Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Funny I even admit that Reed and Sue despite making some mistakes are right. No one can take their children away without their consent.

Unfortunately during AvX most Avengers defenders seemed to disagree since Cyclops and Utopia were practically Hope's family and home, yet that didn't stop the Avengers from trying to take her by force.
    I was on the X-Men's side for most of AvX. I tend to be on their side a lot. Which is why this particular book was painful to read xD

Honestly, I'm not even sure if I'm on their side with the concept of Krakoa as a whole. I'm so incredibly back and forth. It's a good idea but there's something about it that just feels so... sinister

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Reed was wrong and everyone called him out on that, but Sue's reaction is understandable. You don't go to someones house and claim their kid, especially if you're the duo behind the Onslaught mess. I wouldn't have let them pass the threshold.
    I really don’t feel that they came to “ Claim” the boy I do feel they came to have a discussion about the future of karoka and Franklin but of course middle age white woman aka “mamma bear” over reacts and throws the first stone and hide they’re hands yet again
    35281B58-CE70-4185-910A-5D5ED07A2E3F.jpg 98D6AB56-9372-4F4F-B803-3FC65B2955FE.jpg
    Last edited by Shankarma1; 02-05-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    I really don’t feel that they came to “ Claim” the boy I do feel they came to have a discussion about the future of karoka and Franklin but of course middle age white woman aka “mamma bear” over reacts and throws the first stone and hide they’re hands yet again
    They went with all fighters. If they were having a conversation they would bring Kitty, storm, Jean, Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Good book. Magneto/ Xavier and Reed/Susan flaws are played up a little too much to make drama happen. It is official now Magneto is the worst ambassador in the world bring him to any meeting is a set up for failure he is just going to pick fight and even if you are to pick a fight he is going to over do it.

Other than that book was pretty good and pointing out issues with Krakoa and shining a light on FF mutant problem. What is FF mutant problem you ask well Sue and Reed are those are basically those well intention black parents who raise their kid to not understand the actually world they living in and when the kid has to live without Mom and Dad around or have to interact based on their race the kid is total unprepared for it. As bad Xavier and Magneto look pushing their secret agenda,Reed and Sue look just as bad with what I will call being naive. In real world that black kid gets pulled over by racist cop and is total unprepared for a cop to mistreat him because he is black, In Marvel it is Franklin is a mutant and how much they try to raise him like a normal kid, Sentinels are going to come crash through your door at some point and this book touched on that subtly.

Also I said in the other thread this whole situation is being overplayed drama

A. The book overlooked the point when Franklin becuase coughcoughOnslaughtcoughcough put them in pocket reality and he was chill with Gen X. If there is anybody who the FF should trust with Franklin is the people who took care him some when you were unable to do that.

B. There is no reason for Franklin to have to stay on the island he can be given a portal, There is no reason FF should be super protective of Franklin spending time with other mutants they freaking like Alex Power and Dragon Man in charge of watching a group of minors after a dangerous godlike entity attack them. Franklin jump to Krakoa and back leisurely wouldn't be a big deal compare to that.

Magneto and Xavier are made too much into moustache twirly idiots, When a simple campus tour with Richards family on Krakoa and giving Franklin easy access to Krakoa accomplishes what they wanted. This is still good interesting stuff but too achieve drama Xavier who made a living convincing parents to let him take their child was super pushy and Richards who aren't that hostile was amped to 11 but their anger did make sense as parent.
    does anyone really believe that this won't end with Franklin simply being able to come and go to Krakoa via a portal they give him? is there really any other way to resolve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    told you that they were going to have Magneto job to show Sue's strength.
    I think she is simply more powerful than him. Aren't her powers cosmic or something

35281B58-CE70-4185-910A-5D5ED07A2E3F.jpg 98D6AB56-9372-4F4F-B803-3FC65B2955FE.jpg
    They made it pretty clear they weren't about to leave without him. Everything from that "birthright and diplomatic immunity" BS to the condescending tone from both Erik and Xavier showed that they clearly did not know how to handle the situation. They did everything they possibly could to ensure that they'd be catching hands from Sue. She didn't overreact. She acted like a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I kinda didn`t like it.
    I am completely on F4 side as parents in this situation. I wouldn`t trust Xavier here either.

X-Men felt forced here and not logical. Who the hell is taking Magneto and Wolverine to a peaceful mission? It felt like a provocation.

Xavier and Kitty should have come together to invite Franklin. No other X characters were needed. It should have been just a peaceful invitation so Franklin can come and see what Krakoa is whenever he wants. Not more than this.

For me X-Men were just a stupid kidnappers here.
    Agree with everything.

X-men are coming looking really bad here. Just because Frankling has a mutant gene doesn't make x-men right to claim him.
    This is some fascist rethoric

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They went with all fighters. If they were having a conversation they would bring Kitty, storm, Jean, Charles.
    Yeah, bringing in Magneto was a terrible choice

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Yes he's a minor.

His powers fading does not require him to stay on Krakoa. They could easily work with Reed to fix it.

He hasn't been to war. How is rebuilding the multiverse akin to war or exploiting him? Plus they are worlds HE made, why would there be a problem with him and Val taking a trip in them?
    i assumed that you were reading the title? are you saying that they haven't come into conflict with anyone or anything in the multiverse? i don't subscribe. but i was under the impression that Franklin has been moping about having to use his powers to save the day, specifically, because he loses a bit of that power every time.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yeah, bringing in Magneto was a terrible choice
    Erik and Logan both. What kind of message does that send when you show up, uninvited, with Wolverine and Magneto standing behind you, and try to take someone's kid? This probably would have gone WAY differently had he just brought Kitty and Ororo with him. Or at least set up a video call or something first lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Erik and Logan both. What kind of message does that send when you show up, uninvited, with Wolverine and Magneto standing behind you, and try to take someone's kid? This probably would have gone WAY differently had he just brought Kitty and Ororo with him.
    Logan is best friends with Power Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think she is simply more powerful than him. Aren't her powers cosmic or something
    that's possible. but that doesn't mean that he wasn't nerfed. the story dictates that she be depicted as powerful enough to protect her entire family.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-05-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Not to be overly cynical, but we are sure Erik and Charles don’t want Franklin’s power to say, sever the tether between 616 and Moira’s life?

It wasn't a discussion, they pretended it was but they came to tell them he was going to Krakoa. They were there to tell Sue and Reed Franklin is going to Krakoa. The point of this book is that both sides are choosing for Franklin, which is wrong. But his parents feelings on the situation is understandable. What has her being white got to do with anything?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Logan is best friends with Power Pack.
    he also plays cards regularly with Ben Grimm.