Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 306
  1. #151
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    LOL....first song used here twice! (see post #96)
    No, I've posted "Welcome to Eden" by Leslie Hudson twice. But it's about Poison Ivy, so I thought it fitting.

    Also, Tami ninjaed WestPhillyPunisher :-)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  2. #152
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,995

    Default

    Missed that one. And there's no formal rules about not using a title again but for a different key word

  3. #153
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Wonder Woman!
    Wonder Woman!

    All the world is waiting for you
    And the power you possess
    In your satin tights
    Fighting for your rights
    And the old red, white, and blue

    Wonder Woman!
    Wonder Woman!

    Now the world is ready for you
    And the wonders that you do
    Make a hawk a dove
    Stop a war with love
    Make a liar tell the truth

    Wonder Woman theme song- Charles Fox and Norman Gimbel
    Just look at all those hungry mouths we have to feed
    Take a look at all the suffering we breed
    So many lonely faces scattered all around
    Searching for what they need
    Is this the world we created?
    What did we do it for
    Is this the world we invaded
    Against the law
    So it seems in the end
    Is this what we're all living for today
    The world that we created

    Is this the World We Created by Queen (Brian May & Freddie Mercury)

  4. #154
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Just look at all those hungry mouths we have to feed
    Take a look at all the suffering we breed
    So many lonely faces scattered all around
    Searching for what they need
    Is this the world we created?
    What did we do it for
    Is this the world we invaded
    Against the law
    So it seems in the end
    Is this what we're all living for today
    The world that we created

    Is this the World We Created by Queen (Brian May & Freddie Mercury)
    Can I use the word world since it was already used or do I have to pick a new word?

    "Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world It's hard to get by just upon a smile Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world I'll always remember you like a child, girl Baby, I love you But if you wanna leave, take good care Hope you make a lot of nice friends out there But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware, beware Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world"

    Wild World by Cat Stevens

  5. #155
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    No rule against reusing words; it's perfectly fine to do.

    "Please don’t ask me to smile
    Please don’t tell me to cheer up
    Cuz this is my face and it isn’t your place to tell me how
    I should use it"

    Smile by Misbehavin' Maidens. This particular song is SFW, unlike a lot of their oeuvre.
    Last edited by kjn; 02-14-2020 at 01:29 AM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  6. #156
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    No rule against reusing words; it's perfectly fine to do.

    "Please don’t ask me to smile
    Please don’t tell me to cheer up
    Cuz this is my face and it isn’t your place to tell me how
    I should use it"

    Smile by Misbehavin' Maidens. This particular songs of SFW, unlike a lot of their oeuvre.
    Thanks.

    "Don't go I'm begging you to stay Hey, hey, hey Yeah Babe, I love you so I, I want you to know That I'm gonna miss your love The minute you walk out that door So please don't go Don't go Don't go"

    Please Don't Go by KC and the Sunshine Band

  7. #157
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    19,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thanks.

    "Don't go I'm begging you to stay Hey, hey, hey Yeah Babe, I love you so I, I want you to know That I'm gonna miss your love The minute you walk out that door So please don't go Don't go Don't go"

    Please Don't Go by KC and the Sunshine Band
    "Hey, little girl
    Stand right there
    Sun is shining in your hair

    Hey, little girl
    Don't you move
    Hey, my heart and l approve

    Whoa, whoa, whoa
    You're my sunshine
    Don't you know
    I love you, love you
    Shine your love on me
    Shine your sunshine
    By the stars above you
    I love you, truly love you."

    ---Sunshine by The Archies
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  8. #158
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
    You make me happy when skies are gray
    You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
    Please don't take my sunshine away"

    You Are My Sunshine (Muppets version) by Jimmie Davis and Charles Mitchell.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  9. #159
    Mighty Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
    You make me happy when skies are gray
    You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
    Please don't take my sunshine away"

    You Are My Sunshine (Muppets version) by Jimmie Davis and Charles Mitchell.
    "And the Anzac legends didn't mention mud and blood and tears
    And the stories that my father told me never seemed quite real
    I caught some pieces in my back that I didn't even feel
    God help me
    I was only nineteen"

    I Was Only 19 (A Walk in the Light Green), Redgum

  10. #160
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    "I may not always love you
    But long as there are stars above you
    You never need to doubt it
    I'll make you so sure about it
    God only knows what I'd be without you"

    God Only Knows, The Beach Boys
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  11. #161
    Impulsive Nschornhorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "I may not always love you
    But long as there are stars above you
    You never need to doubt it
    I'll make you so sure about it
    God only knows what I'd be without you"

    God Only Knows, The Beach Boys
    Oh, I love trash!
    Anything dirty or dingy or dusty
    Anything ragged or rotten or rusty
    Yes, I love trash!

    I have here a sneaker that's tattered and worn
    It's all full of holes and the laces are torn
    A gift from my mother the day I was born,
    I love it because it's trash!

    --I Love Trash, Oscar the Grouch

  12. #162
    Mighty Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Oh, I love trash!
    Anything dirty or dingy or dusty
    Anything ragged or rotten or rusty
    Yes, I love trash!

    I have here a sneaker that's tattered and worn
    It's all full of holes and the laces are torn
    A gift from my mother the day I was born,
    I love it because it's trash!

    --I Love Trash, Oscar the Grouch
    "But we're trash, you and me,
    We're the litter on the breeze,
    We're the lovers on the streets,
    Just trash, me and you,
    It's in everything we do,
    It's in everything we do..."

    Trash, Suede

  13. #163
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    "We were thirty-eight crewmen on Transport Eighteen
    The hour was late and the talk was obscene
    When the raiders streaked down and their bright lasers cut
    Some twenty-odd holes through her steel-plated gut"

    Ballad of Transport 18 by Leslie Fish

    ETA: Ninjaed by Foxley!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  14. #164
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    "Sometimes I feel I could be a teacher
    Or a ballerina or a different creature
    Sometimes I feel that my life is empty
    And my lovers bore me when they should be plenty"

    Femme Fatale (about Black Widow) by Leslie Hudson
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  15. #165
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "Sometimes I feel I could be a teacher
    Or a ballerina or a different creature
    Sometimes I feel that my life is empty
    And my lovers bore me when they should be plenty"

    Femme Fatale (about Black Widow) by Leslie Hudson
    Sometimes I get to feelin'
    I was back in the old days, long ago
    When we were kids, when we were young
    Things seemed so perfect, you know?
    The days were endless, we were crazy, we were young
    The sun was always shinin', we just lived for fun
    Sometimes it seems like lately, I just don't know
    The rest of my life's been, just a show
    Those are the days of our lives
    The bad things in life were so few
    Those days are all gone now but one thing is true
    When I look and I find I still love you

    Those were Days of Our Lives - - Queen (written by Roger Taylor)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •