people who do want to know what's going on and how it ties to their current book...

Meh. I am just an old man sitting on my lawn, swinging my cane at the noisy kids on their skateboards...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Yes. And I don't understand WHY they don't do this...

Other than they're too lazy to do the research. Too lazy to care about continuity. And not realizing the potential sale increase this might bring, for people who do want to know what's going on and how it ties to their current book...

Meh. I am just an old man sitting on my lawn, swinging my cane at the noisy kids on their skateboards...
    I gotta tell ya, as a kid (and even adult) those little issue notations were great. It made me pick up a comic I wouldn’t normally have. Sometimes I would keep reading that book because I liked what I read....

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I love thought balloons. Such a unique storytelling device. It was awesome to see a scene play out and multiple people have their own internal thoughts juxtaposed to their external actions/voiced words. That's something special. I have no idea why they ditched them. The preferred 'narration boxes' of today usually end up monopolizing a page, to the extent that 'team books' are now usually stealth solos, where only one character really gets explored, to the detriment of all the others.
    Yes, I love thought bubbles too. The characters thoughts actually felt a part of the story and interaction. Narration boxes just take you out the story.

UXM 150...

The case of the Busty Easter egg...

Gotta wonder if this was Claremont or Cockrum or Shooter, hell, maybe Louise Simonson!!

2E6FA761-B4F6-4528-8C9D-3BBB829F7C05.jpg

The egg here is the name of the ship.

Took a good break for a while, but I’ve been back at it in the last couple weeks or so. I just passed the intro to Madelyn Pryor, read the first three issues of New Mutants, and God Loves Man Kills. Looks like I’ll be starting the Wolverine 4 issue mini as well before I get into UXM 172.

The Brood saga was fun, and I’m excited with all the books available now. Kind of overwhelming too, but let’s see how it goes!