Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    But then they wouldn’t have had a classic superhero misunderstanding battle. That’s just not how things are done around here.
    True...often these stories are disturbingly reminiscent of a Three's Company Script.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Right on! Plus you know anywhere mutants go a Sentinel shows up. You need firepower!
    I actually kind of think Sue started to manhandle Magneto because she was so hyped up waiting for the inevitable fight to kick off that she jumped the gun, like a false start in athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Why is that any teenager's job? It's selfish and doesn't consider just how dangerous that pressure on the kid would be, especially given just what Charles wants him for.
    I still think they want to help him for a more specific reason. He's going to be needed when Arakko's demon bus reaches the human world.
    Last edited by JB; 02-07-2020 at 11:46 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I actually kind of think Sue started to manhandle Magneto because she was so hyped up waiting for the inevitable fight to kick off that she jumped the gun, like a false start in athletics.
    I wanna know what happened with the group while Kate and Frank slipped out the walls. Like was Erik tumbling around in the air for a while in Sue's scrubbing bubble?

I still think they want to help him for a more specific reason. He's going to be needed when Arakko's demon bus reaches the human world.
    Maybe, it's Franklin, the threat…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Maybe, it's Franklin, the threat…
    This is interesting. Could be. Or they might have a specific threat in mind that they think Franklin might solve...very little faith anymore that they want Franklin for his sake.

Honestly as someone mentioned earlier this seems like it was intentionally set up by Xavier. He could have just as easily shown up with himself, Cyclops and Kitty. Instead he chose to show up with a fully loaded squad and Magneto on top of that. I know we are all on this Krakoa trip at the moment but Magneto is still considered a villain by most of the Marvel universe. If Xavier wanted to talk this badly there were other ways to do it.

In typical manipulative Xavier fashion, he got the outcome he was looking for.....
    Last edited by RD155; 02-07-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Sue was definitely on edge from the start. Motherly instinct kicked in full gear.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I know we are all on this Krakoa trip at the moment but Magneto is still considered a villain by most of the Marvel universe. If Xavier wanted to talk this badly there were other ways to do it.
    Magneto hasn’t been a villain to the larger MU in years.

Agreed with Sue. I can’t understand why some people would have any issue with how she reacted.
    he's real simple. the X-men even mentioned that the Fantastic Four choosing to live in that neighborhood would end with the destruction of the neighborhood by the FF's enemies. so how do the FF respond? they start brawling. Sue's certainly powerful. but she's not...responsible.

This entire situation would have gone much smoother had Xavier not went about it the way he did. There was no need to come
    Fully armed the way he did if his intention was to just talk. Also, there wasn’t much reason to have Magneto there either just to drill into the Parents of Franklin how superior they are compared to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

Do you not see the issue with the statement you put forward?
    lol I meant *unsolved problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Why is that any teenager's job? It's selfish and doesn't consider just how dangerous that pressure on the kid would be, especially given just what Charles wants him for.
    Annnnd what is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he's real simple. the X-men even mentioned that the Fantastic Four choosing to live in that neighborhood would end with the destruction of the neighborhood by the FF's enemies. so how do the FF respond? they start brawling. Sue's certainly powerful. but she's not...responsible.
    Lol I noticed that to...
    Reed was like:
    "Our presence here is the Zenith in safety for our progeny as well as the...."

"SUE SMAAAAASH!!!"
    GrindrStone(D)

This entire situation would have gone much smoother had Xavier not went about it the way he did. There was no need to come
    Fully armed the way he did if his intention was to just talk. Also, there wasn’t much reason to have Magneto there either just to drill into the Parents of Franklin how superior they are compared to them.
    They knew what they were doing. Get the Fam riled up so Kitty looked and sounded saintly sane to Franklin. It's why they wanted Kitty to come along. The Fam walked right into it. Outsmarted by the mutants.

Last edited by JB; 02-07-2020 at 01:18 PM.

people need to read the story more closely. specifically focus on the last panel involving Charles and Erik. they make it kind of obvious that the plan was to get the parents to overreact so Franklin would act rebelliously. the X-Men didn't harm anyone. they just made a good show of it. Magneto didn't need to toss cars at Sue's already erect force field. he could have used the metal beneath the street to attack them. this was all distraction so Kitty would have time to play good cop.

They knew what they were doing. Get the Fam riled up so Kitty looked and sounded saintly sane to Franklin. It's why they wanted Kitty to come along. The Fam walked right into it. Outsmarted by the mutants.
    No doubt about it. Xavier and company took advantage of the family being protective of Franklin.

Xavier manipulation at its finest...lol