Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Production is supposed to start in two months according to Harrison Ford.

A thought occurred to me; the film will probably be set during the late 60s or early 70s, so I'm wondering if it'll reflect it's times like the original trilogy and especially Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Cold war, greasers, Elvis songs, alien fears etc.).

Wonder if it'll wind up a bit like Kong: Skull Island in that regard.

It'd be kind of funny if it had say, Indy watching Duel on TV as a bit of an in-joke. (I would say also maybe watch Star Wars, but I don't think it'll be set that late into the decade).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-14-2020 at 05:12 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Indy's main antagonists will be those damn long hairs you took over the campus.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

they might as well have it take place in the early 1960s, with JFK in office, and have him as a character. Find a good actor to portray him.

Latest report says it will somehow dwelve into Indiana Jones's past, possibly an unseen era, despite continuing with Ford.

There's two areas we're kind of a bit patchy on:

1) The exact circumstances of the Marion/Abner thing, which apparentally YIJC would've eventually covered had it been granted an extra season or two.

2)Indy's adventures between TLC and Kingdom, where he fought in World War II.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

They need to just recast and move it back to the 1930's and 1940's. Indy just does not work for me after WWII. The 50's and 60's are just to modern day for Indy to work in my mind.

Reports are coming in that Spielberg has left the project and now James Mangold is being approached. Curious why he left, although of course he doesn't do big event movies as much anymore (with some exceptions like Ready Player One), or maybe he felt that it wouldn't be the same without Lucas having some input like the other four. Mangold seems like a good choice although a "Logan" style Indy film might not be quite the right tone for it.

Indiana Jones and The Quest for an Independent Living Facility.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Worth noting that Mangold produced Ford's last film, Call of the Wild.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Worth noting that Mangold produced Ford's last film, Call of the Wild.
    Thats good and all but it does not change the fact that by the time they get around to start shooting this Ford will be pushing 80 years old.

The only way this movie will work is if its flashback heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Latest report says it will somehow dwelve into Indiana Jones's past, possibly an unseen era, despite continuing with Ford.

There's two areas we're kind of a bit patchy on:

1) The exact circumstances of the Marion/Abner thing, which apparentally YIJC would've eventually covered had it been granted an extra season or two.

2)Indy's adventures between TLC and Kingdom, where he fought in World War II.
    They need to avoid Young Marion I love the character but a Young Adult Indy with a minor wouldn't play well today.

Indiana Jones just doesn't work in the CGI era. There was a grit to the special effects of the first few movies that is just gone now. Indiana Jones doesn't work when everything looks too slick, and slick is all Hollywood does these days.

Yeah, that's something even Indy IV also used a bit too much, despite initial promises that they would be practical.

However, it can be argued that Disney's Star Wars films, although they still had a good chunk of CG, still scaled back from the prequel's heavy use, using a great deal more physical locations/sets, practical costuming (Instead of big CG armies) and puppetry.). While there's still plenty of valid criticisms for these films of course. But Disney seemed at least a bit wary of the CG overload.

So maybe at least in the effects sense we'll see Indy go back to it's roots.

I hope the film ends in a good place.

I'm wondering if Indy will sacrifice himself at the end of the movie.

Another option is time travel for himself and Marion, perhaps to be stranded in the 21st century.