Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default Young Justice #13 Spoilers/Review

So, the issue begins with Superboy and Warlord. The art style is different when focused on Superboy, but knowing it's only temporary and having it's own sense of charm, it's not bad. Superboy bemoans himself again while Warlord tries to one-up him. Superboy doesnt seem interested in Warlord's story and then they are attacked by lizard men. Superboy and Warlord are eventually confronted by a stupid looking character, with an even more stupid name, and with yet even more stupid dialogue. This enemy has a kryptonite sword and it ends with a cliffhanger.

This whole passage thus far is not necessarily bad, but it feels hollow because at some point Warlord will be a nonfactor and whatever lesson hes trying to give will seem lost in the cluster of this series.

The comic also focuses on Tim and the gang. Get ready to cringe while reading the dialogue. This is especially true when the first two pages featuring the group there is dialogue on two separate instances where the reader is reminded that this is supposed to be a comic book about Young Justice.

None of the dialogue comes off as particularly original(people asking if bart always acts like he does
    .....we've read that sort of stuff many times) or interesting.

Due to certain events, Tim and the gang head out to New Mexico and Cassie gives the cringest dialogue of the issue about how she, tim, and bart have done "this" before and they will lead the others....trust me, once you read it for yourself you will know what I mean.

Bart arrives first to New Mexico and meets a group of young heroes(aqualad, spoiler, arrowette,etc)....that he for some reason expected to be there....bart asks if they are ready to go. Aqualad says yes because they are the real young Justice. So now theres about 15 young heroes to note.

If you are keeping track, that's the third time in one issue that the name "young Justice" gets thrown out there for no reason.

0.5/10 it truly was worse than I'm describing and I might be done with this series for a while.
    Last edited by armycat23; 02-05-2020 at 10:05 AM.