Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-MEN relationships.

I know, weird thread. Romantic relationships that you think should have happen but never did.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Cypher n Warlock
    Sunspot n Gosamyr
    Multipal Man n Rhapsody
    Cannonball n Dragoness

Under the glad it did not happen

Wolverine n jean
    warpath n sryn

I think I'd be happier erasing certain relationships from existence than wishing for more.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I know, weird thread. Romantic relationships that you think should have happen but never did.
    Gambit and Polaris
    Gambit and Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I think I'd be happier erasing certain relationships from existence than wishing for more.
    LOL, I can think of at least one, but there are others.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

BANNED

X-23 and Tyke. The groundwork was laid, but then it got derailed. SO much fun that could have been had with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    X-23 and Tyke. The groundwork was laid, but then it got derailed. SO much fun that could have been had with that.
    I was looking forward to Logan looking on in horror when his "daughter" reveals she's dating past Cyclops.

BANNED

Wolverine and Psylocke. I always thought there was potential there. Logan was the first person to accept her after the body change. They've always had a strong bond. I can also kind of see her helping Logan "raise" Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It could have been cool. Too bad Rucka didn't press to bring her along on a space-adventure.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Cypher and Warlock. They practically are a canon couple but everybody just pretends they're not.
    Logan and Storm. I like their friendship and the potential is there. Of course, when he's back to starring in ten titles a month he'll never be able to settle down.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Gambit and Polaris
    Gambit and Sage

LOL, I can think of at least one, but there are others.
    Not a big ship person, but Gambit is my boy, so I'll rock with Neko here...

The Polaris relationship should and probably would have happened had X-Factor made it over the hump. Polaris already showing interest in him years ago with the stripper look a like made the two hooking up a bit more plausible. There's also a vague familiarity between them, not to mention "in commons". They've both been slighted by teammates they'd been attached to for years; his ex with her father, namely. Them even just keeping it casual would have had all kinds of undertones of juicy drama; sexual frustration, revenge, even comfort. I thought for sure they would have slept together or at least mutually kissed after or during a giant blow up about the current chain of command... Not that Gambit is the type to seek out leadership or power.

Sage... This one is strange because I along with a lot of others thought they would eventually get stuck together along the way. CC had them in the strangest exchanges that ended with her assaulting his face at least twice.... Then there was that weird XXM cover after the Kahn Invasion arc. He was handing her the queen of hearts playing card, a token he typically saved for Rogue, who was on the other side of said cover. It was totally misleading. I think they had another "huh." exchange at the end of the AXM/XXM/AoA crossover event.

So...I'll see your Sage/Polaris and raise you a Lila Cheney, for AoA and classic Laurie Mc homage.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It could have been cool. Too bad Rucka didn't press to bring her along on a space-adventure.
    I think with Wolverine's death on the horizon they wanted her on Earth for the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Not a big ship person, but Gambit is my boy, so I'll rock with Neko here...

The Polaris relationship should and probably would have happened had X-Factor made it over the hump. Polaris already showing interest in him years ago with the stripper look a like made the two hooking up a bit more plausible. There's also a vague familiarity between them, not to mention "in commons". They've both been slighted by teammates they'd been attached to for years; his ex with her father, namely. Them even just keeping it casual would have had all kinds of undertones of juicy drama; sexual frustration, revenge, even comfort. I thought for sure they would have slept together or at least mutually kissed after or during a giant blow up about the current chain of command... Not that Gambit is the type to seek out leadership or power.
    The entrance into a possible Gambit/Polaris relationship wasn't handled well last year. Its better off early on wetting fans appetite to the concept and getting them invested in it, then providing the conflict, then moving toward romance. The idea of them trying out a relationship was good on paper, but no virtually x-series these days (beyond the flag ship and core X-Men titles) gets more then 20-25 issues so you have to plan for that as well.

The only other relationship that I think writers were building for her that fizzled out what Lorna/Wolverine under Austen. Well arguably Lorna/Bobby never got off the ground in its two attempts, but that is another matter. Its got to suck only to have had Havok for all those years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I think with Wolverine's death on the horizon they wanted her on Earth for the aftermath
    Plus it'd been kind of a dick move from him to tell Jeen they shouldn't be together and one panel later ask Laura to go to space with him

Ultimate Member

The May/December Doug Ramsey/Elizabeth Braddock relationship that never happened in the New Mutants 'Wildways' annual might have raised some eyebrows (even if Betsy wasn't *that* much older than Doug).

Callisto (after Masque 'punished' her by making her pretty) and Colossus might have been an interesting couple, much less the innocent-child types like Kitty or that Savage Land girl or that alien healer (T'saji?) in Secret Wars that Colossus tends to get paired with.

Bishop and Deathbird, all the way. Those two fighting side by side looked pretty amazing together, and each of them was just as much a jaded veteran of the psychic wars as the other.

Jamie Madrox and Rahne Sinclair spent some time (a summer? a few years? unclear) working together under Moira on Muir Isle. Did they click at all? She ended up being the one female member of his X-Factor team he didn't sleep with, after Monet, Theresa and Layla!

I always thought that Gambit had way better chemistry with Storm than he did with Rogue. Storm put up with zero of his crap, and didn't even look like she was trying.

Assuming Dani and Rahne weren't always in each others heads (and, it seemed, a half-step away from being in each others pants), Dani and Sam seemed like they had potential, on the one hand, and like Dani could do better, on the other, since she would clearly be the 'man' in their relationship...

I kind of liked how Empath's interest in Magma was humanizing him. He went into it hoping to capitalize on her interest in him (at Emma's urging, to manipulate Amara), only to find himself as caught up in feelings for her and finding himself all tangled up in his own web. And then he went all Purple Man / Dr. Light. Ugh. There's no scrubbing that stink off.

And then there's the one that never happened, that I'm *glad* never happened. Storm and Cyclops. I like the idea that, at least in the past, those two are capable of being friends, and it not being some sort of secret forbidden attraction, like seems to exist between Jean Grey and every mutant with a penis. Arguably the two strongest leaders of the mutant race, and what admiration and respect they have for each other has nothing to do with their potentially interlocking body parts.

That's pretty grown-up, right there, in a way that nothing with 'adult' or 'mature' on the title will ever have.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-26-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

X-23 and Hellion! They built it up for years and then nothing came of it! I was so let down.