Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Magneto only wants to study Franklin because he wants to recreate his House of M. Don't act like Magneto is doing this for the sake of powers.
    ??? he murdered Pietro for creating the House of M.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Considering police evolved from slave patrollers... I’d like to think the systemic issue and the embedded racism are probably related.

It’s implied that Franklin’s power situation isn’t really hard to figure out as its being presented. Like Franklin said, Reed knows how to fix most things but subconsciously can’t/won’t solve the problems of the ones closest to him.
    1) Not really. The police are going to exist in some fashion, depending on the culture. The US started as a slave economy, so of course the police back then were slave patrollers. Also, institutionalized racism was huge in this country for a long time (still is but to a smaller, more subtle effect) because you don't go from having slave to having those slaves being free and not think them lesser. Because those people held power, authority and influence, and that mindset was prevalent in many beneath them you had supremacists as police too. It's all due to changing cultures and the mindsets of those in charge what form the police take. Again, I treat each cop as an individual when I encounter them; same as any black/African man would want the police to treat me.

2) Maybe he wants to see what Xavier's endgame is before letting his son fraternize with them?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it is only the first issue. we don't know Doom's involvement yet. he might show up and take credit like he did for Decimation.
    I wasn't talking about Doom. I'm talking about how terrible their conversation went down.

Mighty Member

??? he murdered Pietro for creating the House of M.
    I can make up my fringe conspiracy theories, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Again, what culture...they just started lol.
    While I agree that Reed and Sue have the final say as Franklin’s parents since he is a minor and his safety is their main priority, to say mutant culture isn’t established canon already would be careless. You don’t get to the point of having a designated cultural demographic area like District X without a culture/connecting bond. That’s community forming and is just as valid as Harlem(was), Little Italy, Chinatown, etc.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

She is more grizzly bear mom, than human mom, in temperament, so don't provoke her lol. Remember what she did to Latveria when she her Valeria CHOSE to live with Doom?
    That was really Malice....not the true Susan.

So you'd be the smart man that let's Sinister get the DNA of Marvel's literal Jesus Christ?
    i feel that Sinister is misunderstood. he sacrificed a lot to become an expert on mutancy. and i think Reed and Sue are a bit selfish to confine Jesus Christ to his room. he needs to die for our sins, afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Okay, so let’s lay out what they’re lying about.

“Moira is a mutant.”

“Mutants have lost up to this point.”

“No pre-cogs allowed.”

These are it. Both secrets only exist because of Moira’s insistence on them being secrets.
    Three actual secrets, that have a bigger implication, aren’t nearly as bad as the fictional one that Reed may have, that the other guy is making up in his head in order to paint Reed as possibly evil—rather than a concerned parent.

Yes. Very good. Excellent.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 02-05-2020 at 11:28 AM.

that was _________not the true Susan

a) alcohol
    b) malice
    c) hangriness
    d) hormones

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Any prominent X-telepath and apparently Kitty now that we’ve seen her force fields have no effect on her, could shut off Sue with a thought. I give her all of the credit she rightfully deserves but a troll is a troll is a troll. You tried it though. Next.
    1) A TP can be caught off guard, and Sue doesn't have to move to do what she does (same as the TP). So that's a coin toss.

2) Kitty can be killed as long as she can't see the attack coming. Sue is the invisible woman with the invisible shields.

2) Maybe he wants to see what Xavier's endgame is before letting his son fraternize with them?
    the mutants have been very open and honest about their goals. don't you remember them meeting with others heads of state?

a) alcohol
    b) malice
    c) hangriness
    d) hormones
    No that was the real Sue, she's gets reckless when her kids are involved. Doom and Val made her look like crazy person when she overreacted to their kinship.

Mighty Member

a) alcohol
    b) malice
    c) hangriness
    d) hormones

{Insert X-Man here} did something stupid/evil because of ____
    a) telepathic interference
    b) demon interference
    c) being high on kick
    d) all of the above

1) A TP can be caught off guard, and Sue doesn't have to move to do what she does (same as the TP). So that's a coin toss.

2) Kitty can be killed as long as she can't see the attack coming. Sue is the invisible woman with the invisible shields.
    Kate is a ninja.

Again, what culture...they just started lol.
    Well, like all cultures at some point. All cultures are things that people make up.