Incredible Member

Default Is Wally West the new Donna Troy?

I mean, I know he's the new Dr. Manhattan, but in becoming so, has he now finally taken the crown of "most-convoluted" away from Donna Troy?

He's not as convoluted as Donna.

BANNED

Nobody is convulted.

Extraordinary Member

I have a feeling that all those Titans will become convoluted - if not already - before Didio is done at DC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I mean, I know he's the new Dr. Manhattan, but in becoming so, has he now finally taken the crown of "most-convoluted" away from Donna Troy?
    I don't think inheriting cosmic time alteration powers is that game-changing for a Flash. This move, besides connecting Rebirth and Darkseid War a little more, does feel like a "Justice For Wally" scenario, since Manhattan is the one who took Wally away. And Wally does look good in blue. I think the Manhattan-Metron Fusion look will feel dated pretty quick and is probably not a permanent costume change for Wally, but it's cute for this story in a somewhat Geoff Johnsy kind of way, right? Gotta say that even with all the clues being there, this being the follow-up angle and impetus for the Rebirth-Rebirth is kind of neat.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

if the Titans aren't back together by the end of the year i'm done w DC.This is gettn Ridiculous.1st they F UP Donna then they switch a good team for a crappy team then they cancel the book.then they kill roy now let's make Wally..Dr fckn Manhattan.i just can't understand what it is bout the Titans that DC doesn't like.

The only character half as close to being as convoluted as Donna is Hawkman. Poor Wally's been dragged through hell lately but his story and history isn't anywhere close to being as broken as Donna's.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I don't think inheriting cosmic time alteration powers is that game-changing for a Flash. This move, besides connecting Rebirth and Darkseid War a little more, does feel like a "Justice For Wally" scenario, since Manhattan is the one who took Wally away. And Wally does look good in blue. I think the Manhattan-Metron Fusion look will feel dated pretty quick and is probably not a permanent costume change for Wally, but it's cute for this story in a somewhat Geoff Johnsy kind of way, right? Gotta say that even with all the clues being there, this being the follow-up angle and impetus for the Rebirth-Rebirth is kind of neat.
    There is no Justice here, though. Manhattan and Wally never even interacted outside of a brief flashback. Nothing that he did to Wally was explained or made up for. There was never any comeuppance or even a significant character interaction to resolve this issue. Wally's just set off to the side to resolve it on his own since DClock rendered him defunct to the story he kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The only character half as close to being as convoluted as Donna is Hawkman. Poor Wally's been dragged through hell lately but his story and history isn't anywhere close to being as broken as Donna's.
    Donna's current, canon history is less convoluted than Wally's current, but her all time history is certainly much more messy.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Dc comics is convoluted. It doesn't matter.

For that to happen, DC must destroy his origins. As long as his origins are solid, you can always go to basics with him.

Incredible Member

We need a "Where Are They Now?" for the New Teen Titans.

It'd be... depressing!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    We need a "Where Are They Now?" for the New Teen Titans.

It'd be... depressing!
    Have didio laugh maniacally at the ending as well.Lo and behold! evil has won.

Mighty Member

Wally West will never be Donna Tory, (as much as I like Donna) Wally is one of the conerstones of the DC universe. That being said it is an absolute disgrace!!! how they've treated a character that is beloved by so many fans, and for me personally having him kill off Roy Harper is unforgivable.