Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah I like Youngblood's Disease....but uh what is it?
    Symptoms of Youngblood's Disease include having deformed proportions, possibly overshadowed by excess muscle, prosthetic induced deformities like metal arms, shoulder pads everywhere, whitened eyes, and a constant look of constipation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Reed & Sue come off as parents who’ve adopted a child but refuse to let that child engage in their culture. And this isn’t anything new, it’s been like this since Xavier first wanted Franklin at the school.

Journey, I don’t think the constant Holocaust analogies are as connective as you think they are.
    Funny thing is that shortly before it was established that Franklin was a mutant, there was an FF issue about a reality-altering toddler who is sent to Xavier's by the FF posthaste for his own safety.

Children, gather 'round the fire as we remember Heroes:Reborn!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That part of humans will hate him all his life and will try to kill him for simply existing. That has the possibility of being immortal and not just "not getting old."

To get started.
    The fact that he can be a target for bigots? A security problem.

The possibility of being immortal? A possibility.

Do all of these things create a identity crisis? He is a boy of people integrated in the society. You don't throw that easily to became a pariah… even if you are in a teenage rebel phase…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Good issue. The costumes we’re boggling, and Kitty was nothing like her marauders self, but I enjoyed it, for the most part.. Only big issue I had was everyone flying off the handle (mostly Sue and Erik) when things didn’t go their way. It also could have used a “this takes place before Marauder #whatever and FF #whatever”

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Good issue. The costumes we’re boggling, and Kitty was nothing like her marauders self
    Must be why I liked her this time around.

She was so sweet to Franklin, not making him pick any side.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Children, gather 'round the fire as we remember Heroes:Reborn!

They look terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The fact that he can be a target for bigots? A security problem.

The possibility of being immortal? A possibility.

Do all of these things create a identity crisis? He is a boy of people integrated in the society. You don't throw that easily to became a pariah… even if you are in a teenage rebel phase…
    He is a boy integrated into ONE society. Maybe he wants to investigate what it's like to be part of another.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    They look terrible
    Youngblood's Disease was a horrible plague.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Agreed.

EXACTLY, that's why that whole discussion went the way it did. I believe that Sue Richards would not have gotten so violent if Magneto wasn't talking to Franklin because that's REALLY what set her off. In her mind she believes Magneto wants her kid....which he does. But it didn't help things for Sue to freak out and put him in a Force Field then Reed getting mad because Pro.X accused his wife of being violent which she is.

Storm and Kitty is ALL they need for this conversation.
    Reed is right they obviously have an ulterior motive, but their motive is simply keeping Mutants Safe and figure out why he's losing his powers. But same time Pro.X is right too clearly Reed Richards and probably Sue don't really care for Mutants WANTING to have a better life. I mean Magneto said it correctly if people found out Franklin was a mutant ALL HELL would break loose.

I don't think Daken would be a good suggestion for a talk like this....IMO
    I think Daken is less likely to throw punches than say Logan or Magneto. Without even putting his pheromones in the situation, he is close with the family and especially Johnny. While Reed & Sue are playing the role of protective parents and Ben is kind of middling, Johnny straight up doesn’t have any reason to trust what the mutants are doing. By hearing it from someone he trusts (COUGHandlovesCOUGH), I think he’d be more willing to listen and place that important decision in Franklin’s hands.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    When he was saving everyone on Yancy Street during War of the Realms, he had a monologue about how he was a god and that he is better than all other gods.

During the early issues of the run, he didn't have this attitude.

So forgive me if I don't have much hope for this pretender god to be anything more than a self-absorbed piece of ****.
    Weird read on that. In the context that his father refused to help his problem, he’s chalk full of hormones, and in his POV is depleting his power to save Yancy Street, his monologue was more emotional than selfish godsplaining. Then again, it’s a Slott comic so emotional resonance can only go so far without nosediving into cheesiness.

