Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Good book. Magneto/ Xavier and Reed/Susan flaws are played up a little too much to make drama happen. It is official now Magneto is the worst ambassador in the world bring him to any meeting is a set up for failure he is just going to pick fight and even if you are to pick a fight he is going to over do it.

Other than that book was pretty good and pointing out issues with Krakoa and shining a light on FF mutant problem. What is FF mutant problem you ask well Sue and Reed are those are basically those well intention black parents who raise their kid to not understand the actually world they living in and when the kid has to live without Mom and Dad around or have to interact based on their race the kid is total unprepared for it. As bad Xavier and Magneto look pushing their secret agenda,Reed and Sue look just as bad with what I will call being naive. In real world that black kid gets pulled over by racist cop and is total unprepared for a cop to mistreat him because he is black, In Marvel it is Franklin is a mutant and how much they try to raise him like a normal kid, Sentinels are going to come crash through your door at some point and this book touched on that subtly.

Also I said in the other thread this whole situation is being overplayed drama

A. The book overlooked the point when Franklin becuase coughcoughOnslaughtcoughcough put them in pocket reality and he was chill with Gen X. If there is anybody who the FF should trust with Franklin is the people who took care him some when you were unable to do that.

B. There is no reason for Franklin to have to stay on the island he can be given a portal, There is no reason FF should be super protective of Franklin spending time with other mutants they freaking like Alex Power and Dragon Man in charge of watching a group of minors after a dangerous godlike entity attack them. Franklin jump to Krakoa and back leisurely wouldn't be a big deal compare to that.

Magneto and Xavier are made too much into moustache twirly idiots, When a simple campus tour with Richards family on Krakoa and giving Franklin easy access to Krakoa accomplishes what they wanted. This is still good interesting stuff but too achieve drama Xavier who made a living convincing parents to let him take their child was super pushy and Richards who aren't that hostile was amped to 11 but their anger did make sense as parent.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-05-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    And I still affirm I have never seen Storm being well written since Claremont. Nothing new here[/B].
    I thought this was the best Storm in a while! But that just shows how badly the others have been doing recently.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Well time to score the points:

FF

Bad: Seriously putting mutant gene inhibitors on your son without his permission Reed? As much as parents want to protect their children you sometimes need to let them make their own mistakes even if it leaves strong marks on them for good or for bad. Even though Reed's intention was good, what he did with Franklin was completely wrong in many ways and as we saw the more we tried to hold something against her will the more we drove her away from us.
    I'm just happy that his team rightfully called him out on it. That's what saved it for me. Nobody was even entertaining the idea that what he did was right.

Now can someone on the mutant side call Charles and Erik out too?

The only thing I can think of that they might need Franklin that Proteus or Monarch can't do is if they somehow want to combine Franklin's powers with Moira.

For everything that is not reality warping of multiversal scale, they are well served.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Unfortunatelly I am not a writer so I doubt I can do better. Just a customer who like product or dislike it.
    Yeah, it's not up to the reader to solve it, just react to it. I was agreeing with you.

I thought it was pretty boring, by the numbers book. The Dodson art gave me PTSD to when Fraction was writing. I don't think I'll be picking up anymore of the issues.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Amazing Member

Sue needs to get knocked down a peg or two to show who got the real power she was capping a lot in this issue and her husband the main one doing wrong ugggh the fantastic for this whole issue made look at them sideways

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    Sue needs to get knocked down a peg or two to show who got the real power she was capping a lot in this issue and her husband the main one doing wrong ugggh the fantastic for this whole issue made look at them sideways
    I kinda loved that she had Magneto bent over like that. They did try to take her baby away from her. I'm not mad.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Nah. The X-Men were the wrong ones here. You don't just show up on someone's doorstep and lay claim to their child. Reed went WAY overboard (as he tends to do) with the mutant inhibitor but up until that point, he and Sue were acting just like how any good parent would act.

...How I wish Superman and Lois acted when something similar happened.....

Reed was wrong and everyone called him out on that, but Sue's reaction is understandable. You don't go to someones house and claim their kid, especially if you're the duo behind the Onslaught mess. I wouldn't have let them pass the threshold.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm just happy that his team rightfully called him out on it. That's what saved it for me. Nobody was even entertaining the idea that what he did was right.

Now can someone on the mutant side call Charles and Erik out too?
    Kitty has already shown that she would support the boy regardless of Xavier's will and I suspect that this is true for most X-men. Many seem to think that the X-mens look like a bunch of mental slaves who support everything Xavier has ordered since Krakoa was created but we have seen that this is not true many times. There is a difference when they act as agents in Krakoa and another when they act as individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I kinda loved that she had Magneto bent over like that. They did try to take her baby away from her. I'm not mad.
    She was right. Sue is a mama bear

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Kitty has already shown that she would support the boy regardless of Xavier's will and I suspect that this is true for most X-men. Many seem to think that the X-mens look like a bunch of mental slaves who support everything Xavier has ordered since Krakoa was created but we have seen that this is not true many times. There is a difference when they act as agents in Krakoa and another when they act as individuals.
    Kitty was the only one here who acted like it. And if anyone were to pull them to rug for how they behaved, it would be her.

Everyone else, though, just looked like hired muscle for Charles and Erik. Which is a shame given Storm's relationship with the F4. She would have actually been more helpful on the diplomatic side than Erik, who honestly should have sat this out.

Funny I even admit that Reed and Sue despite making some mistakes are right. No one can take their children away without their consent.

Unfortunately during AvX most Avengers defenders seemed to disagree since Cyclops and Utopia were practically Hope's family and home, yet that didn't stop the Avengers from trying to take her by force.

told you that they were going to have Magneto job to show Sue's strength.