Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    and that's why she can't support a solo book.
    no amount of power feats can counter an x-fans pettyness and the grasp of slott on the characther

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    When you can’t stand the thought of your favorite character getting beat, so you pull out the ‘ol sales numbers.

Ah, yes. I’ve won this argument. Mwah ha ha!
    so then you're also posting as TooFlytofail? you even capitalize parts of your name similarly. not exactly a mastermind, huh?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

i was like that too until a cop called me a stupid n****. Franklin has been sheltered for a lot of his life. he should spend some time on krakoa just to become a fully realized individual.

^bait
    But that's one cop/person. So if a white guy goes around thinking everyone should be treated fairly, suddenly meets a black person that beats him and robs him, he should think "Man, the KKK were right..."?

Going to Krakoa will do the opposite in regards to letting him become a realized individual. Everything is for mutantkind, and you're loved for being a mutant. You're actual family is barred because they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Reed & Sue come off as parents who’ve adopted a child but refuse to let that child engage in their culture. And this isn’t anything new, it’s been like this since Xavier first wanted Franklin at the school.

Journey, I don’t think the constant Holocaust analogies are as connective as you think they are.
    Again, what culture...they just started lol.

Yo, I STAAAAAN Magneto, bro! He’d never lose to a —a.... fee-maaaale!

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Their own language, mutant clothing, there is no such thing as property rights on the island, they live sustainably on a living being so there is very little trash/litter. Their homes are part of the ecosystem rather than bringing in bulldozers and excavators.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    But that's one cop/person. So if a white guy goes around thinking everyone should be treated fairly, suddenly meets a black person that beats him and robs him, he should think "Man, the KKK were right..."?

Going to Krakoa will do the opposite in regards to letting him become a realized individual. Everything is for mutantkind, and you're loved for being a mutant. You're actual family is barred because they're not.
    What MW’s real life experience is also an example of how, like it or not, the world will remind you of who you are no matter how sheltered and protected you are. This reverse racism case isn’t engaging in any actual discussion beyond: “but what if this was reversed?” At the end of the day. Franklin is a mutant and has spent most of his formative years in human society. He finally has the choice to go to Krakoa to learn about this culture that he’s never been able to connect to, which would complete the two lives he has to live.

Mutants have their own language, education, fashion, and even ways of living (ex. priority in use of Krakoan utilities over tech)

Culture doesn’t just spring out, fully formed.
    Last edited by Tycon; 02-05-2020 at 10:53 AM.

so then you're also posting as TooFlytofail? you even capitalize parts of your name similarly. not exactly a mastermind, huh?
    What are you talking about? I'm not gloating about Sue; just stating facts.

If on a murderous rampage, she'd blow up Erik from the inside out, if she wanted to. I find her nowhere near as interesting, and only read her solo due the art. She, like Storm, are good group characters that don't have enough depth or compelling conflict to carry a series.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 02-05-2020 at 10:58 AM.

BANNED

sue stans should be happy they have 4 issues before going back to slott, the kindness and charity of the x-men knows no bounds

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But what about how Franklin feels?

And they have a cute history, Kate and Franklin, from back when he was a little munchkin.
    Well in a real life sense how Franklin feels on the subject is irrelevant he's a minor under the rules of his parents. And all he wants is to have his powers back he doesn't care how when he realizes the X-Men aren't doing shit for him he'd bounce.

BANNED

i still think kitty should have droped him to the ground, pick up the blood, snott and tears after he breaks his nose, and then the x-men skedaddle to Mr Sinister's body shope and clone franklin:
    Frankrakoa Ri Xards, the wonder child of krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    no amount of power feats can counter an x-fans pettyness and the grasp of slott on the characther
    you misunderstand. i'm pointing out a built in flaw of the character. in their haste to make up for marginalizing her as the invisible girl for so long, they've turned Sue into a realistically unbeatable character. those kind of characters tend to suck as solo heroes. it's more difficult to build tension. then there's the little matter of her not being able to kill someone. they solved that by having the villain of her mini commit suicide; keeping her hands clean. but how long could you keep that up? i knew Magneto would lose, despite him being very good with his powers and completely unphased by killing, because can't be allowed to lose. overpowered & virtuous has become her brand. Magneto isn't harmed by losing. he does it often to characters he shouldn't. but that's ok because he's generally well written.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well in a real life sense how Franklin feels on the subject is irrelevant he's a minor under the rules of his parents. And all he wants is to have his powers back he doesn't care how when he realizes the X-Men aren't doing shit for him he'd bounce.
    Having that sort of restrictive, controlling presence over a child’s life is very unhealthy and usually leads to resentment.

Well in a real life sense how Franklin feels on the subject is irrelevant he's a minor under the rules of his parents.
    That's a bummer! I'm glad my parents let me explore my interests.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

he's a mutant. they reach adulthood at 13.