Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Geralt (Netflix) vs. Sauron (LoTR)

Live action versions of both.

Geralt has just drank a portion and has 1 spare.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Live action versions --
    *leaves thread*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Live action versions of both.

Geralt has just drank a portion and has 1 spare.
    A portion of what, exactly?

If this is Sauron from LotR, I'm going to go with the big armored dude from the start of Fellowship.

Geralt is a lot faster, and if common knowledge tells him that the Ring is the be-all end-all, he is fast enough to cut the thing off. If he's downed the potion, he... ought to be able to fight through the energy wavey thing that Sauron can do with a swing? I guess that's the thing - Sauron, when he first takes the field, is swinging his arm and sending a hundred dudes flying. As long as Geralt can fight through that, there is no reason he can't use his VASTLY superior speed to cut off Sauron's ring finger.

He does a decent job powering through waves of magic that are beyond what Sauron shows when on a potion in the past, at the queen's banquet, when he receives the gift of surprise.

So... maybe?

If this is "Lighthouse of Dea...er...Really Scary Menace" Sauron, I guess Geralt can just knock it down for a ringout?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If this is Sauron from LotR, I'm going to go with the big armored dude from the start of Fellowship.
    During the LotR movies he's the giant lighthouse. The armored dude is from thousands of years before. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Geralt comments about not seeing this coming, and then spends the next week knocking down the giant eyeball tower in Khazan.

Why would you do this, Arbiter.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Geralt comments about not seeing this coming, and then spends the next week knocking down the giant eyeball tower in Khazan.

Why would you do this, Arbiter.
    Your answer:

Live action
    It's poison.
    Why are we here?

I was thinking in his armored mace swinging form, yeah. Not disembodied burning pink eye. :P

And hes had a PORTION of a POTION. *grumbles*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    During the LotR movies he's the giant lighthouse. The armored dude is from thousands of years before. ^_^
    Not technically! In the intro to FotR, he's the giant armored guy. It's technically in the film, even if it's just the intro.

In any case, I really couldn't see how to make much of a fight between Geralt and the lighthouse. Sauron in that form has literally no abilities - that don't involve a magic rock, which isn't present here and which Geralt would just shatter - save panicking and trying to be scary. Geralt on Witcher-sterol ought to be able to knock the thing down eventually.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Not technically! In the intro to FotR, he's the giant armored guy. It's technically in the film, even if it's just the intro.
    Most. Current. Version.

But Arbiter has clarified.

- save panicking and trying to be scary.
    Giggle-worthy performances of both, as the Lighthouse.
    Why are we here?

Most. Current. Version.
    ...although, going by MOVIE times rather than the in-world timeline, that could be the seizure-inducing manifestation from The Hobbit.
    Why are we here?

I was thinking in his armored mace swinging form, yeah. Not disembodied burning pink eye. :P

And hes had a PORTION of a POTION. *grumbles*
    In that case, given that Sauron loses that war because of a broken sword held out in a prayer defense swing by "just a guy" with no other real feats to speak of, the vastly faster, vastly stronger, wielding sufficient magic to not get knocked away Geralt should be able to replicate the situation.

I would say the ring situation, given the time period, is very much common knowledge.

Giggle-worthy performances of both, as the Lighthouse.
    I giggled writing it, and am giggling again reading your reply.

...although, going by MOVIE times rather than the in-world timeline, that could be the seizure-inducing manifestation from The Hobbit.
    Of course, having a seizure would imply feeling something, and Geralt is manifestly incapable of feeling anything beyond the occasional "f@*% me!"

I giggled writing it, and am giggling again reading your reply.
    I spent most of the third movie gripped by a near frothing fury, and still broke into giggles at that scene.

Zero gravitas.
    Why are we here?

Of course, having a seizure would imply feeling something, and Geralt is manifestly incapable of feeling anything beyond the occasional "f@*% me!"
    No, no. Seizure-inducing for the audience, not the people Sauron faced.

Seriously, go back and watch that scene again, it's...well, it's followed up by the Return of Radioactive Galadriel, so I'm hard-pressed to make a decision on which is worse.
    Why are we here?