Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1435
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    "Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky"

    Imagine, John Lennon
    "But she chose to be good and go back to the gray Kansas sky
    Where color's a fable and freedom's a fairy tale lie."

    Wicked Girls by Seanan McGuire. If you get any chance to hear her sing it live, take it.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  2. #17
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "But she chose to be good and go back to the gray Kansas sky
    Where color's a fable and freedom's a fairy tale lie."

    Wicked Girls by Seanan McGuire. If you get any chance to hear her sing it live, take it.
    "Purple haze, all in my brain,
    lately things don't seem the same,
    acting funny, but I don't know why,
    'scuse me while I kiss the sky."

    Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix

    (I hope I did it right)
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  3. #18
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,937

    Default

    "But first, are you experienced?
    Have you ever been experienced?
    Well, I have"

    Jimi Hendrix
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "But first, are you experienced?
    Have you ever been experienced?
    Well, I have"

    Jimi Hendrix
    “There ain't nobody here but us chickens
    There ain't nobody here at all
    So calm yourself and stop that fuss
    There ain't nobody here but us"

    Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens, Tympany Five

  5. #20
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    “There ain't nobody here but us chickens
    There ain't nobody here at all
    So calm yourself and stop that fuss
    There ain't nobody here but us"

    Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens, Tympany Five
    "Nobody does it better
    Makes me feel sad for the rest
    Nobody does it half as good as you
    Baby, you're the best" - Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better - The Spy Who Loved Me
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #21
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Nobody does it better
    Makes me feel sad for the rest
    Nobody does it half as good as you
    Baby, you're the best" - Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better - The Spy Who Loved Me
    "Still, tomorrow's going to be another working day
    And I'm trying to get some rest
    That's all, I'm trying to get some rest"

    American Tune, Paul Simon
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,322

    Default

    Obsolete lyrics, 'cause Kirby101 was first ("While all the boys can keep you punks at bay
    No one does it better than the Birds of Prey")

    From Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

    Luckily, there are replacement lyrics: "For those who scare and terrorize
    It's the dawn of a brand new day"

    Last edited by kjn; 02-07-2020 at 07:28 AM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  8. #23
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,319

    Default

    see post below
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-07-2020 at 07:35 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #24
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Obsolete lyrics, 'cause Kirby101 was first ("While all the boys can keep you punks at bay
    No one does it better than the Birds of Prey")

    From Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

    Luckily, there are replacement lyrics: "For those who scare and terrorize
    It's the dawn of a brand new day"

    "Blue morning, blue day,
    won't you see things my way?
    Blue morning, can't you see,
    what your love has done to me?"

    Blue Morning, Blue Day by Foreigner
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    "Blue morning, blue day,
    won't you see things my way?
    Blue morning, can't you see,
    what your love has done to me?"

    Blue Morning, Blue Day by Foreigner
    "Morning has broken like the first morning
    Blackbird has spoken like the first bird"

    Morning Has Broken, Cat Stevens

  11. #26
    Impulsive Nschornhorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley
    "Morning has broken like the first morning
    Blackbird has spoken like the first bird"

    Morning Has Broken, Cat Stevens
    Morning in Ponyville shimmers
    Morning in Ponyville shines
    I know it's going to be perfect,
    Cuz everything is gonna be fine.

    --My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (s3 finale)
    Last edited by Nschornhorst; 02-07-2020 at 08:00 AM.

  12. #27
    Mighty Member Javasaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Morning in Ponyville shimmers
    Morning in Ponyville shines
    I know it's going to be perfect,
    Cuz everything is gonna be fine.

    --My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (s3 finale)
    It's the end of the world as we know it
    It's the end of the world as we know it
    It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

    It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - R.E.M.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

    Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

  13. #28
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Morning in Ponyville shimmers
    Morning in Ponyville shines
    I know it's going to be perfect,
    Cuz everything is gonna be fine.

    --My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (s3 finale)
    "I hate that I let you down
    And I feel so bad about it
    I guess karma comes back around
    'Cause now I'm the one that's hurting, yeah
    And I hate that I made you think
    That the trust we have is broken
    So don't tell me you can't forgive me
    'Cause nobody's perfect
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, nobody's perfect" - Jessie J - Nobody's Perfect
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,937

    Default

    "Instant Karma's gonna get you
    Gonna look you right in the face
    Better get yourself together darlin'
    Join the human race"

    Instant Karma, John Lennon
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  15. #30
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "Instant Karma's gonna get you
    Gonna look you right in the face
    Better get yourself together darlin'
    Join the human race"

    Instant Karma, John Lennon
    "Standing in the dock at Southampton,
    Trying to get to Holland or France,
    The man in the mac said,
    You've got to go back,
    You know they didn't even give us a chance,

    Christ you know it ain't easy,
    You know how hard it can be,
    The way things are going,
    They're going to crucify me"

    The Ballad of John and Yoko by The Beatles
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •