Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 747
  1. #271
    Mighty Member Javasaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Made in heaven, made in heaven
    It was all meant to be, yeah
    Made in heaven, made in heaven
    That's what everybody says
    Wait and see, it was really meant to be
    So plain to see
    Yeah, everybody, everybody, everybody tells me so
    Yes it was plain to see, yes it was meant to be
    Written in the stars
    Written in the stars

    Made in Heaven by Queen
    "Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
    Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
    Everybody knows the war is over
    Everybody knows the good guys lost
    Everybody knows the fight was fixed
    The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
    That's how it goes
    Everybody knows"

    "Everybody Knows"
    Leonard Cohen
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

    Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

  2. #272
    Impulsive Nschornhorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    "Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
    Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
    Everybody knows the war is over
    Everybody knows the good guys lost
    Everybody knows the fight was fixed
    The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
    That's how it goes
    Everybody knows"

    "Everybody Knows"
    Leonard Cohen
    I admit that in the past, I've been a nasty.
    They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch.
    But you'll find that nowadays
    I've mended all my ways
    Repented, seen the light, and made a switch.
    True? Yes...

    And I fortunately know a little magic,
    It's a talent that I always have possessed.
    And here lately, please don't laugh
    I use it on behalf
    Of the miserable, lonely, and depressed
    (Pathetic!)

    Poor, unfortunate souls!
    In pain, In need
    This one longing to be thinner, that one wants to get the girl...
    And do I help them?
    Yes indeed.

    Ursula/Pat Carroll/The Little Mermaid, Poor Unfortunate Souls

  3. #273
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    I admit that in the past, I've been a nasty.
    They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch.
    But you'll find that nowadays
    I've mended all my ways
    Repented, seen the light, and made a switch.
    True? Yes...

    And I fortunately know a little magic,
    It's a talent that I always have possessed.
    And here lately, please don't laugh
    I use it on behalf
    Of the miserable, lonely, and depressed
    (Pathetic!)

    Poor, unfortunate souls!
    In pain, In need
    This one longing to be thinner, that one wants to get the girl...
    And do I help them?
    Yes indeed.

    Ursula/Pat Carroll/The Little Mermaid, Poor Unfortunate Souls
    "I got a black magic woman
    Got me so blind I can't see
    That she's a black magic woman
    She's tryin' to make a devil out of me"

    Black Magic Woman, Satana

  4. #274
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    "I got a black magic woman
    Got me so blind I can't see
    That she's a black magic woman
    She's tryin' to make a devil out of me"

    Black Magic Woman, Satana
    I say you'll miss me
    And you always do
    I say you'll miss me
    Now would I lie to you

    Now there's no need to demand
    Grab my golden hand
    I'll teach you and you'll never be sure
    If the way that you need
    Is too much like greed
    Decide if you are rich or you're poor

    know you'll miss me
    I know you'll miss me
    I know you'll miss me blind

    Miss me Blind, Culture Club

  5. #275
    Impulsive Nschornhorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I say you'll miss me
    And you always do
    I say you'll miss me
    Now would I lie to you

    Now there's no need to demand
    Grab my golden hand
    I'll teach you and you'll never be sure
    If the way that you need
    Is too much like greed
    Decide if you are rich or you're poor

    know you'll miss me
    I know you'll miss me
    I know you'll miss me blind

    Miss me Blind, Culture Club
    Happiness, Miss Piggy!
    What finesse, Miss Piggy!
    All the world ever wanted was you
    A dream come true!
    Ahhhh, Miss Piggy it's you!

    The Great Muppet Caper, Miss Piggy Pageant Song

  6. #276
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Happiness, Miss Piggy!
    What finesse, Miss Piggy!
    All the world ever wanted was you
    A dream come true!
    Ahhhh, Miss Piggy it's you!

    The Great Muppet Caper, Miss Piggy Pageant Song
    "We out here drippin' in finesse
    It don't make no sense
    Out here drippin' in finesse
    You know it, you know it
    We out here drippin' in finesse
    It don't make no sense
    Out here drippin' in finesse
    You know it, you know it"

    Finesse, Bruno Mars

  7. #277
    Mighty Member Javasaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    "We out here drippin' in finesse
    It don't make no sense
    Out here drippin' in finesse
    You know it, you know it
    We out here drippin' in finesse
    It don't make no sense
    Out here drippin' in finesse
    You know it, you know it"

    Finesse, Bruno Mars
    "Walking around with your head in the clouds
    It makes no sense at all
    Sell yourself short, but you're walking so tall
    It makes no sense at all"

    "Makes No Sense at All"
    - Hüsker Dü
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

    Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

  8. #278
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    "Walking around with your head in the clouds
    It makes no sense at all
    Sell yourself short, but you're walking so tall
    It makes no sense at all"

    "Makes No Sense at All"
    - Hüsker Dü
    "Rows and floes of angel hair
    And ice cream castles in the air
    And feather canyons everywhere
    I've looked at clouds that way

    But now they only block the sun
    They rain and snow on everyone
    So many things I would have done
    But clouds got in my way"

    Both Sides Now, Joni Mitchell

  9. #279
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    "Rows and floes of angel hair
    And ice cream castles in the air
    And feather canyons everywhere
    I've looked at clouds that way

    But now they only block the sun
    They rain and snow on everyone
    So many things I would have done
    But clouds got in my way"

    Both Sides Now, Joni Mitchell
    Here comes the rain again
    Falling on my head like a memory
    Falling on my head like a new emotion
    I want to walk in the open wind
    I want to talk like lovers do
    I want to dive into your ocean
    Is it raining with you

    Here Comes The Rain Again, Eurythmics

  10. #280
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,030

    Default

    "In the ocean of emotion
    That continually swells
    Deep within I am a tempest
    Can you tell?"

    Feel It All, by Leslie Hudson, about Jean Grey as the Phoenix
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  11. #281
    Mighty Member Javasaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "In the ocean of emotion
    That continually swells
    Deep within I am a tempest
    Can you tell?"

    Feel It All, by Leslie Hudson, about Jean Grey as the Phoenix
    "I want that love, king of emotion
    Stronger than you and so much deeper than me
    I know that love is king of emotion
    King of emotion take a walk with me"

    King of Emotion,
    Big Country
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

    Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

  12. #282
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,030

    Default

    "Friday night and the lights are low
    Looking out for a place to go
    Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
    You come to look for a king"

    Dancing Queen by ABBA.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  13. #283
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    20,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "Friday night and the lights are low
    Looking out for a place to go
    Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
    You come to look for a king"

    Dancing Queen by ABBA.
    “She's a Killer Queen
    Gunpowder, gelatine
    Dynamite with a laser beam
    Guaranteed to blow your mind
    Anytime”

    —-Killer Queen by Queen
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  14. #284
    Mighty Member Javasaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    “She's a Killer Queen
    Gunpowder, gelatine
    Dynamite with a laser beam
    Guaranteed to blow your mind
    Anytime”

    —-Killer Queen by Queen
    "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
    It's not warm when she's away
    Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
    And she's always gone too long
    Anytime she goes away"

    "Ain't No Sunshine"
    Bill Withers
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

    Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

  15. #285
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
    It's not warm when she's away
    Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
    And she's always gone too long
    Anytime she goes away"

    "Ain't No Sunshine"
    Bill Withers
    "Oh, what a beauty! I've never seen one as big as that before!
    Oh, what a beauty! It must be two foot long or even more.
    Such a lovely colour, so nice and round and fat;
    I never thought a marrow could grow as big as that.
    Oh, what a beauty - I've never seen one as big as that before."

    The Marrow Song (Oh! What A Beauty), The Wurzels

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •