Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Aunt May and Galactus
    She did become his Herald once.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Lightbulb

In honor of Valentine's Day, here are my top five Marvel crack pairings.

5.) 616 Spider-Man/Komodo

4.) Iron Man (Tony Stark)/Jean Grey

3.) Superior Spider-Man/Black Cat

2.) Human Torch/She-Hulk

And Drumroll Please

1.) Spider-Mam (Miles Morales)/Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-09-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like both your thoughts here, not just on the Jean Grey/Steve Rogers pairing, but also on the overarching divide between the X-Men and the rest of the Marvel Universe and the logical sense of betrayal Jean could've felt or expressed at finding out that unlike when she was possessed by the Phoenix and everyone came to her aid, everyone shunned and condemned her erstwhile love Scott Summers for what he did while driven out of his mind and sense of reason by the Phoenix and even after his death for actions that turned out to not be his actions at all. That being said, I could argue as well that when it's Spider-Man teaming up with the X-Men, both he and the X-Men are usually treated respectfully in regards to their characterization, notwithstanding the uncharacteristic hostility from most of the X-Men toward him in the all-too-short Spider-Man and the X-Men series. On the subject of pairings, if Jean's aphrodisiac is indeed heroism, then Spider-Man would be a good pairing for her, too, since he is the biggest hero in the present-day/canon Marvel Universe outside Captain America (and often, future-set stories or time travelers from the future will state that he goes on to surpass Cap as the greatest hero of their era, no disrespect intended) and barring One More Day. Then again, if Jean/Spidey were to happen, it could make for an awkward double date with their respective clones, whom I think would make a great romantic pair as well.
    Spider-Man and Jean Grey is also another good pairing, good idea! It reminds of this cover, which I own!

As well as reminds me of that old comic issue where Spider-Man teams up with the X-Men, helps them out, and then kisses Jean Grey on the lips before smashing through their living room window—all in front of Prof. X and Cyclops, lmfao!

Torch/Spiderman
    Iceman/Wiccan

PS
    Do ya ever think the writers stumble upon this and think "wtf is wrong with our fans?"

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Spider-Man and Jean Grey is also another good pairing, good idea! It reminds of this cover, which I own!

As well as reminds me of that old comic issue where Spider-Man teams up with the X-Men, helps them out, and then kisses Jean Grey on the lips before smashing through their living room window—all in front of Prof. X and Cyclops, lmfao!
    Ah, yeah. I remember that one, and that was a great cover, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Torch/Spiderman
    Iceman/Wiccan

PS
    Do ya ever think the writers stumble upon this and think "wtf is wrong with our fans?"
    Maybe, but there are some contingents of the fandom that they would (or should) probably ask that of before coming at shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    PS
    Half the stuff the writers come up with is terrible garbage, so...

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Half the stuff the writers come up with is terrible garbage, so...
    And that's being kind.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And that's being kind.
    Being very kind indeed these days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Songbird / Radioactive Man – They had good chemistry in Ellis' run. If he can only forgive her for cultural ignorance...
    True, they did. And Chen certainly had developed feelings for her. I think Melissa has come a long way in terms of her cultural ignorance -- that whole experience with Abe and his skin colour change forced her to examine some things more closely.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    In honor of Valentine's Day, here are my top five Marvel crack pairings.

5.) 616 Spider-Man/Komodo

4.) Iron Man (Tony Stark)/Jean Grey

3.) Superior Spider-Man/Black Cat

2.) Human Torch/She-Hulk

And Drumroll Please

1.) Spider-Man (Miles Morales)/Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    Peter and the She-Lizard? She seems a little young for him, but probably a safer choice (for him) than Peter and the She-Beetle!

Otto and Felicia would be delicious. Both are waffling madly as to what color hat to wear, and they could drag each down, or lift each other up, or just cause all sorts of shenanigans if they are on different trajectories the whole time, and zig-zagging madly!

Torch and Shulkie, yowza. She'd break him. And he'd love it.

Miles and Kamala sounds like it would be cute, particularly seeing how Sam would react, since he's kinda/sorta been floated as a possible future Mr. Kamala Khan. Would he be jealous? Would he be relieved, because he's just not ready for that sort of thing yet? Would he be, like so many guys, annoyingly on the fence and utterly pissy about a girl he wasn't ready to date anyway spending time with another boy?

Really, I like all of your ideas except for Jean and Tony. (If Jean wanted the sort of relationship she could expect from Tony, I'd expect her to get it from Warren...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Peter and the She-Lizard? She seems a little young for him, but probably a safer choice (for him) than Peter and the She-Beetle...)
    Don't worry, if Marvel keeps compressing their timeline (Spidey went from being active for fifteen years to thirteen to recently ten years) Spider-Man and Komodo (eventually female Beetle) will be the same age soon enough lol.

Mighty Member

I really liked Kamala and teen Cyclops in Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I really liked Kamala and teen Cyclops in Champions.
    Same. I even liked it when post-Extermination, in the Jim Zub-written Champions issue tying into War of the Realms, adult Cyclops came back for her. It was a truly sweet moment.

Quicksilver / Tigra
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Blue Marvel and the goddess, Idunn (If anyone needs a bite of her apples, it's him!)