Default How powerful should Hippoltya be?

In terms of power, where should Hippoltya be? I notice either she is around her daughter's level or at least the strongest when her daughter isn't there.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-05-2020 at 09:25 AM.

I like Hippolyta many times (maybe 5 to 10X) the strength of the typical Amazon, but nowhere near the levels of Cassie, Donna, Diana. Also below the levels of Artemis, Fury and Nubia.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like Hippolyta many times (maybe 5 to 10X) the strength of the typical Amazon, but nowhere near the levels of Cassie, Donna, Diana. Also below the levels of Artemis, Fury and Nubia.
    if Hippolyta wears the Gauntlet of Atlas, it would boost her natural strength by a factor of ten. In 750, we saw Hippoloyta using the Sandals of Hermes to travel from Themyscira. I would be perfectly OK with Hippolyta boosting her natural strength using these gifts. There may be other gifts from the gods given to the Amazons, such as the God Killer, that may have yet to be revealed. These could be part of an arsenal to used by the Amazons or more specifically, Hippoloyta, to protect her people from any threats, mortal or immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    if Hippolyta wears the Gauntlet of Atlas, it would boost her natural strength by a factor of ten. In 750, we saw Hippoloyta using the Sandals of Hermes to travel from Themyscira. I would be perfectly OK with Hippolyta boosting her natural strength using these gifts. There may be other gifts from the gods given to the Amazons, such as the God Killer, that may have yet to be revealed. These could be part of an arsenal to used by the Amazons or more specifically, Hippoloyta, to protect her people from any threats, mortal or immortal.
    I would be fine with Hippolyta at te level I mentioned AND her using the Gifts you mention, not every day, but on certain missions.

So I guess one main reason is she is part of an old era that is end but Diana is the start of a new one

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So I guess one main reason is she is part of an old era that is end but Diana is the start of a new one
    Diana needs to be the strongest Amazon, otherwise the whole “contest to see who goes to Man’s World” is pointless imo. That doesn’t mean other Amazons couldn’t beat her through trickery or tactics (although Diana is no slouch as a tactician herself imo) but in terms of raw power, Diana is #1.

I get that. But all I'm saying since Hippotlya is queen I do think she should handle herself pretty well. Maybe before Diana Hippolyta was one of the best? I will say this Diana shouldn't have her gifts until she wins. Her training and skills should be shown. To make it fair. I mean Mala, Artemis, and Nubia are shown to be up there with Diana.

I don't like the watered down physical powers of the later year Amazons. I prefer them as unapologetically superlative.

Thus it should come as no surprise that I think she should be in upper echelons of strength.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

"Amazon" is like "Kryptonian" or "Daxamite". A standard repertoire of superpowers comes with membership. These should include superhuman strength and speed and extraordinary durability, and if they are less than Kryptonian level in those things, they more than make up for it by their training and military discipline. Hippolyta should definitely be able to hold her own with Diana, as she did in the Bloodlines movie.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison