Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Well, there’s been a dramatic drop in times Namor has drowned New York since Reed turned his eyes from the blindingly obvious
    isnt he like waging a war of agression agaist the surface world for months now?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's still canon. he even murdered Susan Storm in this story. defend that Sue fans.
    Why are you picking fights with Sue fans?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Yes, but those are Atlantis-based wars of aggression, not thirst-based ones

Mighty Member

A lot of that has to do with Xavier and Military aggression against his people though.

Namor's not done a preemptive to a city in a while and not for dumb reasons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Yes, but those are Atlantis-based wars of aggression, not thirst-based ones
    the phoenix makes everyone horny tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    As we saw in Doom's solo series, he doesn't even need his armor to fight off Blue Marvel.
    the book wasn't canceled yet? i haven't heard anything about it. usually my LCS recommends the good stuff to customers.

are just that good. And now he's got Mistress Death to save him from any consequences...
    he needed Mistress Death to bail him out. because he *snicker* got killed by the Taskmaster.

Thanos got jilted again .
    i'll forgive you for not knowing anything about characters who aren't doom. but you should really read more Thanos. Thanos rejected "her." Hela begged for his attention. and he gave it to her. that led to Death trying to make Thanos jealous by seducing his son. and that went exactly as expected. no more Thanos' son.

although one wonders what she wants in return. Cantwell hasn't addressed that yet
    the solicits implied that Death is at her weakest and most desperate. so she has found some company for her misery. it's like when an average looking person befriends an uglier person to feel better about themselves.

BANNED

he almost killed some random refugees in atlatis attacks last month. And his excuse is very bad.
    Namor : You stole a monster from me , give me back.
    Amadeus: We will but first we must find a way to do it without destroying this new city portal city , otherwise people all the jobs and the new economy that has been created here would flop and a lot of lives would be ruined . Also some refugees are using this city as a home. And.. your monster was free killing people when he was captured.
    Namor: Yeah I dont really care about him but its mine, I will flood this place and all the blame is yours for infuriate me

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Why are you picking fights with Sue fans?
    all i did was point out that Doom killed her. you've already said that you didn't agree with Valeria being so cozy with Doom. i don't see a fight.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

when written consistently, Doom only acts in Doom's interests. when he defends other people he's really just claiming them as property ex. the latverians or valeria (who he used to magically spy on the fantastic four before sending them all to hell).
    I'll be honest with you. Mark Waid's and Miller's Dooms are horrible, and counter to his development. Hickman actually wanted to evolve the character.

The fact that everything ultimately reverts and prior character development can be ignored or retconned is a major reason why people would rather get into manga, than comics. You get a consistent story, with consistent character development and characterization. That's why, as interesting as Hickman's new X-Men status quo is, people are put off by the characterizations. Magneto talking the way he's been since HoX/PoX, while cool at times, is off for people who read his recent solo, for instance.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 02-06-2020 at 06:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I'll be honest with you. Mark Waid's Doom is horrible, and counter to his development. Hickman actually wanted to evolve the character.

The fact that everything ultimately reverts and prior character development can be ignored or retconned is a major reason why people would rather get into manga, than comics. You get a consistent story, with consistent character development and characterization. That's why, as interesting as Hickman's new X-Men status quo is, people are put off by the characterizations. Magneto talking the way he's been since HoX/PoX, while cool at times, is off for people who read his recent solo, for instance.
    the solo had continuation in uncanny x-men and x-men blue where his characther changed, its more your fault for not reading everything cause at the end of x-men blue magneto was back in brotherhood mode, same writer all the way trough

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'm sorry... what?

Sinister did not build his Database for mutant kind. Xavier tabled him a deal and he was like "Sure, why not." while promptly going behind Xavier's back (tohugh to be fair Xavier did try to psychic whammy him).

This is really conflating what Sinister does and for who. In the list of Terrible people, Sinister is right at the top with almost no exception. That man is almost Red Skull levels of evil.
    not even. Sinister is pushing the boundaries of science because he's generally interested in scientific discovery. the Red Skull, by his own account, is doing evil for reasons of sadism. he enjoys seeing good be destroyed. Sinister is not that dude. i can't even think of a time when he directly attacked the X-men. it's always been the other way around. if he's a the bad guy, then what is Gambit? what is Beast?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

it's still canon. he even murdered Susan Storm in this story. defend that Sue fans.
    Is it canon? Is anything in comics really canon? Miller, Waid and Slott write Doom like it's still the 60s.

all i did was point out that Doom killed her. you've already said that you didn't agree with Valeria being so cozy with Doom. i don't see a fight.
    You said "defend that Sue fans". Which I guess is from the discussion you had with two posters. I don't think they are Sue fans, one even said so.

Is it canon? Is anything in comics really canon? Miller, Waid and Slott write Doom like it's still the 60s.
    It was a Sue from an alternate future.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-06-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'll be honest with you. Mark Waid's and Miller's Dooms are horrible, and counter to his development. Hickman actually wanted to evolve the character.

while i enjoyed the ride, he was basically a serial killer in his solo series.

Hickman doctor Doom was good, bendis infamous was good too.

Status quo is god on comics, they even reverse a 23 years dead character

People comparing doom to Sinister and Apocalypse haha. Doom is a lot more trustable then these 2 villains.
    Also Sue and Richards had no alternative with Valeria