Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joker War

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Default Joker War

Any more news or gossip on it? Just curious if more information had dropped

We don't really have much to go on.

We know Joker's new girlfriend Punchline will have a role, and Its meant to be an entire Batfamily event - who will have some sort of new relationship going forward post Alfred death that im assuming we will see in Pennyworth RIP. My hunch is that Joker might reveal the Batfamilies identities. I have nothing to go on to support this. I just have a feeling.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    We don't really have much to go on.

We know Joker's new girlfriend Punchline will have a role, and Its meant to be an entire Batfamily event - who will have some sort of new relationship going forward post Alfred death that im assuming we will see in Pennyworth RIP. My hunch is that Joker might reveal the Batfamilies identities. I have nothing to go on to support this. I just have a feeling.
    I think it'll also involve the real return of dick grayson and this will be his first interractions with the bat family with his memories back.

I'm assuming it will be the last, big, Batman vs. Joker storyline before 5G hits.

ah crap im not sure how to hide a photo in a spoiler tag. So beware a spoiler below

Spoiler Warning

spoilers:
    bm_89_page20_5e3db7765175d8.22710358.jpg

Looks like joker war will have the batfamilies identities revealed.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Katana500; 02-07-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

ah crap im not sure how to hide a photo in a spoiler tag. So beware a spoiler below

Spoiler Warning

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    He's figured out the Bat fan's identities?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Looks that way! Since New 52 its always been kinda hinted that he knows. But looks like he is finally going to use this information

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It's been hinted at for awhile but I'm not sure how to feel about this. I always got the impression he knew but didn't care.

Spectacular Member

question is this the back up for alfred rip special or batman 89

Spoiler Warning

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    So Death of the Family 2?
    Looks that way! Since New 52 its always been kinda hinted that he knows. But looks like he is finally going to use this information
    I think it became especially clear by Endgame where he breaks into the Batcave and hacks off Alfred's hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by E.Marie View Post
    It's been hinted at for awhile but I'm not sure how to feel about this. I always got the impression he knew but didn't care.
    He's never shown as really caring before, but this is the end times for this generation of heroes so maybe they feel like stirring things up.

Tynion's first page to prelude his run showed Joker reacting with amusement to Superman revealing his secret identity, so maybe that's inspired him a little here.

Quote Originally Posted by E.Marie View Post
    Honestly I always thought the same thing, I mean there had to have been multiple events just during Snyder's run on both Batman and Justice League and the Metal event where he figured it out, or other events like the Death of Jason Todd or the Killing Joke where incident should have let him to consider Wayne being connected to them. Just Death of the family alone should have been enough.

But I kind of chalked it up to Joker thinking that it wouldn't be fun anymore if people just knew Batman was Bruce Wayne
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I can easily buy that Joker has known who Batman is and hasn't cared. That's not the point of the joke, after all.

But Joker is also totally chaotic, and what he finds funny today won't be the same as tomorrow. So it doesn't make a ton of sense for him to never act on this info either. Today he thinks it'd ruin the joke to tell people, sure, but tomorrow? Tomorrow it might be funnier to share.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Batman actually referred to Robin as Jason when he confronted Joker about the killing. There was another time where Batman started beating him up while yelling "Jason Todd." Joker also said something like," his name was Jason, right?" when he was taunting Nightwing. So Joker definitely should have known for some time.

Sure, I can by that Joker might think it'd be funny to reveal it but is he going to keep trying if he gets stopped? I'm a little curious how this is going to be played.

He was in the cave again in The Batman Who Laughs mini. He's known since New 52.

My general though has always been he didn't care even before New 52.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Barbara's he ought to have known as soon as she came back as Batgirl, because of course he'd know perfectly well that the reason she vanished was because he shot her in her civilian persona, leaving her disabled. Barbara walking again is public knowledge.

Dick he outed publicly about half way through the New 52 era. From him, if he didn't already know Bruce, Jason, Tim and Damian's identities, he could easily make the connection. When Spyral made Dick's identity secret again at the end of the Grayson series, it wouldn't have affected any knowledge of anyone else's secrets, meaning he'd have quickly relearned Dick's.

ah crap im not sure how to hide a photo in a spoiler tag.
    I'm sorry to say, it's impossible. This forum seems to be using outdated code, and spoiler tags don't hide images.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-08-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman