Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    One of the first thing I learned on sociology is that a chinese kid being raised on Mexico, won't be chinese it will be mexican. They will speak spanish and live like a mexican. Unless there is a big chinese culture bubble, but even that the kid will ended up with lots of mexican culture ingrained on him.

Other day a girl told that she was adopted by her chinese step father, he even took her into China to meet his relatives there.

People often go far beyong genes to form relationships
    Yes, but that chinese boy who speaks like a mexican, has the culture of a mexican and is in fact a Mexican, will continue to suffer racism due to his asian origins. You can be part of several cultures at once.

Franklin may decide not to be an active part of the mutant culture. That will not make when the Purifiers or the Sentinels knock on his door they will make an exception.
    Last edited by Glio; 02-05-2020 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED

The book felt like it hit all the obligatory notes and beats such a story entails but it felt like something rehashed somewhat. Doom's entrance was reminiscent of his appearance in the original FF vs X series. It would be fun to see a jackass magneto contending him unlike then. Charles wasn't there for the first rodeo so it's curious how mucb his inclusion will be here. Rachael also should be putting in a appearance before the series winds up given days of future present. it would be interesting if Krakoa could provide a cure for what ails Franklin if Reed fails to come up with something and should have been the hook used by the X-Men to convince the FF to allow him to accompany them and they should have been included in the invitation but then we couldn't have gotten the obligatory super tussling between the teams.

Btw, I would have liked to see Franklin break his nose on the gate like Kate. For the drama of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Btw, I would have liked to see Franklin break his nose on the gate like Kate. For the drama of it all.
    I have found it more interesting than if you are human you simply go through it.

Kitty's problem has to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    How? There's plenty of reason to be worried about Krakoa and the X-Men are acting very, very differently than they normally would. On top of that, just shutting themselves away is shown in Moira's futures not to really work.
    what does that have to do with the Richards family?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I have found it more interesting than if you are human you simply go through it.

Kitty's problem has to be different.
    Actually, this is a good point. I think this is one of the biggest take aways if we're looking for more Krakoan clues in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Reed and Sue remind me of rich celebrities who adopt children from exotic places as if they were collectables.
    In this case? How so? Franklin is their biological child first and a mutant second. Regardless of what Charles may think now and what Erik has always thought, they don't get to call dibs on someone just because they share the same generic mutation. They didn't make that life. The parents did.

They're not taking anyone from an exotic place, they're keeping their son from going to an exotic (and dangerous) place without their consent or supervision.

Mighty Member

Reed and Sue remind me of rich celebrities who adopt children from exotic places as if they were collectables.
    Erik and Charles fit the bill more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Franklin should take a selfie with •-[A]-• and send it to dad.
    Absolutely this.

P.S. Considering that mutants are often attacked wherever they go, it made sense to me to have such a large group for this trip. You never know when a Sentinel will pop up, yall!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

bad part is I can see this ������������ let make this a what if story y’all

BANNED

So that escalated EXTREMELY FAST.

This was a Good issue, but damn. Not one cool head to actually talk. Nothing but small jabs at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Actually, this is a good point. I think this is one of the biggest take aways if we're looking for more Krakoan clues in this series.
    The implication is that Krakoa is BLOCKING Kitty. It is not simply that she cannot pass through, it is that Krakoa prevents it.

Extraordinary Member

what does that have to do with the Richards family?
    It's all fishy. It's all very, very fish. Sue snd Reed have done this stuff for years. And Reed knows Xavier, he knows that there's something Charles isn't telling anyone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The implication is that Krakoa is BLOCKING Kitty. It is not simply that she cannot pass through, it is that Krakoa prevents it.
    Or someone is controlling the island.

Is Emma or Iceman in this?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/