Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

I think some are mixing up appropriate and understandable. Sue going on the attack wasn't appropriate, but was completely understandable. Many parents would feel the same as her. She could have handled things better (and usually does in situations like this) but it makes sense. People react differently depending on the situation, and Sue taking no sh*t when it comes to her kids has always been her thing. She could have defintley handled it better, but characters can and should make mistakes, just like real people. Especially understandable ones like this.

Plus none of her "attacks" where offensive until the big fight in front of the Krakoan gate.
    Putting Magneto in a ball is emabarrasing but not life threatening or anything lol. People were talking about her putting up a force-field when they first came to her door and I'm thinking: So? It's just a force-field, it's defensive not offensive in nature. All it showed is that she didn't want them to come in.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-07-2020 at 02:39 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    But, the mutants are using capitalism to grind the humans into the ground....
    Humans should figure out something that isn't capitalism then.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    There is no Israel without Palestine so if Krokoa doesn't have a Palestine analogue then Krokoa isn't Israel.
    Thats what I was thinking...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Plus none of her "attacks" where offensive until the big fight in front of the Krakoan gate.
    Putting Magneto in a ball is emabarrasing but not life threatening or anything lol. People were talking about her putting up a force-field when they first came to her door and I'm thinking: So? It's just a force-field, it's defensive not offensive in nature. All it showed is that she didn't want them to come in.
    Where they going to force their way into her house? No. Defensive posture was actually aggression in that situation. Sue and Magneto were people in the story that keep escalating things to where there was a conflict. If she didn't want anybody around her place before you throw up your superpower forcefield you tell them to leave with words. They don't listen then you throw up force field ask them again, Then you fight. It is called escalation of force and it is taught in conflict management. You match threat with same amount of aggression they are showing.

Sue constantly keep showing force over the threat that was actually happening. The reason that is bad because you are making people respond to your level of force. Sue being aggressive is opening for Magneto to be aggressive. Giving people reason to respond to your level put people in danger. Her bubble in the house could lead to response from Magneto that have hurt Valeria and Franklin. Her aggression on the street could have lead to people around being hurt in the crossfire of the fight. Showing aggression leads to aggression.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-07-2020 at 04:29 AM.

If Magneto had put on a force field "defensively" like Sue did we'd be throwing stones at the comic book itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Thats what I was thinking...
    Krakoa isn't meant to be exact parallel to Israel, Just like mutants are not exact parallel to specific minority. Krakoa has clear parallels to Israel, Krakoa also clear parallels to Black Wall Street. Krakoa has clearly parallels to Chinatown or Little Havana,etc

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I can't imagine Charley didn't know that going in with Magneto and Wolverine would cause the Richards to respond negatively. I bet he was counting on Franklin to do exactly as he did and be turned off by his parents' reaction and run away with Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Humans should figure out something that isn't capitalism then.
    Or, the mutants shouldn't also exploit that same system?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I can't imagine Charley didn't know that going in with Magneto and Wolverine would cause the Richards to respond negatively. I bet he was counting on Franklin to do exactly as he did and be turned off by his parents' reaction and run away with Kate.
    Not really I think they were counting on him to make his own decision see Krakoa at some point after their pitch. Reed being shady just made it easier the push for him to want see Krakoa. I think they were counting at some point that Franklin would walk through the portal on his own on curiosity or maybe even as act of indepence or rebellion.

Reed predict his son would be curious or rebel like a teenager would do, I think Xavier also was counting on that too.

How you do fix the system without control of them system? You want to make something better you take control then change it for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Considering Krakoa is supposed to be Post-Holocaust Jews starting up Israel ...
    Except Israel never made Mengele a member of their government.

Without that system, humans would not tolerate Krakoa's existence and there would not be peace. It's not the mutants' fault that humans demand something in return for recognizing Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    How you do fix the system without control of them system? You want to make something better you take control then change it for the better.
    No, no, no. To fix the system, make that system obsolete. No one would care about money if they had all the food, shelter, water, health, and security they and their community needed(which is precisely what the mutants have on Krakoa). Everything else: the art, the expression, the creative intellect, could then be given freely. The Krakoan strategy of trying to out-capitalize the capitalists is actually just bringing out the worst in both the mutants and the humans. This is the narrative choice of course. The narrative choice made by the capitalistic entity creating and distributing the story....

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Except Israel never made Mengele a member of their government.
    Did Israel have something like Project Paperclip to?

I was expecting this to be good but Chip delivered big time on it. Not a single wasted panel. It felt as if every line and moment actually mattered.

I’ve heard some people say why Sue attacked first. I’m surprised she didn’t attack sooner. You literally show up at her doorstep with plans on taking her son with Magneto by your side? It might have been a smarter move for Xavier to simply come alone or with a few more passive X-men. Granted I know this newish X-men is more “fight first questions later”, however this might not have been the best scenario for that mindset.

Also if I’m the F4 how the heck could I be comfortable with Franklin being in Krakoa being as how it seems like it’s so easy for enemies to break in and they are also housing a few enemies in there as well.

All in all, so hyped for the rest of this series.
    Last edited by RD155; 02-07-2020 at 05:54 AM.