Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the intention was to give Kitty time to make her case. it's not the fault of the mutants that non mutant "heroes" are so eager to address every perceived slight with violence. they have learned from humans very well.
    The intention was to rile the F4 up and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Then why not just send her and Storm? Just send a message and meet over coffee and talk it over.
    They wanted Franklin to decide on his own. They planned on Sue getting violent and maybe even Reed pulling out a gadget to prevent his son from going. Charles may have even seen this telepathically and let it play itself out. Now Franklin hates his parents at the moment and is super curious. In the end, everyone can say it was Franklin's choice.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Then why not just send her and Storm? Just send a message and meet over coffee and talk it over.
    This.

This is pretty much my point. Xavier went there with the intention of fighting and riling the F4 up. Dirty, creepy, wrong but definitely an effective tactic because he got what he wanted the way he usually always does with his Jedi level manipulation techniques. Xavier has gotten so good at controlling individuals that he doesn’t even need his powers to do so anymore lol.

If he wanted to talk peacefully he could have come with Kitty alone to talk. Sue responded the way I think any mother would
    In that situation. Unfortunately she took the bait...

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This.

This is pretty much my point. Xavier went there with the intention of fighting and riling the F4 up. Dirty, creepy, wrong but definitely an effective tactic because he got what he wanted the way he usually always does with his Jedi level manipulation techniques. Xavier has gotten so good at controlling individuals that he doesn’t even need his powers to do so anymore lol.

If he wanted to talk peacefully he could have come with Kitty alone to talk. Sue responded the way I think any mother would
    In that situation. Unfortunately she took the bait...
    AND, it's more comic book-y fun this way than them chatting over coffee.

I'm rooting against the X-Men. Maybe Doom can kill a couple of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I still think they want to help him for a more specific reason. He's going to be needed when Arakko's demon bus reaches the human world.
    Then why not just ask the Fantastic Four for their help rather than engaging in manipulation and clandestine subterfuge?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    AND, it's more comic book-y fun this way than them chatting over coffee.
    Totally agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    He can kill them all he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Then why not just ask the Fantastic Four for their help rather than engaging in manipulation and clandestine subterfuge?
    Because comic books. It's more fun this way!

Has Xavier always been this douche baggish? I know his always had a touch of that in him and definitely has manipulative tendencies. It just seems like it’s been taken up a few notches with this current run. I don’t remember me ever disliking him as much as I do at the moment lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    What will that do at this point?
    Because he is an ******* and he bas already decided that superheroes are the natural enemies of mutantkind.

Hey, the Fantastic Four fell for it. Let's see how it unfolds because I'm sure they'll get the upper hand in the next issue or 2. It's team vs team miniseries law.
    Last edited by JB; 02-07-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Has Xavier always been this douche baggish? I know his always had a touch of that in him and definitely has manipulative tendencies. It just seems like it’s been taken up a few notches with this current run. I don’t remember me ever disliking him as much as I do at the moment lol.
    No, it's quite unusual for him.
    He has done amoral things before but not that openly and not without feeling at least a bit guilty about doing it and regretting not being able to do differently.

I liked him, maybe the movies helped me to do it too, but I don't like him in this run. There is the helmet too that cut the link.
    Last edited by Zelena; 02-07-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.
    I'm sure Zdarsky, who writes an AWESOME Daredevil, could have come up with a much better, uncontrived plot point to get Reed and Sue to listen to what Xavier had to say...instead of going the trite and cliche "hero vs hero" schtick that quite frankly paints a very bad picture of Xavier and Crew if the intent was to manipulate Franklin and the Richards into doing what he wanted in the first place.
    As comic book-y fun as that is...it just does not make sense, even by comic book-y standards.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    I'm sure Zdarsky, who writes an AWESOME Daredevil, could have come up with a much better, uncontrived plot point to get Reed and Sue to listen to what Xavier had to say...instead of going the trite and cliche "hero vs hero" schtick that quite frankly paints a very bad picture of Xavier and Crew if the intent was to manipulate Franklin and the Richards into doing what he wanted in the first place.
    As comic book-y fun as that is...it just does not make sense, even by comic book-y standards.
    I just don't think Xavier wanted them to "understand." He wanted them to be mad and unreasonable.

Even if he did trust humans, Xavier wouldn't want Reed to come along. Reed would want to be a part of the experiments, he would want to maybe even share parts of his research and he would expect them to share with him.xavier doesn't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    The thing is we don't know what Moira knows yet. I'm starting to think perhaps it has to happen this way. Maybe Franklin decides at the end of this that he wants to live on Krakoa and he gets the full support and blessing from his parents through whatever series of events happen (Franklin and Val hiding out on Kate's ship). I thought Reed and Sue's last panels here were powerful and kind of foreshadowed something. I could be completely wrong but as you said, Chip is a great writer and with Hickman steering the X-ship, I think there's a lot more going on than what's shown on the surface.

EDIT: I'm completely shooting in the dark here but I'm starting to think the problem with Franklin's powers is coming from within. Perhaps he has to have this "coming of age" journey, like being brave enough to hide out on the Marauder, to ground his identity and poof, his powers are back to normal without needing the help of Krakoa. Or some such fantasy BS.
    Last edited by JB; 02-07-2020 at 04:01 PM.