Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Indiana Jones V once again popping up

https://collider.com/indiana-jones-5...ennedy-update/

I'm guessing with no new Star Wars movie plans in the immediate future apart from Disney+ this finally gives Disney/Lucasfilm some more room to work on the film.

Naturally some are kind of skeptical-Crystal Skull of course is seen as the series's low point, and this is twelve years later. Even in Crystal Skull with Ford in OK shape, the film didn't really utilize him that much in the action-the motorcycle chase and the Jungle scene are largely Lebouf doing stuff, with Ford mainly just really doing the one-on-one fight scenes and the action scene at the beginning and that's it. Sure, he did fine reprising as Han, but Han was never as physically demanding as Indy-just a lot of running and shooting for the most part. (Luke had the more daredevil feats being the main character and all).

Of course this time I'm guessing Lucas won't have much involvement so it's pretty much just Spielberg and Ford working with Kennedy. Looks like David Koepp is likely back though.

Also kind of curious how they'll deal with Indy's situation at the end of IV, as he has a new family. Kill Marion and Mutt off like the later Rocky/Creed films or Terminator: Dark Fate? Bring them along? Lebouf burned his bridges with Spielberg and doesn't seem at all interested in returning (although I suppose Mutt could be recast).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Let the franchise end or reboot with Chris Pratt.

Not with Pratt but they do need to recast.

This is definitely one of those things in life where any further addition would actually be a subtraction. Let’s see a new take on an adventurer-archaeologist without the Indy baggage.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Indy is Ford at this point, so if they're intent on doing it then it has to be with him or not at all.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Seconded... not a true reboot, though, but a recast with Pratt that keeps the other movies in continuity.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Seconded... not a true reboot, though, but a recast with Pratt that keeps the other movies in continuity.
    I mean, it's pretty easy to do given the films being set in the distant past and not necessarily being in chronological order, with Temple taking place before Raiders and Last Crusade. So they could dance around the timeline based on the needs of the story.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The original plan was to continue on with Shia LaBeouf as the lead. I think the better idea would be to recast Indy's son not Ford.

Back when Crystal Skull came out there was some talk that the next Indy could take place before Crystal Skull, therefore sidestepping the Marion/Mutt issue (That would be similar to how Temple of Doom did things; originally they wanted Marion to be Indy's only girl after Raiders, but for some reason they decided on a different one or Karen Allen was unavailable, so they placed it earlier). However, as Ford has aged a bit since then that's pretty much not a great idea.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-05-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Temple of Doom is before Raiders? I never knew that. Is there anything in the films to let you know that? I always assumed it was just a sequel not a prequel...

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Temple of Doom is before Raiders? I never knew that. Is there anything in the films to let you know that? I always assumed it was just a sequel not a prequel...
    I think the intro sequence at the club says it takes place in 1935, putting it a year before Raiders.

I liked Crystal Skull.
    I actually rank Temple of Doom as my least favorite.

But, On topic, i’ll watch another Indy movie no problem. He’ll, I don’t care if Ford is just in a framing sequence, telling someone a story (like the Young Indy TV series) and we see say, Chris Pratt in the flashback.
    Marion can even immediately interrupt him and say “you did NOT look like that” to which Indy would give that famous self depreciating half smile.

Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny. I'd do it with Harrison Ford again.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

If River Phoenix had lived, he'd be Indy right now and everyone would be loving it. I think Pratt is the best choice to take over, and I do like the idea of Ford doing a framing scene to make clear this is a flashback to his earlier "untold adventures." (Beyond that, though, it should be as unlike the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles as possible.)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    If River Phoenix had lived, he'd be Indy right now and everyone would be loving it. I think Pratt is the best choice to take over, and I do like the idea of Ford doing a framing scene to make clear this is a flashback to his earlier "untold adventures." (Beyond that, though, it should be as unlike the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles as possible.)
    What you describe IS the hook of the Young Indy show, so i totally agree w. you!