Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    people need to read the story more closely. specifically focus on the last panel involving Charles and Erik. they make it kind of obvious that the plan was to get the parents to overreact so Franklin would act rebelliously. the X-Men didn't harm anyone. they just made a good show of it. Magneto didn't need to toss cars at Sue's already erect force field. he could have used the metal beneath the street to attack them. this was all distraction so Kitty would have time to play good cop.
    100 percent this.

The other mutants were present to run interference when the Fam tried to interrupt Franklin and Kitty's alone time. Franklin now thinks his parents are super uncool. It played out perfectly.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

people need to read the story more closely. specifically focus on the last panel involving Charles and Erik. they make it kind of obvious that the plan was to get the parents to overreact so Franklin would act rebelliously. the X-Men didn't harm anyone. they just made a good show of it. Magneto didn't need to toss cars at Sue's already erect force field. he could have used the metal beneath the street to attack them. this was all distraction so Kitty would have time to play good cop.
    But that’s exactly my point.

The intention of Xavier and Magneto was to start a fight. Get the parents of a child to overreact to what they might perceive as a threat to their child. Not exactly a heroic action by Xavier and company, but definitely an effective one to get what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Xavier manipulation at its finest...lol
    Bah, men do it to women all the time. Get them worked up then the woman feels guilty for throwing the pot of boiling water at the man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I still think they want to help him for a more specific reason. He's going to be needed when Arakko's demon bus reaches the human world.
    So why does Charles want Franklin? Why does he want all of the mutants on Krakoa?

In the case of Franklin, he's worried about how his depleting powers could spell doom for other mutants. And let's remember, he and Moira are basically planning to turn mutant consciousness and power into a huge database to fight the impending robot apocalypse.

Actually helping Franklin isn't the goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Magneto hasn’t been a villain to the larger MU in years.
    Let's compare Magneto to other reformed villains.

Unlike other reformed villains, he doesn't try and join other teams, he is pretty stand-offish, and still keeps mutant-surmremacy as a end goal. Compare him to, let's say, Loki, who may make lots of mistakes, but you can sort of hang around him and sort of trust that he's trying for the greater good. Same with Galactus and even Deadpool and...I can't think of anyone else right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So why does Charles want Franklin?
    I'm not sure yet but it came to mind when Reed accused Charles of having a timetable. He's probably right and I don't think it's necessarily because Charles is nervous about other mutants losing their powers. Seems there's more here but not sure yet. As for why he wants all mutants on Krakoa, I'm guessing that's what Moira told him because she feels that's the only way for them to survive.

But we know there are secrets between all of them. It's so yummy!

EDIT: And as Michael Watkins references above, Xavier later says to Scott, "I suspect we no longer have to approach young Franklin. Rather, he will approach us".

FF got punk'd.
    Last edited by JB; 02-07-2020 at 01:36 PM.

I'm not sure yet but it came to mind when Reed accused Charles of having a timetable. He's probably right and I don't think it's necessarily because Charles is nervous about other mutants losing their powers. Seems there's more here but not sure yet. As for why he wants all mutants on Krakoa, I'm guessing that's what Moira told him because she feels that's the only way for them to survive.

But we know there are secrets between all of them. It's so yummy!

EDIT: And as Michael Watkins references above, Xavier later says to Scott, "I suspect we no longer have to approach young Franklin. Rather, he will approach us".

FF got punk'd.
    Other than the fact that he's an Omega, I think they might want Franklin because he's been able to live "outside" our universe or the multiverse in general. And those Dominion things can do the same, if they plan on taking on them in the future he might be the only one with enough power to stop them.

Erik the decoy in Peggy Sue's bubble while Kitty makes Franklin a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Other than the fact that he's an Omega, I think they might want Franklin because he's been able to live "outside" our universe or the multiverse in general. And those Dominion things can do the same, if they plan on taking on them in the future he might be the only one with enough power to stop them.
    Ooooh! I like this. We all know Hickman has a hand in everything X right now. Makes sense.

Erik the decoy in Peggy Sue's bubble while Kitty makes Franklin a man.

X.X I'm dead

Charles, get me out this Bubble.
    Wait a second, dear, I'll talk to them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Charles, get me out this Bubble.
    Wait a second, dear, I'll talk to them about it.
    Let me finish my tea first, honey.

Bah, men do it to women all the time. Get them worked up then the woman feels guilty for throwing the pot of boiling water at the man.
    ok, Amber Heard. j/k

Quote Originally Posted by michael watkins View Post
    ok, amber heard. J/k
    hahahahahah ahhhhh!!!

In all seriousness, I was taking into consideration what the other posters were saying about the mutants acting so aggressively and I agreed that they were acting odd - Storm being cold to Ben, Logan popping his claws, Erik throwing cars with stolen license plates.

So I read it again and was like OHHHHHH! It was a setup. Bait the fam, Franklin's embarrassed, Kitty gets him to leave, the mutants run interference, Reed and Sue overdo it, Franklin is now curious. It's pretty brilliant.
    Last edited by JB; 02-07-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    But that’s exactly my point.

The intention of Xavier and Magneto was to start a fight.
    the intention was to give Kitty time to make her case. it's not the fault of the mutants that non mutant "heroes" are so eager to address every perceived slight with violence. they have learned from humans very well.

Xavier doesn't need mind control to psychologically manipulate and abuse people. Cyclops wouldn't be half the mess he is if Xavier hadn't poked and prodded him for half his life.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Xavier doesn't need mind control to psychologically manipulate and abuse people. Cyclops wouldn't be half the mess he is if Xavier hadn't poked and prodded him for half his life.
    Charles is a sneaky @%$* but he's our sneaky @%$*. It definitely fits with some of his past actions.

Extraordinary Member

the intention was to give Kitty time to make her case. it's not the fault of the mutants that non mutant "heroes" are so eager to address every perceived slight with violence. they have learned from humans very well.
    Then why not just send her and Storm? Just send a message and meet over coffee and talk it over.