Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It's not often we see that side of Charles. Hopefully next issue is better.
    Sue would have ragdoll'd him. Telepathy doesn't work on Sue when her shield is up.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Sue would have ragdoll'd him. Telepathy doesn't work on Sue when her shield is up.
    Emma's did. Her powers are very unclear and we do not know about that. Charles was pretty sure to be able to make her stop and got Reed worried about it, so I think he could. (Still weird for Xavier to threaten Sue tho, but everyone was weird here)

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Emma's did. Her powers are very unclear and we do not know about that. Charles was pretty sure to be able to make her stop and got Reed worried about it, so I think he could. (Still weird for Xavier to threaten Sue tho, but everyone was weird here)
    Not weird at all. Charles is a little to libertine with his casual invasions of people's minds, and we got the rare call out warning him to avoid trying that. Remember, Charles is so manipulative and untrustworthy he makes Civil War Reed look like a boy scout. It's very clear that Krakoa's goal is mutant survival, with everything else (including the respect of your peers) being expendable.

Incredible Member

The X-men just come off as huge assholes here and ever since Hickman took over. No idea what his long game is but he’s made the X-men unreadable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    The X-men just come off as huge assholes here and ever since Hickman took over. No idea what his long game is but he’s made the X-men unreadable for me.
    He's writing them like you'd expect any group of long-abused people would behave upon founding their own nation, a safe place away from endless hatred: Pride and Defiance to the world at large. If it wasn't for Moira's revelations, I wouldn't be surprised if they just chose to be like Attilan and severely reduce contact with outsiders.

Incredible Member

He’s not writing them like the X-men have EVER been written before. I get some of you like that but I think it’s ****. He’s not writing the X-men. He’s writing the Hick-men and I find them completely unenjoyable. I thought this mini mind be fun because the FF are a good family book and have, for the most part had a good relationship with the X-men historically, but this was ****. The X-men are just a bunch of ******* supremacists now. If that’s how any group who has been oppressed would act then they learned nothing and are doomed to become what they hated. Congrats, we’ve established a never ending cycle of shittiness.

Reed violated his son's bodily autonomy but the X-men aren't acting respectable enough *eye roll*

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Reed violated his son's bodily autonomy but the X-men aren't acting respectable enough *eye roll*
    he didn't. He just assured tha this son wouldn't go to a place filled with villains

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he didn't. He just assured tha this son wouldn't go to a place filled with villains
    Wouldn't want Franklin picking up their attitude! He'd probably get the Legacy virus anyway.

No contact with mutants until he's 18. We need more people to think about the children and modify their genetics to change what their bodies can do without them knowing.

This is foolishness. The X-Men, instead of just sending Kitty and offering the family a day tour through Krakoa and leaving the family to have a discussion about it they... show up with a Krakaon strike team capable of dropping countless Sentinels. In a residential area surrounded by powerless humans. And once invited into Sue's home one of these "gentleman" proceeds to bellow mutant supremacist garbage and flat out says he considers everything non-mutant beneath him. The other "gentleman", instead of refuting any of that, just reaffirms the mutant supremacist's ideas and demands the family give up their son to join his "real family".

These aren't the X-Men, this was Krakoa. We need to keep making that distinction because it's important. These fools started wrong and ended wrong. Reed's actions (which are a direct result of Cyclops' prior threatening conversation) are overprotective, but understandable. What the Krakoans did here was the whole 'actions speak louder than words'. They do not respect the world around them, and the contempt dripping from their words was intentional from the writer. Which is yet another reason why Sue and Reed were correct in their response: Why would parents let their son go with armed strangers who consider the family's species beneath them?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load
    He’s not writing them like the X-men have EVER been written before. I get some of you like that but I think it’s ****. He’s not writing the X-men. He’s writing the Hick-men and I find them completely unenjoyable. I thought this mini mind be fun because the FF are a good family book and have, for the most part had a good relationship with the X-men historically, but this was ****. The X-men are just a bunch of ******* supremacists now. If that’s how any group who has been oppressed would act then they learned nothing and are doomed to become what they hated. Congrats, we’ve established a never ending cycle of shittiness.
    Well, unfortunately abused people often go on to become abusers themselves. Cycles of violence and abuse, and it takes a lot of work to break 'em. But I thought people would get used to the Krakoans speaking like this. We've seen this since HoX/PoX, and remember people being shocked how Storm spoke about humans in X-Men #1? This is unlikely to get better. There is no in-universe force motivating them to soften their stance.
    Last edited by Metal Sphere; 02-06-2020 at 06:51 PM.

So here is why Franklin won't end up on Krakoa:

1) The timeline, this is before Kitty went full-on pirate with the tats and the booze and being chummy with Frost and messing with Shaw and of course, got sent to Davy Jones Locker.

2) Valeria, they are a package deal, she has his back. Now they can't tell her she can't come because that is a deal-breaker, and if she does come you can bet she will snoop around because that is how she is and she will find out something she shouldn't and will get caught and someone will try to do something stupid to her and that will bring not just the F4 but also Doom and that is when Krakoa gets fucked. Doom can and will bring down the wrath of God on them and you can say all you want about Apocalypse, Exodus, and Magneto but what are the odds Doom doesn't already have multiple contingencies for them at his beck and call?

3) Who the X-men are associating with, the F4 was already weary of then thanks to the incident with Sabertooth, Mystique, and Toad so why would they entrust their son to the likes of Sinister and Apocalypse? I know I know "b-but w-what about Doom?". Doom is either a horrifying monster made flesh or an honorable Anti-Villain depending on who writes him, but if they have to pick between him and the others they will go with Doom. ****, I wouldn't even let the current Hank McCoy near that kid with the way he is acting.

4) His powers, let's say they restore him to full strength, there is one glaring issue there...HE IS A PRECOG!!! Moira made it clear, no precogs ever. You think Xavier and Mags will cross her to get that boy and she will take it lying down? Fat chance I say. And let's say they find a way to take out that aspect of his power, you think Reed and Sue won't have him checked out his whiny objections be dammed? I would and between Reed and Valeria, they would find any alterations to him.

5) 4 issues don't seem enough to have such a grandiose thing as him joining Krakoa, so no dice there.

6) Reed knows there is some hidden agenda going on, why would he support his son being near people with a hidden agenda?

7) Mutants may be his people, but the F4 are his family. Reed screws up sometimes, Sue goes overprotective, Johnny and Valeria are enablers and Ben is the voice of Reason but at the end of it all, they love him and care for him and will be there for him. Xavier and Magneto? They just see a tool to use, that speech did not do them any favors, they just came off as assholes and you can't tell me that scene with Cyclops where Xavier goes "Reed did teh job for us" didn't come off as a supervillain moment? I mean all he needed was an evil laugh to top it off.

It never ceases to amaze me when X-men fans act like they've never read an X-men comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Doom was a member of the Future Foundation.

*insert something about the villains on Reed's side of Civil War here*

Wouldn't want Franklin picking up their attitude! He'd probably get the Legacy virus anyway.

No contact with mutants until he's 18. We need more people to think about the children and modify their genetics to change what their bodies can do without them knowing.
    Yes because Krakoa has done wonders for Shogo now didn't it? Oh, wait he got stuck on a mission to a magical realm that altered him into a fire breading dragon that took part in a huge battle where he could have been hurt or killed all because the team got played by Apocalypse who is now elbow deep in the guts of a sorceress. Yes truly Fraklin should go there without his parent's blessing, what could possibly go wrong I ask?