Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed it would be nice to see more of Storm as Leader. In the last Marauders issue there were some changes made on the Quiet Council and she was sitting beside Magneto and Xavier I don`t know , maybe this means She will have a little more leadership initiative on future stories.

I agree that mind manipulation from Emma and Charles will come back later to haunt them imo, I just hope the rest of the X-men survive and learn from the experience, I don`t know if this is a fall of grace story for the X-men or Charles will be shown to have become evil, like the maker, or controlled by Nova. I hope if isn`t the case because that has happened a lot in the past. It would be nice to see some old fashioned "learn from your mistakes and take responsibility of your actions" for the heros instead of being left off the hook by possesion, same case with Beast on X-Force.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-08-2020 at 08:33 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

You boys and girls have been very very busy discussing and arguing! I've seen a lot of points covered that I wanted to mention myself so I won't rehash them, but I'll throw in this bit. A couple of posts asked how Sue fares against telepathy. From Marvel.com's Invisible Woman page:
    Invisible Woman can project and manipulate near-indestructible invisible force fields, making her a more effective combatant. She can generate these force fields physically and psionically around herself and other targets; within an object, which she can expand to cause explosions or within a target’s body to render people unconscious or induce more serious physical distress; and vary the texture and tensile strength, rigid for defense and soft for to cushioning impacts. She is also capable of generating and manipulating multiple psionic force fields simultaneously.

She is also able to shield her mind from some types of telepathic intrusion or influence, detect and locate nearby people or objects using an invisible force that pulses out from her body as radar, and can track psionic energy sources over great distances or snare and redirect psionic energies active in her general vicinity.
    Of all the FF characters, Sue is the one whose powers have the most significant psionic component. Johnny's ability to manipulate external flames and absorb heat is also psionic, but his self flaming powers are physiological. Ben and Reed's powers are obviously physiological. So while neither a telepath or telekinetic, she does tap psionic energy, and has resistance but immunity to telepathy.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thing is, the X-men aren't acting more lawfully, despite creating a country that ostensibly has to conform to international law. One of their first orders of business was setting up a black market trade system, and they currently have at least 3 paramilitary forces operating outside the law and working as black ops outfits. Marauders alone have committed multiple acts of war. Their action there would weirdly make more sense if they were still just an advocacy organization. As the armed forces of an actual country they should be international pariahs.

I don't think they'll make Charles an actual villain. He will likely still be seen as one by fans, but they're trying to make things morally grey. In my opinion they are failing hard, but I know I'm in the minority here. Charles is, and has always been, one of the 'I'm doing this for your own good' types, and that's what this scheme is likely to be about. The narrative isn't interested in telling stories about Storm, or even Cyclops. They are here doing what Charles, Magneto and Moira wants. So instead they show up acting in lockstep with what they want and barely even giving opinions on what's going on.

I WISH it was a story about learning and facing the consequences of your actions, and not letting people off the hook. But its predicated on letting some of the biggest monsters in the Marvel universe off the hook because they are useful, and the resurrections make it feel like there are no consequences anymore. I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words about that particular point
    Last edited by pkingdom; 02-08-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I love that Black Panther issue. Yes, let them talk out politics as fellow leaders, now that I think about it there has not been much talk about Latveria rejecting of accepting Krakoa`s offer. I am sure Victor will reject it but the talk alone between them would be really nice to see.

I am pretty sure he already called them "dilettantes and fools" on his mind many times over it`s one of the things you have to brace for when dealing with Doom Still I would like to see them go beyond the insults, that`s when things get more interesting. For example I would like to know why is Doom asking for Charles especifically since he knows Magneto is also with the X-men. I am not sure, but Zdarsky may be taking in consideration Magneto and Doom recent team up`s so Charles is more of an enigma for him, I could be wrong of course.

Oh, what's that panel from? I vaguely remember it...was it something from Original Sin maybe?

Yes, I would also like to know why Doom is asking for Charles. I was trying to come up with a story where they have met and the only one that comes to mind is Secret Wars. But there wasn't much interaction there. We know Doom can block out telepaths...he did that with Emma at the first meeting of Osborn's Cabal. But Charles might be a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh, what's that panel from? I vaguely remember it...was it something from Original Sin maybe?

Yes, I would also like to know why Doom is asking for Charles. I was trying to come up with a story where they have met and the only one that comes to mind is Secret Wars. But there wasn't much interaction there. We know Doom can block out telepaths...he did that with Emma at the first meeting of Osborn's Cabal. But Charles might be a different matter.
    It`s from the Axis crossover in the Magneto series by Cullen Bunn but that particular scene begun in the Loki series.

Yes Charles is a lot more sneaky than Emma he`s known as the best telepath in the world because of his hability given he was capable of fighthing Jean`s when she was using the Phoenix Force but I don`t know how a meeting between him and Doom will go, especially this new charles who has been acting very strange since he came back to life after dying during AvX, in the past Doom has mostly ignored him until now.

My guess is that Victor for some reason may know some of Xavier`s agenda/timetable Reed talked about in the first issue, that or he may want to know a little more about Krakoa and given Xavier is known as it`s main leader it makes sense for him to ask about him.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Ah, the Magneto series where he channeled the Punisher? I should have known because of the black and silver. Didn't Magneto put some device in his helmet to block Charles? I remember that weird story where Magneto and Doom used it to read each others thoughts . Probably Doom could whip up something like that, if he hasn't already.

Doom has always had pretty good intel on things. I wish they would show more of that kind of thing. He's a survivor and always manages to return to power whenever he chooses in Latveria. I imagine this story is a bit ahead of the timeline we are seeing in the Doom solo because he still has the Symkarian takeover to deal with.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-09-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Ah, the Magneto series where he channeled the Punisher? I should have known because of the black and silver.
    Yes, that series. He really did channel his inner punisher that time

Didn't Magneto put some device in his helmet to block Charles? I'm remember that weird story where Magneto and Doom used it to read each others thoughts . Probably Doom could whip up something like that, if he hasn't already.
    Depending on the writer Magneto has natural psychic defenses but yes that helmet was made to protect from telepaths even Jean recently used that device to fight Charles evil twin so my guess is that Doom kept it until it was neccesary.

Doom has always had pretty good intel on things. I wish they would show more of that kind of thing. He's a survivor and always manages to return to power whenever he chooses in Latveria. I imagine this story is a bit ahead of the timeline we are seeing in the Doom solo because he still has the Symkarian takeover to deal with.
    I agree, I don`t know why but given Krakoa`s recent use of mutant powers to keep mutants from dying it makes me remember "death" strange mission for Victor in his series, given solicits talked about the "destiny of an island" it would seem that island is Krakoa.

It`s from the Axis crossover in the Magneto series by Cullen Bunn but that particular scene begun in the Loki series.

Yes Charles is a lot more sneaky than Emma he`s known as the best telepath in the world because of his hability given he was capable of fighthing Jean`s when she was using the Phoenix Force but I don`t know how a meeting between him and Doom will go, especially this new charles who has been acting very strange since he came back to life after dying during AvX, in the past Doom has mostly ignored him until now.

My guess is that Victor for some reason may know some of Xavier`s agenda/timetable Reed talked about in the first issue, that or he may want to know a little more about Krakoa and given Xavier is known as it`s main leader it makes sense for him to ask about him.
    I don't think Charles is going to be able to get into Doom's mind out of all people. Neither are the Omegas. He's got tech and magic and TP has been blocked by tech alone in the past. I think that should Vic become an issue, Magneto and/or Magik would deal with him.

If they wanted Xavier to go full sneaky bitch with the FF, they'd have him do the same thing to them that he did to the Accolytes. Put a couple suggestions in their head while they sleep so that the battle is over before it starts of force fields are erected.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't think Charles is going to be able to get into Doom's mind out of all people. Neither are the Omegas. He's got tech and magic and TP has been blocked by tech alone in the past. I think that should Vic become an issue, Magneto and/or Magik would deal with him.
    Agreed, I don`t think he would even try given his tech could even hurt him. A fight with Magneto, Magik or both vs Doom would be interesting to see, especially now that she has been developing her magical skills.

If they wanted Xavier to go full sneaky bitch with the FF, they'd have him do the same thing to them that he did to the Accolytes. Put a couple suggestions in their head while they sleep so that the battle is over before it starts of force fields are erected.
    I forgot that completely, yes, he could do it, but I don`t know if he will dare, that pretty much would cut off his ties with the FF but this new charles doesn`t seem to mind that much it seems.

Yes, that series. He really did channel his inner punisher that time

Depending on the writer Magneto has natural psychic defenses but yes that helmet was made to protect from telepaths even Jean recently used that device to fight Charles evil twin so my guess is that Doom kept it until it was neccesary.

I agree, I don`t know why but given Krakoa`s recent use of mutant powers to keep mutants from dying it makes me remember "death" strange mission for Victor in his series, given solicits talked about the "destiny of an island" it would seem that island is Krakoa.
    Sometimes the promo text can be really off or downright wrong at times. But why call it the island of doom? kind of deceptive maybe

Oh, you mean the resurrection the Mistress Death gave him Doom when the Taskmaster assassinated him? I do wonder if she's going to make Doom unkillable if she plans to make him her servant somehow. I don't know how willing of a servant he will be even to her. He's developed some kind of lower level immunity even before that, possibly via mystic means. Amara shot him when he surprised her by appearing at her doorstep (Doom has the strangest romantic entanglements) He didn't have time to get it treated and was still able to hold off the Thing when he came crashing into her home. But it does seem like all villains escape death one way or another....except Egghead.

I really have to catch up on some reading because I am behind on the X-Men stuff. Normally not a fan but it's Hickman after all.

Agreed, I don`t think he would even try given his tech could even hurt him. A fight with Magneto, Magik or both vs Doom would be interesting to see, especially now that she has been developing her magical skills.

I forgot that completely, yes, he could do it, but I don`t know if he will dare, that pretty much would cut off his ties with the FF but this new charles doesn`t seem to mind that much it seems.
    Magik would be in for the fight of her life. Doom is Sorcerer Supreme level, having received training from Stephen himself. Plus he's taken instruction from Morgan, Caligostro and probably others via time travel when he needed more skills to go up against Mephisto. That's what alarms Strange alarms the most when he stepped down from the role of Sorcerer Supreme....that Doom's learned more of the dark arts than he has. His library of arcana is vast, as Reed found out first hand in Unthinkable and he's spent nearly a lifetime studying.

Sometimes the promo text can be really off or downright wrong at times. But why call it the island of doom? kind of deceptive maybe
    They are deceptive and sometimes wrong but the moment I read it I was like "oh no that`s Krakoa" because if they are building their culture around the idea of them no longer being able to die "island of doom" with Dr Doom visiting it after being given a mission by literal "death", seems like something that only could happen to Krakoa.

Oh, you mean the resurrection the Mistress Death gave him Doom when the Taskmaster assassinated him? I do wonder if she's going to make Doom unkillable if she plans to make him her servant somehow. I don't know how willing of a servant he will be even to her. He's developed some kind of lower level immunity even before that, possibly via mystic means. Amara shot him when he surprised her by appearing at her doorstep (Doom has the strangest romantic entanglements) He didn't have time to get it treated and was still able to hold off the Thing when he came crashing into her home. But it does seem like all villains escape death one way or another....except Egghead.
    He would never be anyone`s servant, he`s Doom after all but I can see her try to use him to deal with a situation that`s bothering her, for example, mutants no longer dying.

I really have to catch up on some reading because I am behind on the X-Men stuff. Normally not a fan but it's Hickman after all.
    I hope you do, it would be nice to see a fresh take on the story Hickman is building.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-09-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Magik would be in for the fight of her life. Doom is Sorcerer Supreme level, having received training from Stephen himself. Plus he's taken instruction from Morgan, Caligostro and probably others via time travel when he needed more skills to go up against Mephisto. That's what alarms Strange alarms the most when he stepped down from the role of Sorcerer Supreme....that Doom's learned more of the dark arts than he has. His library of arcana is vast, as Reed found out first hand in Unthinkable and he's spent nearly a lifetime studying.
    I seem to remember Magik was also one of the possible candidates, along with Wanda and Wiccan. Magik also received training from Doctor Strange and was thaught magic from Belasco, she has her own realm to rule called limbo and has time travel and teleportation mutant powers, She`s quite young but she knows a lot. At the very least it would be an interesting battle

Magik vs Doom would be a battle for the ages. I remember Mephisto being scared of the Soulsword.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Magik vs Doom would be a battle for the ages. I remember Mephisto being scared of the Soulsword.
    That would be epic. I'd like to see a Colossus vs Thing battle but I doubt that will happen.