Quote Originally Posted by 9th View Post
I have always wondered, with the year TPBs if we would get a Hellboy in Vietnam story. ( before, during or after that terrible war).
Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
It's a good question, and one I am not equipped to answer. He's a US citizen, so would've been eligible for the draft, and at the time the US entered the war (1965), he'd have been of age for conscription (by the US government's reckoning he'd have been 20 years old I'd imagine.) His draft number was 162 and he was "born" in 1944, which means he would've been called for possible induction at the first draft in 1969. Whether he was considered ineligible due to his being an active member of the B.P.R.D. is another question, but I can't imaging Bruttenholm allowing him to run off to fight in Vietnam, no way, no how.

However, we do have quite a gap between 67-74 in terms of the timeline, and since the first draft took place in '69 and they left the war in '73, it's utterly conceivable that this unknown period has Hellboy off in Vietnam... which would make a pretty good collection of short stories a la Hellboy in Mexico.

Give it to me.

Edit: I'm going to move this concept to a separate thread I think.
Has anyone got any information regarding Hellboy and his whereabouts during Vietnam?