Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 732
  1. #376
    Mighty Member Javasaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    "You're feeling it more, aren't you?
    The engineers call it a cognitive plateau
    Your mind is stable for a few hours, few days, and
    It starts to fall apart"

    Cognitive, 3RDKND
    "All that we are
    Is all that you'd love to be
    All that we know
    Is hate and machinery
    We're engineers"

    "Engineers" - Gary Numan
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

    Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

  2. #377
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,023

    Default

    "When I was a little girl I wished I was a boy
    I tagged along behind the gang and wore my corduroys
    Everybody said I only did it to annoy
    But I was gonna be an engineer"

    Gonna Be an Engineer by Peggy Seeger
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  3. #378
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "When I was a little girl I wished I was a boy
    I tagged along behind the gang and wore my corduroys
    Everybody said I only did it to annoy
    But I was gonna be an engineer"

    Gonna Be an Engineer by Peggy Seeger
    Welcome to your life
    There's no turning back
    Even while we sleep
    We will find You acting on your best behavior
    Turn your back on mother nature
    Everybody wants to rule the world

    "Everybody Wants to Rule the World", Tears for Fears

  4. #379
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    20,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Welcome to your life
    There's no turning back
    Even while we sleep
    We will find You acting on your best behavior
    Turn your back on mother nature
    Everybody wants to rule the world

    "Everybody Wants to Rule the World", Tears for Fears
    Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games
    We got everything you want honey, we know the names
    We are the people that can find whatever you may need
    If you got the money, honey we got your disease”

    —-Welcome To The Jungle by Guns ‘N’ Roses
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #380
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games
    We got everything you want honey, we know the names
    We are the people that can find whatever you may need
    If you got the money, honey we got your disease”

    —-Welcome To The Jungle by Guns ‘N’ Roses
    He bad production
    He got walrus gumboot
    He got Ono sideboard
    He one spinal cracker
    He got feet down below his knee
    Hold you in his armchair
    You can feel his disease
    Come together, right now
    Over me

    Come Together by The Beatles

  6. #381
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "They're formin' in a straight line
    They're goin' through a tight wind
    The kids are losin' their minds
    The Blitzkrieg Bop"

    Blitzkrieg Bop by Ramones
    "Wehell I see them every night in tight blue jeans
    In the pages of a Blue Boy magazine
    Hey I've been thinking of a new sensation
    I'm picking up good vibration
    Ooh she bop, she bop"

    She Bop by Cyndi Lauper

  7. #382
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He bad production
    He got walrus gumboot
    He got Ono sideboard
    He one spinal cracker
    He got feet down below his knee
    Hold you in his armchair
    You can feel his disease
    Come together, right now
    Over me

    Come Together by The Beatles
    "The time has come, the Walrus said
    Talk of many things
    Ship and shoes and sealing wax
    Of cabbages and kings"

    Just One Lifetime - Sting, Shaggy

  8. #383
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,023

    Default

    "Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,
    Honey, lay off of my shoes
    Don't you step on my Blue suede shoes.
    You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes."

    Blue Suede Shoes by Elvis Presley
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  9. #384
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    20,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,
    Honey, lay off of my shoes
    Don't you step on my Blue suede shoes.
    You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes."

    Blue Suede Shoes by Elvis Presley
    "Tell us what you're gonna do tonight to mama
    There must be someplace you can go
    In the middle of the tall drinks and the drama
    There must be someone you know

    God knows, you're lookin' good enough
    But you're so smooth and the world's so rough
    You might have somethin' to lose
    Oh, no, pretty mama
    What you gonna do in those shoes?"

    ---Those Shoes by The Eagles
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  10. #385
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    "Smooth like the summer (smooth like the summer)
    Smooth like the summer, uh huh
    Go on and groove like a mother with your backseat love
    We're tearing clothes off each other all night
    And keeping it smooth like the summer
    Smooth like the summer, uh huh
    Smooth like the summer, uh huh"

    Smooth Like the Summer, Thomas Rhett
    Last edited by foxley; 02-26-2020 at 02:09 AM.

