https://collider.com/indiana-jones-5...ennedy-update/

I'm guessing with no new Star Wars movie plans in the immediate future apart from Disney+ this finally gives Disney/Lucasfilm some more room to work on the film.

Naturally some are kind of skeptical-Crystal Skull of course is seen as the series's low point, and this is twelve years later. Even in Crystal Skull with Ford in OK shape, the film didn't really utilize him that much in the action-the motorcycle chase and the Jungle scene are largely Lebouf doing stuff, with Ford mainly just really doing the one-on-one fight scenes and the action scene at the beginning and that's it. Sure, he did fine reprising as Han, but Han was never as physically demanding as Indy-just a lot of running and shooting for the most part. (Luke had the more daredevil feats being the main character and all).

Of course this time I'm guessing Lucas won't have much involvement so it's pretty much just Spielberg and Ford working with Kennedy. Looks like David Koepp is likely back though.

Also kind of curious how they'll deal with Indy's situation at the end of IV, as he has a new family. Kill Marion and Mutt off like the later Rocky/Creed films or Terminator: Dark Fate? Bring them along? Lebouf burned his bridges with Spielberg and doesn't seem at all interested in returning (although I suppose Mutt could be recast).