Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's because they don't have the good characters. There's literally no plan for them that they can make to make most of us think otherwise outside of Spider-Man vs movies.
    Which doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Sony's live action efforts since Spider-Man 3 have been questionable at best

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Good characters are made, not adapted. Especially when most of the potential audience has never heard of them. Saying Kraven is automatically a fail is like saying John McLane is automatically a fail.
    Truth. But as this thread kind of proves, more fans are going to ask "Why though?" instead of giving it a fair shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Which doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Sony's live action efforts since Spider-Man 3 have been questionable at best
    True, but Venom was fine and fun, and the animated success might help inform them going forward. It's worth being open for now.

I can at least get going with Venom but I feel like that was kind of a lucky break for them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    True, but Venom was fine and fun, and the animated success might help inform them going forward. It's worth being open for now.
    Venom was ok, if a bit generic, but I think it was really carried by Hardy's performance. Still, of all of spider-man's foes, Venom is one of the most connected to Spider-Man, so not seeing them fight each other is a bit disappointing. Morbius seems like more of a character who doesn't need Spidey

Sony seems to have better success in animation so far

Chameleon was Kraven's half brother in the comics. So they could always explore that dynamic more.

https://fandomwire.com/sonys-kraven-...ey-could-play/

Someone did a fancasting for Kraven's film. I thought it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://fandomwire.com/sonys-kraven-...ey-could-play/

Someone did a fancasting for Kraven's film. I thought it was fun.
    Everything except Dev Patel playing ATJ's son. To lazy to Google it but I doubt there's much of an age difference. Wouldn't be surprised if Patel is older even.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Everything except Dev Patel playing ATJ's son. To lazy to Google it but I doubt there's much of an age difference. Wouldn't be surprised if Patel is older even.
    It would work better if Johnson was playing one of Kraven's sons than Kraven himself. Although they could always just Kraven more siblings.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-05-2021 at 08:36 AM.