Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best "fight" Music

What are the greatest songs to ever accompany a battle, war or fight in any form of media?

The conflict can be fiction or non fiction as long as it has an epic song going hand in hand with it.

Which song affected you the most, either with adrenaline or pure raw emotion?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

There's a reason why there's a meme called You Say Run goes with everything.

It's because You Say Run is freaking GREAT!

Toss this into a fight at the right moment and I am entranced.

It is a classic at this point yes =)

I would like to nominate "1,600 men" from the movie "1917".

It's a non traditional battle with non traditional battle music but gawd dayum I CANT get past 4:25 seconds without bursting into tears and getting goosebumps.

https://youtu.be/qbZgi8oH1JE
    SPOILERS!! Dont read the comments section if you haven't watched the movie.

It was a fantastic movie. Would strongly reccomend.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I'm not a big fan of Quentin Tarantino, but his choice of music for the big fight scene with the Crazy 88s in Kill Bill Part One was inspired: Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, by Santa Esmeralda. The percussion matched up well with the sword strokes, and there was this soaring quality to the melody that matched the pace of the action so well. I think that Tarantino likely has an amazing record collection and some of his best scenes are inspired by songs.

This. Nuff' Said.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Tiger-eye.jpg

Nice, Cthulhu.

From the same overarching franchise, the theme song Emiya plays during all the most climactic battles of Fate stay/night. It’s been remixed countless times due to its iconic status but my personal favorite is the Realta Nua version.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2gzroX4bAU

*Don’t let me down in 2020 Kajiura Yuki*
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post

Tiger-eye.jpg
    I feel like that's more build up music than fight music.

They play it during the training montage, not the actual fight.

Extraordinary Member

I am currently replaying NieR: Automata and damn that game has some great music, including tons of OST to choose for battles.

End of the Unknown is just one of many kickass fight songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I am currently replaying NieR: Automata and damn that game has some great music, including tons of OST to choose for battles.

End of the Unknown is just one of many kickass fight songs.

If you want to go the NieR, route. From Gestalt/Replicant, there's:

Gods Bound By Rules
    Shadowlord
    The Dark Colossus Destroys All

---

Which are cleverly hidden away in Automata, with slight alteration.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Fantastic Member

The Once Upon A Time in China theme always sticks in my mind:

Fantastic Member

"Mars" from Holst's The Planets is another classic:

Since this is a comic book forum, I'd like to mention use of music in a comic book fight scene. In one of the early Kabuki storylines, possibly Circle of Blood, there is a fight scene with the song Devil Inside by INXS playing in the background. Only it's a comic book, so we can't actually hear the music. But the song was still popular at that time, so just including the lyrics next to musical note symbols was enough to convey the song. While reading that scene, I had the song in my head, and the pace of the song set the pace of my reading of that page, and it was good. I would post a scan, but I can't find it online and my copy is out on loan.

The Wonderful 101 has a pretty great soundtrack overall, but the only track that's managed to really persist beyond its botched Wii U release is 'Tables Turn'

Every boss has their own theme until the player hits a certain stage of the battle, usually when a major weakness is exposed or things really ramp up. The soundtrack, then, changes from a dread villain theme to a heroic theme suite:

Even though the boss fight is far from over, it feels like starting a victory lap before the grand finish.

This song is pretty close, imo, of being 100% pure audio hype.

As of the last few years, Mick Gordon has become one of my favorite artists for his work in Killer Instinct and Doom.