Amazing Member

Default Southern Bastards

If I remember right Southern Bastards was just on hiatus but I am beginning to think it is just done. Any official word?

I abandoned Marvel and DC around the time DC launched the NU52 and really started enjoying a lot of creator owned stuff. However, the number of books that just end is really making for a frustrating experience.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy1968 View Post
    If I remember right Southern Bastards was just on hiatus but I am beginning to think it is just done. Any official word?

I abandoned Marvel and DC around the time DC launched the NU52 and really started enjoying a lot of creator owned stuff. However, the number of books that just end is really making for a frustrating experience.
    Jason Aaron mentions in his blog that it will come back. Posted it this January
    https://jasonaaron.substack.com/p/newsletter-3-what-now

"But it’s not just THE GODDAMNED we’ll be seeing more of in 2020. I’m committed to having a much bigger presence with creator-owned work this year than last. So once THE GODDAMNED returns, the second arc of SEA OF STARS won’t be far behind. And then look for more SOUTHERN BASTARDS, along with word of another brand-new creator owned project. In addition to the previously-announced Sturgill Simpson inspired SOUND AND FURY graphic novel, it should make for an exciting year of original work."

Let's see if they finally release the second hardcover, that was delayed
    Last edited by Guthwulf; 02-04-2020 at 09:39 AM.

I really hope Aaron is able to continue this series. I'm sure they could find someone great to take over from latour afree the recent allegations. It would be such a pity to not have a proper conclusion to this book

It's pretty hard to replace the co creator. This isn't just Jason Aaron's book. Latour would have to be okay with someone else drawing it, and I don't really see that happening. It's not like the world is clamoring for more Southern Bastards. It's been actual years since the last issue.

Far as I'm concerned the book is dead.