Thread: Lois Lane #8

Astonishing Member

Default Lois Lane #8

The preview had me a little worried with how heavy it was on Montoya considering that this is Lois' book. The rest reads better but still.... I would like the book to actually be about Lois doing her thing, investigating and reporting and shift Montoya into the background, like they've managed to do with Superman.

Astonishing Member

There's definitely a little sea change going on as this investigation is derailed by things like new creepy assassins and a whole lot of Checkmate history coming back into play. Rucka picked up and played with Sasha Bordeaux at the beginning of Rebirth in Wonder Woman, and is picking Jessica Midnight back up now, and I'm curious to see how it shakes out because obviously Leviathan and Leviathan and Leviathan.

But all in all a pretty straight forward issue. Renee gets to have a fancy martial arts brawl, Denny Question style. Lois can handle herself pretty well. Superman's celebrity can be a pro or a con. And espionage intrigue in the cards. Not bad, but a bit water-treading. We'll see where it shakes out.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

The art in this issue reminded me of the old mad magazine film parodies