Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

TBH, I think Conan is the most likely to enthusiastically engage in a discussion about who would win, owing to being played by Schwarzenegger, who gets totally giddy about his own performances.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

I seem to remember Conan deflecting arrow in rapid succession but I'd have to go through the stories again.

He's strong enough to break the neck of a "Wild Cimmerian Bull" which is probably and Aurochs while wrestling it. He also mentions fighting and marching for days without rest.

Book Conan is also the most likely to show up in heavy armor. Which makes a difference.

Not sure if it'll be enough. I need to go through the Howard stories and make a note of some of his feats again.

Not familiar with the Witcher books, but Geralt's fought a lot of guys in full plate armour. It's hard to see where the blows are landing, so I can't say he's cutting THROUGH it for sure, but he is, at least, skilled at dealing with it way more effectively than a human reasonably could. He also cut right through ~6 inches of chitinous limb while pinned underwater with basically no leverage beyond forearm strength.

He wears horrible D&D studded leather that I keep trying to tell myself is just some really stylish brigandine in the show. I can't speak to what he wears in the books, but every time I've seen him not in the Netflix series, he was wearing mail of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Not familiar with the Witcher books, but Geralt's fought a lot of guys in full plate armour. It's hard to see where the blows are landing, so I can't say he's cutting THROUGH it for sure, but he is, at least, skilled at dealing with it way more effectively than a human reasonably could. He also cut right through ~6 inches of chitinous limb while pinned underwater with basically no leverage beyond forearm strength.

He wears horrible D&D studded leather that I keep trying to tell myself is just some really stylish brigandine in the show. I can't speak to what he wears in the books, but every time I've seen him not in the Netflix series, he was wearing mail of some kind.
    Arthur Dayne Sword of Morning is the best swordsman in Game of Thrones. You can tell because he can stab someone through a coat of plates, through mail, through the gambeson/aketon, through the person, and then back out through the gambeson/aketon, through the mail, and through the coat of plates.

The real question is that of he's so strong why not beat people to death with an uprooted tree?

Bit of a pet peeves of mine sorry. So few writers/directors don't seem to understand how armor works, or even that it does work.

Conan cleaves through armor more than a few times admittedly, however Howard usually references 1) how stunned everyone is that he can do this, 2) How it wrecks whatever weapon he's holding to do so.

Geralt's other feats have him consistently superhumanly strong enough that it's at least believable. The main point of significance would be his sword surviving.

But like I said, from the scene where he fights a bunch of guys in full plate, it's hard to tell if he's cutting through it or if he's just ludicrously accurate enough to do inhumanly rapid point strikes one after the other.