Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

lol people seem to forget the X-Men have always been weirdos

I feel like in 20 years, people are still going to be saying "I bet the X-Men were just clones during Krakoa".

Or, it'll go the way of when people thought Layla Miller took away everyone's souls when she restored their memories in House of M, because they wanted an explanation for characters not acting like they were "supposed to".

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maybe...without Cypher on-island to keep him "tethered", and because he is symbiotically "feeding" off of the mutant population, perhaps Krakoa is subtly and subliminally influencing their behaviours (as with Black Tom in XF)...for his own self preservation which is ultimately the preservation of all mutants.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-05-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah but I don’t think Franklin knew they all got slaughtered at that point. It was a pretty bad line but I think he’s become like a sociopath or anything.

Like they wouldn’t question why Logan and Pyro are alive?

This may be a spoiler so I’ll just tag but in one of the recent Venom issues:

spoilers:
    Maker revealed that he’s working with a new Council of Reeds. They’ve been checking up on him to see whenever he’ll return to his native universe.
    end of spoilers

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s working with a new Illuminati but it would have to look radically different since all the OG members are going through some stuff.

Tony: thinks he’s AI and helping fortify a robot revolution
    Bruce: starting a war with humanity
    Stephen: well he seems pretty okay but also doesn’t seem to be actively against Krakoa
    Blackagar: missing, licking those DoI wounds
    T’Challa: taking into account Wakanda/Krakoa relations, probably wouldn’t want to kick the nest
    I see a new Illuminati consisting of:

- Reed
    - Doom
    - Maker
    - Namor
    - T'Challa (depends on international relations at the time)
    - Strange

Other wildcard members I could see:
    - Val (if something happens to Franklin or she sees something troubling on Krakoa)
    - Arno Stark (current Iron Man)
    - Hydra Cap as a representative of Orchis joining, and subversion of the last time Cap was on the team.

However, I definitely see those main 6 forming a Illuminati if only to just observe the movements of Krakoa.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 02-05-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Or maybe they're just not being written how you'd like them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Or maybe they're just not being written how you'd like them to be.
    Actually, I love how they are written. I've had absolutely no qualms with DoX Krakoa, so far. (with the exception of this XM/F4...the premise makes no sense to me)
    I was just positing a probable plot theory given the relationship between Krakoa and the Mutants who inhabit the island quite separate and apart from the "These Mutants are All Clones" nonsense.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-05-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Not for this story, or the general X-story at the moment.

Instead of chatting with friends, or looking to do things sensibly, the X-Men are acting like over the top zealots.

Something is up, as these are just not the characters I became a fan of, nor characters I want to read about. They are acting so over the top about everything, to the point I fully expect them to not be them and the real people to be in the basement of Krakoa
    I would have to disagree with you on that.

I don't really see them acting like Zealots when all they want is to save mutants lives. Now Magneto on the other hand is for sure acting like a Zealot. This issue showed us that Pro.X, Magneto and the Fantastic Four are just acting way OVER the TOP.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    He could visit. It would be like sending him to summer camp.

.....at Camp Crystal Lake.
    That's why it'd be a family vacation....to Camp Crystal Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Idk I think it'd be a bit anticlimatic for Krakoa to end with the "they were clones all along" excuse
    Literally most of the higher ups are clones..... Their whole resurrection process is just cloning until they have a mutant who can grab souls from the afterlife during the process join the five.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

lol people seem to forget the X-Men have always been weirdos
    Nuh-UH!! they are not weirdos.....SPider-man is

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I feel like in 20 years, people are still going to be saying "I bet the X-Men were just clones during Krakoa".

Or, it'll go the way of when people thought Layla Miller took away everyone's souls when she restored their memories in House of M, because they wanted an explanation for characters not acting like they were "supposed to".
    Weirder retcons have been imagined…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I see a new Illuminati consisting of:

- Reed
    - Doom
    - Maker
    - Namor
    - T'Challa (depends on international relations at the time)
    - Strange

Other wildcard members I could see:
    - Val (if something happens to Franklin or she sees something troubling on Krakoa)
    - Arno Stark (current Iron Man)
    - Hydra Cap as a representative of Orchis joining, and subversion of the last time Cap was on the team.

However, I definitely see those main 6 forming a Illuminati if only to just observe the movements of Krakoa.
    Actually, I could see Arno joining up with them. I can see Reed working with Maker again, but both of them working with Doom? Interested to see how they would write that. I think Namor’s current position of being super aggro + him being willing to join Krakoa may put him off from a team of humans tracking mutants’ movements. And you know what, Savage Avengers #0 actually could give Strange a reason to join a new Illuminati.

spoilers:
    Strange sensed a new kind of magic on Krakoa and questioned Cable on what was going on before being interrupted by Magik. I can see Strange wanting to investigate that further.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Literally most of the higher ups are clones..... Their whole resurrection process is just cloning until they have a mutant who can grab souls from the afterlife during the process join the five.
    And that mutant was named Cerebro.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Nuh-UH!! they are not weirdos.....SPider-man is
    At least, he doesn't take himself seriously…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    *smiles gently while nodding head and thinking: there-there...*

BANNED

mutants have always been bitchy that only care about their own circle ,remember when spider man came to the school and everyone groaned collectivly ?