BANNED

I think Daken is less likely to throw punches than say Logan or Magneto. Without even putting his pheromones in the situation, he is close with the family and especially Johnny. While Reed & Sue are playing the role of protective parents and Ben is kind of middling, Johnny straight up doesn’t have any reason to trust what the mutants are doing. By hearing it from someone he trusts (COUGHandlovesCOUGH), I think he’d be more willing to listen and place that important decision in Franklin’s hands.
    Honestly, Ben seems to be the only one that gets it or can understand what Franklin is going through. But Johnny does have mutant friends he can trust he has Storm he has Iceman he has Rogue etc. I mean these people are really good friends with Johnny.

Mighty Member

Weird read on that. In the context that his father refused to help his problem, he’s chalk full of hormones, and in his POV is depleting his power to save Yancy Street, his monologue was more emotional than selfish godsplaining. Then again, it’s a Slott comic so emotional resonance can only go so far without nosediving into cheesiness.
    Emotional resonance in a Slott comic is like trying to find the blue in the Polish flag.

He declared himself the god who makes sacrifices and that giving up what makes him special over all other gods when the Valkyries were almost 100% wiped out during War of the Realms. For all I care, Mephisto can have "God" here.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Magneto and Xavier are way too quick to adopt the role of parental guardians. They need to go to therapy first.

But I seriously think two things can be true. Are Mags and Prof doing this with some hidden motive? Probably. Do they seriously believe what they’re preaching to Reed and Sue? Absolutely. This is the same Xavier who treated Cyclops, basically his son, like a soldier in an army. Magneto... isn’t dad of the year, either. These two husbands have valid points but definitely shouldn’t have been the ones to go after Franklin nor talk to Sue & Reed, also very odd parents. I think the team should’ve been:

Wolverine (Laura), Red Queen, Daken, Storm, Pixie, Artie, and Leech.

All members who have close connection with the FF family.

Franklin definitely has more empathy than that.

I mean, there is a prejudice in everyone, but some are definitely more dangerous than others. Some prejudices perpetuate stereotypes that harm and even kill black people. For context, the county I grew up in (same one the bookstore was in) not only is majority black, but there’s never been robbery or theft that took place there.
    Well damn, sorry for your experience. That person has some issues for still thinking like that in that context. As cautiously optimistic as I sound, I don't believe everyone can be helped. This person might be too ignorant. As are all the people that can only react with hate and violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Funny thing is that shortly before it was established that Franklin was a mutant, there was an FF issue about a reality-altering toddler who is sent to Xavier's by the FF posthaste for his own safety.
    Oh to be Grunt and a young child with an incredibly fragile psyche because of constant fear of being killed or hunted down by anti-mutant bigots. I bet by the end of this, Reed’ll probably turn around and consult the Council of Reeds on what the hell is going on with Krakoa.

Honestly, Ben seems to be the only one that gets it or can understand what Franklin is going through. But Johnny does have mutant friends he can trust he has Storm he has Iceman he has Rogue etc. I mean these people are really good friends with Johnny.
    I definitely agree on Rogue. Actually, yeah why didn’t they bring her? Unless this was when she was in a magic coma.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Agreed.

EXACTLY, that's why that whole discussion went the way it did. I believe that Sue Richards would not have gotten so violent if Magneto wasn't talking to Franklin because that's REALLY what set her off. In her mind she believes Magneto wants her kid....which he does. But it didn't help things for Sue to freak out and put him in a Force Field then Reed getting mad because Pro.X accused his wife of being violent which she is.

Storm and Kitty is ALL they need for this conversation.
    Reed is right they obviously have an ulterior motive, but their motive is simply keeping Mutants Safe and figure out why he's losing his powers. But same time Pro.X is right too clearly Reed Richards and probably Sue don't really care for Mutants WANTING to have a better life. I mean Magneto said it correctly if people found out Franklin was a mutant ALL HELL would break loose.

I don't think Daken would be a good suggestion for a talk like this....IMO
    It's public knowledge that Franklin is a mutant...