Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The nuclear family will never recover from Storm's wind! We must protect that fragile, but lucky, way of life from the big mean mutants.
    SGD, be serious. Would you be comfortable with strangers showing up at your door and interfering with your parental rights?
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 02-06-2020 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Wrong acronym
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I don't think he would have attempted to run through the portal if they spoke to him about it. I completely understand his parents putting their foot down and saying that he absolutely will not live there as the mutants are suggesting, but everyone was speaking/yelling for him and he wanted to get away from it.

Is he immature/impulsive in the FF books much? I don't read them so I'm curious if he's overall a disgruntled teen or pretty chill.
    My friends who read the FF books are telling me that no, he isn't quite this immature or impulsive. He has been stressing out about his powers fading for a while though.

They also asked me if Kitty was the only X-men supposed to be remotely likable, and why was Wolverine acting in the complete opposite way he used to act during Schism.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I read that twitter thread and I respect the passion behind it, but that to me was misdirected anger that probably stemmed from some really heavy **** the writer is dealing with in his personal life.
    I think the same. FF situation is not really comparable to what the writer wanted to express

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    My friends who read the FF books are telling me that no, he isn't quite this immature or impulsive. He has been stressing out about his powers fading for a while though.

They also asked me if Kitty was the only X-men supposed to be remotely likable, and why was Wolverine acting in the complete opposite way he used to act during Schism.
    Now that you said, Wolverine really turned 180 from schism. It's not like he lives a normal life as FF, but Franklin has a better life than being a X-mena and he should get to decide when he become a adult
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-06-2020 at 07:46 PM.

STD, be serious. Would you be comfortable with strangers showing up at your door and interfering with your parental rights?
    Strangers, no. The X-men, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Ok cool because he didn't really feel immature or impulsive to me (I borrowed "handsome"'s words), just looking to escape the madness. It's understandable he's stressed about his whole ordeal.

I agree! Logan popping his claws and growling threats was odd to me.

But I'm enjoying the show and feel for Franklin the most.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Strangers, no. The X-men, heck yes.
    But the implication is: You're not doing a good job and you'll never be enough because you're only human. But there's nothing to suggest limiting his company exclusively to mutants would do anything for Franklin. All they have is that Island. He's better traveled and more sophisticated than 99.9% of their population. We know exactly what they gain from his presence, but what would being a Krakoan do for him?

Storm was a member of the FF alongside Johnny. They considered her fam. She still blew Johnny away with a sneak attack for the high crime of yelling at his blood nephew. A guy who considers her a friend. But apparently now, for Storm, the politics of mutation outweigh friendly bonds and shared experiences and are justification enough to bring violence into a situation she had no business interceding in. "Step away from that mutant, he has diplomatic immunity!"
    I agree to an extent but I also think this is a bit of a stretch. Yeah her wind blast may have been a little uncalled for but I think it was more protective of Kate & Franklin vs the pushing the Krakoan agenda. I still feel that both the FF and X-Men felt OOC in this opening issue.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 02-06-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

But the implication is: You're not doing a good job and you'll never be enough because you're only human. But there's nothing that suggest limiting his company exclusively to mutants would do anything for Franklin. All they have is that Island. He's better traveled and more sophisticated than 99.9% of their population. We know exactly what they gain from his presence, but what would being a Krakoan do for him?
    Kitty showed Franklin how close he would be to his parents. He wouldn't be exclusively with mutants but he would actually get to see and interact with some. If I did what Reed did, then the implication that I'm not doing a good job would be the right one.

Kitty showed Franklin how close he would be to his parents. He wouldn't be exclusively with mutants but he would actually get to see and interact with some. If I did what Reed did, then the implication that I'm not doing a good job would be the right one.
    Ouuuuch. Touché.

Ouuuuch. Touché.
    Was there a "zinger" or a "burn" I'm missing in my own post?

Was there a "zinger" or a "burn" I'm missing in my own post?
    Just acknowledging your point. I'm not pedantic.

Anyway, have we talked about Sue implying that mutants needing a safe place away from the humans repeatedly trying to end them is segregation? Lordy.

This thread only has 52 pages.

Mighty Member

Anyway, have we talked about Sue implying that mutants needing a safe place away from the humans repeatedly trying to end them is segregation? Lordy.
    Considering Krakoa is supposed to be Post-Holocaust Jews starting up Israel ...

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Considering Krakoa is supposed to be Post-Holocaust Jews starting up Israel ...
    With gates literally all over the world that mutants can freely walk in and out of.

With gates literally all over the world that mutants can freely walk in and out of.
    That have been established as almost never having mutants walk out.

I'm surprised the gates aren't considered a huge national security concern in pretty much every country