Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1070
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I wonder if Xavier also want Artie and Leech or just Franklin.
    Now *that* is an interesting point. I wonder how Artie and Leech feel about having been, more or less, abandoned by the X-peeps, taken in by the FF, and now hear that the X-folk showed up to recruit their friend Franklin, and, once again, totally forgotten that they even exist...

Artie and Leech, picked last for mutant volleyball, once again.

And that would make a fine 'how do you do?' to Xavier and crew. "You want to give my best to my son? Sure. Artie and Leech say, 'hello,' as well. Remember them? And all those other mutants you left in the sewers to eat rats and die while you lived in your fancy mansion?"
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-10-2020 at 06:08 PM.

You realize I'm not being literal, right? I'm pointing out the unfortunate implications of trying to apply a specific metaphor to this situation. Its not a well thought out comparison and it only makes sense on a thin, surface level analysis. Which has been a major recurring problem in the X books for more than a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Now *that* is an interesting point. I wonder how Artie and Leech feel about having been, more or less, abandoned by the X-peeps, taken in by the FF, and now hear that the X-folk showed up to recruit their friend Franklin, and, once again, totally forgotten that they even exist...

And that would make a fine 'how do you do?' to Xavier and crew. "You want to give my best to my son? Sure. Artie and Leech say, 'hello,' as well. Remember them? And all those other mutants you left in the sewers to eat rats and die while you lived in your fancy mansion?"
    Franklin's powers are dwindling, that's what sparked the interest. And the X-Men helped the Morlocks flee the country and placed them in Chernaya, a nation friendly to mutants, for their protection.

The Morlocks are now back in the U.S. living in Arizona on a beautiful golf course, paid for by Emma/Hellfire Trading Co. They are not being forced to live on Krakoa and are being financially taken care of. For the record.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I don’t see how “look what the Pretender has done to us” is a sign of a positive future interaction.
    If itīs the beggining of a redemption arc for Wanda for decimation then it can be a positive thing, similar with how after all the troubles Pietro had post HoM was enough for him to be welcome back on X-Factor. I donīt think marvel will go with this after all the mental gymnastics they went trying to justify decimation but thereīs a possibility. Aftar all Hickmanīs is a writer who likes to bring heros low so they can get up again.

Her situation also brings interesting drama as Xavier was the one who called her that, interesting given he usually forgivess pretty easily, while for Magneto, her situation is the one thing heīs not willing to put under his mission with mutantkind, he showed that during childrenīs crusade and Axis.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-10-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    If itīs the beggining of a redemption arc for Wanda for decimation then it can be a positive thing,
    Given it's been established and made more than clear in-universe that happened wasn't her fault, saying she needs redemption is certainly not a sign of anything positive because now she's taking heat for something that wasn't her fault.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Given it's been established and made more than clear in-universe that happened wasn't her fault, saying she needs redemption is certainly not a sign of anything positive because now she's taking heat for something that wasn't her fault.
    Not really even inside universe the X-men, Wolverine and even Magneto didnīt quite buy that story but it was generally accepted as a way for her to come back from limbo and even she said she made herself vulnerable for manipulation and worse her general actitude of not caring or even feeling offended when someone talked about it after the fact didnīt help her case, Jean may have been possesed by the phoenix force and the X-men fought to defend her life from the imperial shiar guard but no one of them EVER said that Jean wasnīt responsible of what she did, or that what she did was wrong, which wasnīt the case with Wanda and this has affected the perception of her character on the comics by the characters and by the fans.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

This sounds like nothing more than an excuse to blame Wanda again, just to appease salty fans who get insulted by the character continuing to exist.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

CBR's Tim Webber has a theory about the Godpower and Franklin's declining power levels.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-fantastic-...ases-godpower/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    CBR's Tim Webber has a theory about the Godpower and Franklin's declining power levels.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-fantastic-...ases-godpower/
    I don’t buy it, Franklin began to experience the power loss in another universe, before Krakoa started. Another possibility could be the distance with his family. The FF began to lose their powers when they where in different universes, what if the emotional distance has the same effect ? Now he is a teenager and more disntant with his family , maybe he is the reason why he is fading .

He will have an election in the future , it could be : stay in Krakoa and we can fill your body with Psy energy (like DOFP Franklin) , you will lose the potential to be the ultimate being in the universe forever but you can still be a Omega level mutant and live among mutants .
    Or go with you family and trust that eventually your original powers will come back

Astonishing Member

Considering the Cosmic Rays have been positioned as an opposing force to Gamma (and thus TOAA v TOBA), is it not possible Franklin’s diminishing strength is connected to the rise of Devil Hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding culture, so please -- to anyone better versed, chime in -- but isn't culture more than physical contributions -- like art, music, and language? Isn't it about shared experience too?

When a black mother has to tell her black children about how to behave in the presence of law enforcement, is that not a cultural experience, unique to that community?
    When a queer person coaches another queer person on how to navigate coming out to their family and friends and what challenges that may or may not present is that not a cultural experience, unique to that community?
    When a mutant child's powers manifest and they inadvertently cause harm or damage to their environment, which then leads to their being feared/hunted, is that not a cultural experience, unique to that community?

I feel strongly that there IS a mutant culutre, and that its more than fashion, recipes, or residence.
    After doing some internet digging, I came across some books/content that I hadn't actually read back when they were printed.
    District X?
    Also known as Mutant Town (Morrison gave mutants their own Harlem or China Town or Little Italy analogue) was meant to illustrate that mutants are MORE than just paramilitary teams. District X established a range of mutant-owned businesses, clubs and restaurants, as well as a burgeoning mutant subculture. Bands such as 'Sentinel Bait' and 'Juggernauts' were mentioned as parts of this subculture, while mutant fashion designers like Jumbo Carnation and nightclubs such as Daniel's Inferno created a vibrant, mutant-oriented nightlife.

And then there's Genosha.

I mean, think about Hogwarts. There is a wizarding culture there, regardless of whether some wizards live among muggles. They have a culture all their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Yeah, I want to see Xavier going after Artie, leech and Molly too.

I wonder if in the mini they will mention them or justpretend tha tonly Franklin is a mutant

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I don’t buy it, Franklin began to experience the power loss in another universe, before Krakoa started.
    Yeah, it seems like a stretch. All those mutants coming back are a drop in the ocean compared to how much energy Franklin burned through creating even a single planet, in a single one of the many universes he created. If there's some sort of 'Godpower' that everyone is tapping into, Franklin isn't suffering from a shortage of power because of a few *dozen* mutant resurrections, anymore than he suddenly became omnipotent when *16 million mutants died* in Genosha.

It's far more likely that he's just drank too much (creating universes is no joke, y'all!), and the bartender has cut him off.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, I want to see Xavier going after Artie, leech and Molly too.

I wonder if in the mini they will mention them or justpretend tha tonly Franklin is a mutant
    Leech is an interesting character. Would Charles want to bring a mutant that shuts down mutants' powers to the home base of all mutants?
    I could see a nefarious entity discovering, capturing and exploiting Leech at some point down the road. I don't think I'd want him anywhere near Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Leech is an interesting character. Would Charles want to bring a mutant that shuts down mutants' powers to the home base of all mutants?
    I could see a nefarious entity discovering, capturing and exploiting Leech at some point down the road. I don't think I'd want him anywhere near Sinister.
    Krakoa being home of all mutants seem even more fake