Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope the film ends in a good place.

I'm wondering if Indy will sacrifice himself at the end of the movie.

Another option is time travel for himself and Marion, perhaps to be stranded in the 21st century.
    Depends on whether or not they're willing to jettison their established franchise canon. According to Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Indy is still alive in the early 1990s.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Depends on whether or not they're willing to jettison their established franchise canon. According to Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Indy is still alive in the early 1990s.
    Eh, although I always loved those scenes I'm not sure they're canon anymore as the present day scenes were all removed by George Lucas and are no longer available in any of the releases of the show.

It also established that Indy has a daughter, grandchildren and lost an eye. I think at least Marion would be a bit old for that (unless that somehow is a macguffin), she was adopted, or he remarried later on. But again they could be "non canon".

https://indianajones.fandom.com/wiki...y%27s_daughter
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Worth noting that Mangold produced Ford's last film, Call of the Wild.
    Bit of an underrated movie, in my opinion.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Just let the franchise rest. I admire the amount of camp in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but I think we would be better off if it didn't exist.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The Indy franchise seems to have a reverse-Star Trek pattern (odd-numbered movies are good, even-numbered ones are bad), so that means the next one should be good. I'm not opposed to giving some closure to the character, whether they kill him off or not (I would prefer they didn't). And then they should really consider re-casting with Chris Pratt and doing more movies -- or even a TV show -- about Indy's earlier adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Just let the franchise rest. I admire the amount of camp in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but I think we would be better off if it didn't exist.
    It's rested for over a decade, and Ford ain't getting any younger. If it rests too much longer it'll be dead. I say strike while you still can!

Mangold did give us a suitable ending for Wolverine in "Logan" although Hugh is much younger than Ford. Just hope they don't make it too dark and depressing-even the darkest Indy, Temple of Doom, is also the perhaps the most fast-paced, just plain crazy fun of the series. Even the iconic theme sounds like it's been sped up in certain places to match the action.

Indiana Jones And The Lost City Of Atlantis with Chris Pratt playing Indy.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Pheobe Waller Bridge has been cast as the female lead. Kind of an interesting choice considering there was a lot of backlash around her SOLO character.

Kind of curious who she'll be playing. Post-Marion love interest? Indy's daughter? Another female villain like Cate Blanchett's character?

John Williams is also returning, although he is nearly 90 and I think he had to step back a bit and had some help with the sequel trilogy soundtracks due to his age.

Mads Mikkelsen has been cast. It's possible he's the villain I suppose, although he's played certain characters who aren't outright villainous (Even Le Chiffre is partially sympathetic to a minor degree).

Given that the later 60s/early 70s were a sort of relative thaw in the Cold War, kind of curious what villains would appear. Going out on a bit of a limb here but maybe Belloq's son? He'd be about the right age.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's rested for over a decade, and Ford ain't getting any younger. If it rests too much longer it'll be dead. I say strike while you still can!
    Let it die, I say. Let’s see something new. These franchises are becoming much more about the money than even the entertainment, let alone the art.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Indy: Hippies. Why did it have to be Hippies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Given that the later 60s/early 70s were a sort of relative thaw in the Cold War, kind of curious what villains would appear. Going out on a bit of a limb here but maybe Belloq's son? He'd be about the right age.
    I am curious why you think that period was a relative thaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Let it die, I say. Let’s see something new. These franchises are becoming much more about the money than even the entertainment, let alone the art.
    Don't kid yourself evaything is about the money if they say it's about the fans what they mean is the fans money nothing more anyway I say just recast.