  11. #386
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    20,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    "Smooth like the summer (smooth like the summer)
    Smooth like the summer, uh huh
    Go on and groove like a mother with your backseat love
    We're tearing clothes off each other all night
    And keeping it smooth like the summer
    Smooth like the summer, uh huh
    Smooth like the summer, uh huh"

    Smooth Like the Summer, Thomas Rhett
    "Nobody on the road
    Nobody on the beach
    I feel it in the air
    The summer's out of reach
    Empty lake, empty streets
    The Sun goes down alone
    I'm driving by your house
    Though I know you're not home

    But I can see you
    Your brown skin shining in the Sun
    You got your hair combed back and your
    Sunglasses on baby
    I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
    After the boys of summer have gone"

    ---The Boys of Summer by Don Henley
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  12. #387
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    "Nobody on the road
    Nobody on the beach
    I feel it in the air
    The summer's out of reach
    Empty lake, empty streets
    The Sun goes down alone
    I'm driving by your house
    Though I know you're not home

    But I can see you
    Your brown skin shining in the Sun
    You got your hair combed back and your
    Sunglasses on baby
    I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
    After the boys of summer have gone"

    ---The Boys of Summer by Don Henley
    "Why do you trip at the colour of my skin
    And whether I'm fat or whether I'm thin
    You call me loser, you call me a fool
    I ain't got a choice, I gotta go to school
    I wish I had an angel to stick by my side
    I'm shaking with fear, I'm so scared inside
    Doesn't really matter if I ain't got the looks
    Why do you always hurt me and destroy my books?"

    Hopeful, Bars and Melody

  13. #388
    Impulsive Nschornhorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley
    "Why do you trip at the colour of my skin
    And whether I'm fat or whether I'm thin
    You call me loser, you call me a fool
    I ain't got a choice, I gotta go to school
    I wish I had an angel to stick by my side
    I'm shaking with fear, I'm so scared inside
    Doesn't really matter if I ain't got the looks
    Why do you always hurt me and destroy my books?"

    Hopeful, Bars and Melody
    I'm Popeye th' Sailor Man,
    I'm Popeye th' Sailor Man,
    I'm strong to th' fin'ichk
    'Cuz I eats me spinachk,
    I'm Popeye th' Sailor Man!

    I'm one tough gazookas
    Whut hates all palookas
    That ain't on th' up an' square,
    I biffs an' I buffs 'em
    An' always outroughs 'em
    An' none of 'em gets nowhere.

    If anyone dasses t'risk me fisks,
    It's 'BOFF' an' it's 'WHAM,' un'nerstand?
    So keep good behavior, that's your one lifesaver,
    With Popeye th' Sailor Man.

    Toot, toot.

    Popeye the Sailor Man theme song
    Last edited by Nschornhorst; 02-26-2020 at 03:44 AM.

  14. #389
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,023

    Default

    "He's a real nowhere man
    Sitting in his nowhere land
    Making all his nowhere plans for nobody"

    Nowhere Man by The Beatles
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  15. #390
    Impulsive Nschornhorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "He's a real nowhere man
    Sitting in his nowhere land
    Making all his nowhere plans for nobody"

    Nowhere Man by The Beatles
    Here's a story
    Of a lovely lady
    Who was bringing up three very lovely girls.
    All of them had hair of gold,
    Like their mother.
    The youngest one in curls.

    It's a story
    Of a man named Brady
    Who was busy with three boys of his own.
    They were four men
    Living all together,
    But they were all alone.

    'Til the one day when the lady met this fella
    And they knew it was much more than a hunch.
    That this group would somehow form a family.
    That's the way we all became the Brady Bunch.

    The Brady Bunch
    The Brady Bunch
    That's the way we became the Brady Bunch

    Brady Bunch theme song

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •