Thread: Q vs Janet

Default Q vs Janet

Q of Star Trek takes on Janet (composite) of The Good Place.

Who wins?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Q of Star Trek takes on Janet (composite) of The Good Place.

Who wins?
    Composite Janet includes Disco Janet. Janet for the win.

More seriously, Janet probably has the edge in "amount of stuff affected" - each one basically controls a whole universe, not to mention their void. They also have a massive edge on knowledge - Qs don't seem as omniscient.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Janet may be more "knowledgeable" in terms sheer volume of content...

But she also has limitations in that she cannot ever lie, and she seems to have a bit of naivete, which Q could exploit with logic traps and wordplay, etc.

Janet has been able to lie for a while now, actually. Also, Janet isn't a robot and doesn't get confused by logic traps or wordplay - she/it is an actual consciousness, particularly "Team Cockroach" Janet that is the most advanced Janet in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Janet may be more "knowledgeable" in terms sheer volume of content...

But she also has limitations in that she cannot ever lie, and she seems to have a bit of naivete, which Q could exploit with logic traps and wordplay, etc.
    As mentioned, some of those limits might have applied to early, less evolved Janets, but the "star" Janet can lie, never gets confused, is most certainly not naive, etc. She evolves at each reboot, and the "main" one has been rebooted close to 1000 times.

She also has stupid levels of reaction speed.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Janet, as far as I know, is still vulnerable to being rebooted. Q could instantly bring the Reboot Button to him, resulting in Janet being forced to go into her Pleading For Her Life subroutine and unable to take any other actions. Rebooting Janet takes her out for at least a few hours, more than long enough to count as a ten count victory for Q.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I don't know enough about Janet but Q is no joke

- He uses the afterlife for a plaything
    - Took Picard back in time and was dipping his fingers in the primordial ooze.
    - Walking outside the Enterprise (can't recall if it was at warp) to enjoy a view
    - Moved the Enterprise to a different section of space in seconds

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    - Took Picard back in time and was dipping his fingers in the primordial ooze.
    The better feat was when he went back to the Big Bang to find another Q that was trying to hide Voyager there.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Janet, as far as I know, is still vulnerable to being rebooted. Q could instantly bring the Reboot Button to him, resulting in Janet being forced to go into her Pleading For Her Life subroutine and unable to take any other actions. Rebooting Janet takes her out for at least a few hours, more than long enough to count as a ten count victory for Q.
    Absolutely, but she's got salutatory reaction speed feats, certainly better than Q's that I recall, and ought to be able to stick the thing where Q can't find it before Q can do anything about it. Also, I wouldn't go saying that the reboot button is common knowledge - the overwhelming majority of beings, whether they know Janet or not, don't have any idea about the reboot button.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    The better feat was when he went back to the Big Bang to find another Q that was trying to hide Voyager there.
    I also remember another feat where Q got his powers back. He shrunk an entire species to fit in the palm of his hand and considered wiping them out.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 02-05-2020 at 11:29 AM.