Does anyone remember this little gem of a story from Marvel Fanfare?

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...40_storm.shtml

I feel it might be slightly overlooked due to being outside the main series - the Uncanny X-Men stories published in parallel to it can be enjoyed even without this short story, which however establishes how Ororo finds Rogue after she runs away from the team following the Michael Rossi incident and, most importantly, confirms Mystique and Destiny knew that Ororo would lose her powers while trying to prevent the same from happening to Rogue.

It's also amazing how Claremont seeds the events of the Fall of the Mutants via Irene here, despite the story still being 5 years away at this stage:

MFAN40_FallOfTheMutants.jpg

But continuity and foreshadowing aside, this Marvel Fanfare story is an exquisite exploration of Ororo and Raven's characters, what they have in common, what sets them apart. I suspect the reason this wasn't published in Uncanny at the time was that the setting and themes were a bit... borderline for the time? Claremont always featured regular doses of fetish clothes and S&M themes in his story, and of course the Hellfire Club had already long been introduced, but perhaps this was deemed a tad to explicit for the main book. Regardless, I urge any Storm sand Mystique fan to check out this story as it's really well worth it.