Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Visual cameo... yeah that’s either Maggott or Skin. But I don’t think the other one will be in any big role anytime soon.

Plot outline... It can’t be Dust since she’ll be in Champions. As much as I want it to be Surge, she’s relegated to cameo queen status. I HOPE it’s Wind Dancer but I won’t be mad if it’s Frenzy cause I love them both.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I kind of hope that Wind Dancer is the wallpaper cameo, because she'd absolutely get the most mileage out of it if the fan reaction to Skin and Synch's appearance at the end of HoX / PoX is any indication.
    Good point!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    She's not dead, just depowered after M-Day.
    I choose to believe she was the dead waitress whose feet we saw in Uncanny Avengers.

Thinking about it. He did kind of overhype us huh.

Hella baited me with Surge and Wind Dancer.

But I guess he got the clicks he needed.

I'd rather have Wind Dancer be used in part of a story where depowered mutants get their powers back.

Prodigy got his powers back. Per L. Williams.

So it would be cool to see on panel how they go about doing that.

And I'd want them to explore that with Wind Dancer.

That is all. Good to you!
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-03-2020 at 11:55 AM.

wow uh. that was disappointing but surprising? guess not. so basically none of those characters are doing anything interesting...good to know

BANNED

Oh yeah
    A Jean and Emma focused week. This will be wonderful. I can't wait to see the meltdown when they say anything minimally good about Emma and whatever about Jean that some users pick to be offended about.

Having Emma surfing on Jean popularity again isn't a surprise.

BANNED

I like that the writer emphasized that Jean and Emma Week is "totally not just about Cyclops worship, you guys. Honest."

That just emphasizes how rare it is for Jean Grey to get an important moment without him being glued to her backside.

Looking forward to seeing how true that is.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Oh yeah
    A Jean and Emma focused week. This will be wonderful. I can't wait to see the meltdown when they say anything minimally good about Emma and whatever about Jean that some users pick to be offended about.
    You ever play mine sweeper? This gives me similar vibes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Visual cameo... yeah that’s either Maggott or Skin. But I don’t think the other one will be in any big role anytime soon.
    The character might as well be given a sign that states: "maybe next time".
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-03-2020 at 06:22 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Oh yeah
    You do realize it is like two fans on this board that are big Jean fans but hate Emma. The rest of the die hard Jean fans all like Emma and frequently say good things about her. I will concede there are more Emma haters on twitter though.
    I don't know why people generalize the entire Jean fandom on this site for literally two people who have an undying hatred of Emma Frost. Myself, PhoenixStudies, Frankcd, WallStreater, and so many other Jean fans on this board also like or love the character of Emma Frost. But I guess it is easier to generalize based on a couple folks who are sort of "loud" (but honestly they just state their opinion like everyone else).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You do realize it is like two fans on this board that are big Jean fans but hate Emma. The rest of the die hard Jean fans all like Emma and frequently say good things about her. I will concede there are more Emma haters on twitter though.
    I don't know why people generalize the entire Jean fandom on this site for literally two people who have an undying hatred of Emma Frost. Myself, PhoenixStudies, Frankcd, WallStreater, and so many other Jean fans on this board also like or love the character of Emma Frost. But I guess it is easier to generalize based on a couple folks who are sort of "loud" (but honestly they just state their opinion like everyone else).
    One bad apple etc etc etc

BANNED

Much like with the actual character, there is a bit of an expectation on this board that everything about Jean must also necessarily be about Cyclops, and therefore, Emma. Don't let anyone make you feel like you don't pay deference to either of those characters enough, especially if you DO like Emma. Ignore the nonsense. There's no requirement to prostrate yourself before specific holy characters.

BANNED

Well, I thought it was clear that I wasn't generalizing when I said "some users". I know it isn't every Jean fan, it's just those three (there are three, not two) and we both know their thing isn't stating their opinions. My apologies, anyway.

(If you want to continue to "prostrate" yourself before the might of Cyclops, even after this, be free to talk to us acolytes in his appreciaton thread. New members of the cult are always welcome.)

Quick Thoughts

-I am curious about the question with Maggot in it, JDW shot down Leah Williams from using him so I am hoping that means he is showing up somewhere with plan to use him more. With Brisson shoving Glob down our throats I can't think of an excuse for them not to use Maggot.

-Colossus in that picture looks huge like a good 12 to 14 feet tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Much like with the actual character, there is a bit of an expectation on this board that everything about Jean must also necessarily be about Cyclops, and therefore, Emma. Don't let anyone make you feel like you don't pay deference to either of those characters enough, especially if you DO like Emma. Ignore the nonsense. There's no requirement to prostrate yourself before specific holy characters.
    Pretty telling how fast Marvel went to put jean with Scott and Emma team ups.