Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Let it die, I say. Let’s see something new. These franchises are becoming much more about the money than even the entertainment, let alone the art.
    Or, crazy idea, it could not die, make a great sequel, and you could just ignore it while those of us who want to see more get to see more?
    I never understood this need of some that if they're done with a franchise then it should just die despite there being more stories to tell and more than enough fans willing to continue to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Or, crazy idea, it could not die, make a great sequel, and you could just ignore it while those of us who want to see more get to see more?
    I never understood this need of some that if they're done with a franchise then it should just die despite there being more stories to tell and more than enough fans willing to continue to support it.
    The problem is the last Indiana Jones movie sucked. Sticking an even older Harrison Ford out there to lead an action movie just isn’t going to work.

The problem is the last Indiana Jones movie sucked. Sticking an even older Harrison Ford out there to lead an action movie just isn’t going to work.
    Just because the last one wasn't that great doesn't mean this is going to suck and just because ford is older doesn't mean it can't work.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that actually liked that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that actually liked that movie.
    + me. I enjoyed the overall narrative. I'm thinking that various folks had issues with the "refrigerator escape", the presence of Shia Lebouf as an "annoying sidekick", no Sean Connery, and the story wasn't whatever the viewer's "perfect idea" was, based in part by all of the abandoned script treatments that leaked over the years, Dark Horse comics published, etc.
    And maybe folks felt that using ants as the "creepy crawly" in a sequence was repetitive.
    I'm not sure why some folks expected a perfect recreation of the experience of the first movie. But, oh well.. "modern fandom"...

I like it I just don't love it it has problems and when compared to the other 3 makes the problems impossible to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    + me. I enjoyed the overall narrative. I'm thinking that various folks had issues with the "refrigerator escape", the presence of Shia Lebouf as an "annoying sidekick", no Sean Connery, and the story wasn't whatever the viewer's "perfect idea" was, based in part by all of the abandoned script treatments that leaked over the years, Dark Horse comics published, etc.
    I don't like Shia, but he did his part okay. I did love how they shot down the idea that he was taking over at the end when Indy takes his hat back.

As for the refrigerator, as any dumber than anything else they've done in the series. Remember Indiana's submarine ride?

I don't like Shia, but he did his part okay. I did love how they shot down the idea that he was taking over at the end when Indy takes his hat back.

As for the refrigerator, as any dumber than anything else they've done in the series. Remember Indiana's submarine ride?
    What's the submarine thing about again?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What's the submarine thing about again?
    Indy is on the outside of a submerged submarine and rides it several hundred miles.

Just because the last one sucked doesn't mean the next one will. Temple of Doom (suck) and Last Crusade (great) already prove this.

Temple of Doom is my favorite I would rank them

TOD
    AOC
    TLC
    kCS

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I though there was some enjoyment to be had in Crystal Skull, but...

Rule of thumb: whenever you see an obvious amusement park ride in a Spielberg movie, you know you're going to be wading through a lot of self-indulgent twaddle. Crystal Skull had two: the rocket sled and the waterfalls.

Boyd Holbrook has been cast.

Maybe he's an older Mutt? He's only five years older than Shia but he looks like he could fit that role, perhaps as a cameo. Maybe have him kind of be a bit like Rocky Jr. in the last few Rocky/Creed films, sort of a side character a bit worried about his father (especially since we have no word on Karen Allen).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Nah, hating on Crystal Skull became cool. I can admit to some parts I would change but KotCS is a fun film. Let's not apologize for others short sightedness.

Bring on Indy 5!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

There's rumors that the plot involves Operation: Paperclip, except Mad's guy hasn't forsaken his nazi past. Presumabely this would be an excuse for Indy to have one more fight against his most familiar foes.

Kind of reminds me a bit of James Bond's MOONRAKER-The original novel, not the film version.

Also rumors of it being set mostly in New York. New York was where Indy was teaching in LAST CRUSADE (Upstate) and also the city is where he met Donovan (In Raiders and Crystal Skull he's at a Connecticut college).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-21-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth