Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    They are under the Fantastic Four umbrella right now and are exploring the Multiverse with the Future Foundation. They aren't on Krakoa.
    From Whitley's last issue on the Future Foundation, they should be back on Earth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So he does care about mutants after all!
    Kid Franklin threw himself at the Marauders with 1/1000000000000000 of the power he has now and the power of friendship.

Teen Franklin would check a list to see if the Marauders were worthy of his power per Incoming #1.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It's literally what Sue allows in or out of her fields. She needed Storm to have access to her powers in the scan, so she didn't impede her. If she clamped down, Storm wouldn't be able to affect anything outside of it. You think Magneto let Sue ragdoll him? He didn't get a say. Neither would Storm.
    I know how her powers work boo but that doesnt prove that her shield here wasnt skin tight to prevent dust and debris from getting into the shield. one could make an argument from either side but to say definitively sue allowed her powers to work across the shield you cant based upon this scan.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/akira1lov...57312476106752

I mean it’s not even subtext anymore, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/akira1lov...57312476106752

I mean it’s not even subtext anymore, right? Right?
    Errr what's the regular text??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I know how her powers work boo but that doesnt prove that her shield here wasnt skin tight to prevent dust and debris from getting into the shield. one could make an argument from either side but to say definitively sue allowed her powers to work across the shield you cant based upon this scan.
    Agreed. Plus this was the first time Storm and Sue met each other. I don't see how she would know how Storm's powers work to make this assumption.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Errr what's the regular text??
    Charles and Erik are married

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. Plus this was the first time Storm and Sue met each other. I don't see how she would know how Storm's powers work to make this assumption.
    exactly and another great point!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Man, this issue was juicy. People upset at how Charles and Erik are written here really shouldn't be. This is consistent with their behavior since HoX #1. Finally someone other than Namor in-universe is picking up on the stench of skeeze that is coming off of Charles Xavier, and props to Reed for calling telepathy what it actually is. Sue's reaction was completely acceptable (and she's a mama bear besides). Some of these people are people she's known for years. However, since the founding of Krakoa they've been militantly aggressive in their communications with the world, something the family would've seen. Their interaction with Cyclops was also abrasive and unapologetic as well, especially since it came with the demand that their son join his "family". This type of terminology, equating a non-familial group as having bonds as close a family is one creepy groups use.

With that context in mind, imagine a group of mutants descending on your residential area with the collective power to wreck a thousand Sentinels. Clearly a show of force. And these people come into your home, demanding your son, your flesh-and-blood that you birthed and raised for a decade+. To come home to his family, with the implication that you'll be forced to accept their terms. All while, in your own home, a white-clad blowhard declares mutant supremacy and that your species is beneath his group. Sue's response was perfect.

Reed was also very much in character, doing absolutely potato-level stupid moves with high tech for someone else's supposed benefit. Without their consent of course, that's the Reed Richards way. I'm interested to see where this goes, and I like the writer didn't pull any punches about how suspect some Krakoan behavior and statements are.

I'd rather not imagine that. That's how you get Reed "Ultra Unethical Man" Richards coming up with things to destroy you.
    Oh definitely. That's how you get Maker level things. Though honestly I'm not sure who is scarier, him or Sue. And hell, Doom would probably get involved too. He loves the kids, and loves Sue, and if they're in danger he'll flip out.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    Franklin does not belong to Krakoa or the Fantastic Four, his destiny is beyond them as seen in history of the marvel universe
    You mean the part were the Immortal Hulk kills him and becomes the last being standing at the end of teh Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Oh definitely. That's how you get Maker level things. Though honestly I'm not sure who is scarier, him or Sue. And hell, Doom would probably get involved too. He loves the kids, and loves Sue, and if they're in danger he'll flip out.
    No, I think it is when he is calm and calculating is when you know he is about to own you on multiple levels. I personally I want to see Apocalypse appear before him and then Doom takes a look at him just as he did to Thanos before he lays him out and calls out the next challenger.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I didn't side with the X-men this issue at all. I feel that Sue's actions were completely justified. The whole set up reminded me of AvX. Instead of Cap asking for Hope, it's the X-men asking for Franklin.

I hope the later issues portray the X-men in a more heroic manner. I guess that's what Doom is for.
    Pretty much. And A v X at least had the excuse of everyone being jumpy because of the Phoenix Force. This is just Magento and Xavier feeling entitled to Franklin's power.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Pretty much. And A v X at least had the excuse of everyone being jumpy because of the Phoenix Force. This is just Magento and Xavier feeling entitled to Franklin's power.
    omg something worse than avx I didnt think it would happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    No, I think it is when he is calm and calculating is when you know he is about to own you on multiple levels. I personally I want to see Apocalypse appear before him and then Doom takes a look at him just as he did to Thanos before he lays him out and calls out the next challenger.
    Too bad he doesn’t have the power of a bunch of Beyonders and he’d probably get squashed like a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I didn't side with the X-men this issue at all. I feel that Sue's actions were completely justified. The whole set up reminded me of AvX. Instead of Cap asking for Hope, it's the X-men asking for Franklin.

I hope the later issues portray the X-men in a more heroic manner. I guess that's what Doom is for.
    What actions were justified attacking people in conversation? The X-men didn't come to take away Franklin against his parents will,They came to try get their parents permission, they actually brought people who FF are friendly with like Storm,Kitty,Iceman and Wolverine. Sue acted understably but Sue Storm actions weren't "justified" it was simple matter of saying get out of "my house" not attacking people because she can't control her emotions.

This was nothing like AvX, X-men didn't have contingency plan to take Franklin if his parent said no, The Marauder crew(Pyro,Bishop) was there on scene because of Kitty being unable to use the portals. Xavier and Magneto are pompous and arrogant in thinking they know best for every mutant in the world but there is nothing villainous about what they were doing. Again "the X-men" didn't look less heroic than normal. Magneto look like bigot mutant which he always looks like at times, Xavier looked stupid for again putting Magneto situation where you need diplomacy, Storm was given a stupid line so Thing could get a clever line and the rest of the X-men looked fine.

It was said over and over in this thread this mission would have been handle fine with just Kitty (who was the headmaster of the school and the ff trust), Storm (who was the headmaster of school and the ff trust her), Wolverine (who was the headmaster of school and the ff trust him), X-23 who babysitted Franklin and Valeria, Banshee( who was in charge of Gen-X and headmaster of school) who watch over Franklin for awhile when FF were missing. The Onslaught bros weren't need especially Magneto. Magneto was included in book to push Susan and Reed buttons in issue so we could have big drama and a fun comic not because of logic.

The X-men have a legit sell point "a school" where Franklin can be around his peers and also in the process they have the best geneticist in the world in mutant field who can work on franklin issue with his powers and they are gazillion people around who have dealt with losing their powers who could make him feel more comfortable with that process. And Krakoa is a just a gateway away so Franklin can be home every weekend with his family or literally any time he wants. Inspite of how creepy Xavier is coming off there was a legit reasons and selling point beyond him wanting an Omega mutant on Krakoa as another power symbol or whatever hidden agenda. And book did a trash job beyond Kitty moments of showing that
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-05-2020 at 10:53 PM.