Default IDW Marvel Action Spider-Man

Interview about the IDW Marvel Action Spider-Man relaunch and preview for issue #1:
    https://www.newsarama.com/48886-marv...der-man-1.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Interview about the IDW Marvel Action Spider-Man relaunch and preview for issue #1:
    https://www.newsarama.com/48886-marv...der-man-1.html
    O good I thought this got canceled there for a second, bullet dodged

From what I've read of this series, it does a better job of balancing other Spider-Heroes together then Marvel's Spider-Man does, even if I still don't know if it really takes 3 Spider-People to fight Shocker.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any felt changeover from Delilah Dawson to Brandon Easton, but I'm confident on Easton writing the book. So far the writing seems in-line with the previous volume.

Schultz as a teacher is kind of weird, but they already set up that he's got some confidence in himself and can be a bit standoffish.

I think they should let these Marvel Action books develop for a few more years before adapting or doing any events.

Ugh, "Mr. Stark" .

Movie synergy, lol.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what I've read of this series, it does a better job of balancing other Spider-Heroes together then Marvel's Spider-Man does, even if I still don't know if it really takes 3 Spider-People to fight Shocker.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any felt changeover from Delilah Dawson to Brandon Easton, but I'm confident on Easton writing the book. So far the writing seems in-line with the previous volume.

Schultz as a teacher is kind of weird, but they already set up that he's got some confidence in himself and can be a bit standoffish.

I think they should let these Marvel Action books develop for a few more years before adapting or doing any events.

Ugh, "Mr. Stark" .

Lol so it seems they are taking some inspiration from the mcu for this version of shocker to a certain extent just like how their version of Brock was clearly inspired by Tom Hardy’s version. Im surprised their taking some inspiration from itsv for the trio in this new run I thought they where going to base it a bit more off the Disney xd show

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Lol so it seems they are taking some inspiration from the mcu for this version of shocker to a certain extent just like how their version of Brock was clearly inspired by Tom Hardy’s version. Im surprised their taking some inspiration from itsv for the trio in this new run I thought they where going to base it a bit more off the Disney xd show
    I think the ITSV influence is just having multiple spider-heroes around.

Other then race this version of Shocker seems fairly unique.

Yeah, they're inspired by multiple sources. ITSV, the MCU (Peter's relationship with Tony), the original comics (the high schools and supporting casts, though the overlap in Gwen's and Peter's has affected the roster of the band).

interesting to make Miles an age-peer of Peter & Gwen (and the "established" spider-gwen, is technically only college-aged at this point?) . well, hopefully this ongoing series can be well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the ITSV influence is just having multiple spider-heroes around.

Other then race this version of Shocker seems fairly unique.
    I see, I Agreed I’m actually looking forward to how they handle this version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    interesting to make Miles an age-peer of Peter & Gwen (and the "established" spider-gwen, is technically only college-aged at this point?) . well, hopefully this ongoing series can be well received.
    They’ve been doing pretty well so far I think they’ll do just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    This is actually a relaunch, there was already an IDW Spider-Man series, which started when the three spiders met. They all already had their powers but didn't know each other until they all went for a Daily Bugle internship.